2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think the chimes would only activate when both the blind spot is occupied AND the turn signal is used. At least that's how it worked in a Hyundai I recently drove.

To me, that sort of chime is 100% welcome and appreciated. In just the right (wrong?) lighting, it can be easy to miss the illuminated light on the mirror.
Correct. That is how it is on my '17 Grand Cherokee. And it is a Jeep not foreign car (ok maybe it is now) like Mercedes, BMW, or Audi, etc.
Sponsored

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The audible warning should be there. It’s not. I suppose it should be able to be turned off, but I have no idea why.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree. My wife’s CX-5 does this. However it can be annoying when you are at an intersection with two left turn lanes, it basically just beeps every 10 seconds until the light turns and you make it through the turn lol
Maverick owners manual says blind spot warning is only active above 6 miles per hour.

EchoPear

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 XLT Hyb/HPR/Lux/360/Bed Rail/Moonroof on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's strange. That was not an issue on the Kia I owned before the Maverick. I always figured the car had to also be moving for the audible tone to go off.
Maverick owners manual says blind spot warning is only active above 6 miles per hour.
I should clarify/de-exaggerate, the CX-5 does it as I am rolling down the double left turn right most lane coming to a stop, and during the turn as well. Not stopped at the light though. Seems like maybe all cars have the same function where only when moving. Still annoying when the double left hand turn lane is hundreds, not tens, of feet long
Sponsored