Sponsored

Bluetooth connection FINALLY FIXED with newest software update!!

Stock411

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
in the infotainment menu, I think under settings, you can connect to a wifi network. you need to connect the truck to a wireless network in your home - if the signal is strong enough in your garage or wherever you park - or you can set up a hotspot on your phone. the updates are not that large.

then you go in and check for updates repeatedly. seriously, a lot of people have posted that they connected to wifi, checked for update and nothing. and then they did it again 2-3 more times and viola! there's an update being downloaded.

if you have it connected to a wireless network that it can always see when you're parking, it can update itself. that's the idea. but in reality, most people will need to manually check for updates and do them.
Bruh, I’m glad I seen your post. I literally checked yesterday and it said it was updated. Then today I hit update twice and it popped up..

Ford Maverick Bluetooth connection FINALLY FIXED with newest software update!! 5FBCE544-9AF0-4778-8391-266D42729673
Sponsored

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had another update in the past, earlier this year. My truck is a little over a year old. This update just came down a few weeks ago. I don't have the version number handy but I'd strongly recommend trying an update and see if one shows up.

I will say that the ONLY way I've gotten my truck to see an update is by tethering to my phone wifi (and even then I had to check a couple times). When connected to the wifi at work or home, it didn't see the update. Maybe the connection isn't quite good enough outside.

Either way, if you've done an update before then I'm sure you can get this one to work.
so tried the update, it shows that there is one but it gets stuck at 0% downloading. tried it for a hour. no progress. how fast did yours do it...Also can you check what version the newest update is please..I am showing G1.8.0.1_RC15_R21461a

Last edited:

mcgarveyjb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT W/Lux and spray in
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My phone would always eventually drop the bluetooth connection, forcing me to awkwardly use my speakerphone, if I drove long enough. Sometimes I could watch it disconnect, and then re-pair, while I was driving. I tried fully re-pairing from scratch etc, and this *seemed* to help sometimes but it would never stick.

I installed the newest software update a couple weeks ago and I am happy to report that the bluetooth connection has been bulletproof ever since! I've had exactly zero disconnects and every single time I go to place a phone call it's worked as expected.

Yes, this is pretty much the minimum standard for all vehicles from the past 10 years...but I'm still very happy.
Mine stopped working completely a week or so ago, the usb for android auto no longer works as well :(

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
so tried the update, it shows that there is one but it gets stuck at 0% downloading. tried it for a hour. no progress. how fast did yours do it...Also can you check what version the newest update is please..I am showing G1.8.0.1_RC15_R21461a
When I finally got my update to show, I had the same thing, stuck at 0% for a very long time. I was hooked up to my home wi-fi. So I decided to try it with my phone's hotspot, and it started downloading immediately. It took about 20 minutes or so.

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I finally got my update to show, I had the same thing, stuck at 0% for a very long time. I was hooked up to my home wi-fi. So I decided to try it with my phone's hotspot, and it started downloading immediately. It took about 20 minutes or so.
I was using my phones hotspot too. But tried it again today and it worked.

OP
OP
aspect

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was using my phones hotspot too. But tried it again today and it worked.
Awesome!

Yes mine was around 20min using my phone.

I haven't noticed any actual changes other than the Bluetooth fix and I haven't had any android auto lockups either since the update (although that was more infrequent so it's hard to say if it's fixed). Basically when I would select a navigation destination after searching I had like a 5% chance of it locking up entirely and I'd have to unplug the cable. Hasn't happened since the update.
Sponsored