2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That Raptor-style tailgate applique is available as an accessory from Ford..

I believe the OP painted it on, vs the Ford accessory which is a piece of plastic, which might look nasty in a few years as it gets UV damage.
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe the OP painted it on, vs the Ford accessory which is a piece of plastic, which might look nasty in a few years as it gets UV damage.
I understand, I posted it for those who want the look w\o painting.

I have no reason to believe the accessory will UV damage any more than any other Ford plastic on the Maverick. The appliqué on my Raptor still looks perfect.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I understand, I posted it for those who want the look w\o painting.
Of course, I wanted people to know, just in case anyone gets confused while scrolling through, that the accessory from Ford and what the OP did on the tailgate are not the same thing. :)

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I will love the concept.

I would have taken some liberty with the design to suit the Ford Maverick's lines. If you look at the Boss Mustang, it provides some ideas.
  1. The swoop on the side should continue to the hood. I might have found a way to change it from a straight line to a curve to match the wheel opening before going up to the hood.
  2. The windshield base has a curve. I would mimic this curve with the line connecting the side swoop to the hood's center stripe. This tie-in would stop the center stripe short of the end of the hood. And
  3. Lastly, I think I would place the stripe running down the side up higher and wrap it around the back of the truck -- below the taillights, across the tailgate, and connect the left with the right.
The painted tailgate works. I would also place black letters in the 'Maverick' on the tailgate.

Thank you for sharing your fantastic work. You should be very proud of what you created.

OP
OP
DavePamh

DavePamh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered 2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine came with BAP, AWD, Hitch receiver and SIBL among other things. Have added a retrac cover, mud flaps, window tinting, hood struts, tailgate assist and several interior additions.
Great job on the stripes! The CO is made for black accents!

IMG_0166.jpeg

IMG_0158.jpeg

IMG_0160.jpeg

IMG_0151.jpeg

IMG_0139.jpeg

IMG_0138.jpeg

IMG_0115.jpeg

IMG_0073.jpeg

IMG_0045.jpeg

IMG_1089.jpeg
Thanks for the comments, can I ask how do you like the roll top bed cover?
I went with the hatd tri-fold thinking it might be more durable in the long run.
I also think that the (BAP) black interior looks great, and the pups in cubby tops it off.
I will love the concept.

I would have taken some liberty with the design to suit the Ford Maverick's lines. If you look at the Boss Mustang, it provides some ideas.
  1. The swoop on the side should continue to the hood. I might have found a way to change it from a straight line to a curve to match the wheel opening before going up to the hood.
  2. The windshield base has a curve. I would mimic this curve with the line connecting the side swoop to the hood's center stripe. This tie-in would stop the center stripe short of the end of the hood. And
  3. Lastly, I think I would place the stripe running down the side up higher and wrap it around the back of the truck -- below the taillights, across the tailgate, and connect the left with the right.
The painted tailgate works. I would also place black letters in the 'Maverick' on the tailgate.

Thank you for sharing your fantastic work. You should be very proud of what you created.
Hi, thanks for the comments. I did look at running the stripes across the back of the hood, even following the curve of the back of the hood.
But finely dropped the idea when trying to lay it down with the tape.
You see the problem is because the hood is not flat like on a Mustang.
It has not only different heights but multiple angles in it.
This just didn't look good, standing back and looking at it made the edge of the line look crooked and not straight at all.
The line changed as you looked at it from different angles.
I just finished painting the BOSS MAV just like other day I am thinking about adding some black letters or maybe US Flag letter now.
Take care

Sponsored

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hi, thanks for the comments. I did look at running the stripes across the back of the hood, even following the curve of the back of the hood.
But finely dropped the idea when trying to lay it down with the tape.
You see the problem is because the hood is not flat like on a Mustang.
It has not only different heights but multiple angles in it.
This just didn't look good, standing back and looking at it made the edge of the line look crooked and not straight at all.
The line changed as you looked at it from different angles.
I just finished painting the BOSS MAV just like other day I am thinking about adding some black letters or maybe US Flag letter now.
Take care
Excellent observations! Based on them, you made all of the right decisions. It might be interesting to attempt to duplicate the stripes with vinyl so we can see what it looks like before turning it into paint.

Bottom line: It looks great, and you should be pleased with the outcome.

OP
OP
DavePamh

DavePamh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Excellent observations! Based on them, you made all of the right decisions. It might be interesting to attempt to duplicate the stripes with vinyl so we can see what it looks like before turning it into paint.

Bottom line: It looks great, and you should be pleased with the outcome.
Thank you, I guess I needed the Maverick to focus on.
As I sold my show level 1950 chevy pu a few year's back.
I pulled the inline 6 and installed a 350 in it with p/s, p/b, ac custom interior.
I even learned to do all the body and paint prep workon that one.
Here's a few picks:

Ford Maverick BOSS MAV (Maverick build inspired by BOSS 302 Mustang) DavesTruck1.JPG

Ford Maverick BOSS MAV (Maverick build inspired by BOSS 302 Mustang) DavesTruck2.JPG

Ford Maverick BOSS MAV (Maverick build inspired by BOSS 302 Mustang) DavesTruck3.JPG

Ford Maverick BOSS MAV (Maverick build inspired by BOSS 302 Mustang) MotorFlames2.JPG

Ford Maverick BOSS MAV (Maverick build inspired by BOSS 302 Mustang) 50atshowearlyo7.JPG

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi it is paint, couldn't find vinyl to work, plus paint last much longer.
The "Pink"...
Sand the original paint? Or just "Primered" over?

Jerry

OP
OP
DavePamh

DavePamh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I used Dura-gold scuffing pads (basically Sanding) the factory paint.
If you look after the first few pictures I posted you can see the clear coat looks kind of white from the scuffing I did.
But before I sprayed the black paint I did this.
After I got the truck ready and masked off I first shot clear down, so that any bleeding under the tape. wouldn't show.

Mav23XLT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice!

Wilbur

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Ford F100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is very nice execution, and the tailgate is particularly fine in terms of design.

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My BOSS MAV,
Hi everyone got my cyber orange a Mavrick a month ago.

From the first time I saw the CO color on the Maverick I knew what I had planned for it.
I've even seen a post where someone else had a similar idea.
The truck is not completely done but I figured I show you all where it is so far.
I have added Raptor spray in bed liner, a hard tri-fold fold bed cover, mud flaps, and hood guard already. I laid out the hood stripe side hockey stripes and did a blackout panel on the tailgate too.
Still to come I plan to spell out BOSS and possibly MAV under it at the start of the hockeystick by the hood.
Much like a BOSS 302 Mustang which the paint job pays an homage to.I also planning to mount a couple of Hella 500 driving lights just above the front license plate.
Ok, here goes!

20230718_173619.jpg

20230718_173657.jpg

20230722_124740.jpg

20230722_141601.jpg

20230722_125436.jpg
Looks good. I like the hood guard as possible option for mine. Can you let us know brand, where you got it and perhaps link?

Last edited:

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Mine Weeps.... LOL

ax0bsq.jpg

94t6yB.jpg

w42SNe.jpg

fXSsq2.jpg

AiG4pk.jpg

bUlOOQ.jpg

Thanks for bringing some reality to this post. I had a buddy that had one just like this. One of the sweetest sounding things I have ever heard!
Sponsored