Sponsored

Stick-on blind spot mirrors recommendations?

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unpopular opinion: Your vehicle doesn't have blind spots, you're just stupid. 😁

Now that I have your attention, hear me out; so save for a few commercial vehicles, most are just adjusting their mirrors wrong. How could literally everyone be doing it wrong? Think about how many people use "literally" wrong, when they really mean "virtually" or "figuratively", lol! That's how, and its so bad that Webster's changed the definition of the word in the dictionary to account for everyone using it wrong (just like manufacturers including blind spot "solutions")!

Be the 1% that adjust their mirrors right, and save money on BLIS technology and little mirror doodads:
Sponsored

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unpopular opinion: Your vehicle doesn't have blind spots, you're just stupid. 😁

Now that I have your attention, hear me out; so save for a few commercial vehicles, most are just adjusting their mirrors wrong. How could literally everyone be doing it wrong? Think about how many people use "literally" wrong, when they really mean "virtually" or "figuratively", lol! That's how, and its so bad that Webster's changed the definition of the word in the dictionary to account for everyone using it wrong (just like manufacturers including blind spot "solutions")!

Be the 1% that adjust their mirrors right, and save money on BLIS technology and little mirror doodads:
That is a good video. I do this - but feel safer with the extended view of an additional physical BSM. Plus I'm a gear head and like useful accessories.

ffoc01

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hyb FE, 2014 Flex
Do you think it's possible to purchase stick on BSM mirrors from Ford so that they fit perfectly on the Maverick side mirrors which have the electronic BSM detection ?
So, the OEM blind spot mirror is molded as one piece, and the BLIS LED goes right where the blind spot mirror is in that pic. I think you could install the factory Blind Spot mirrors on an XL by replacing the glass, but no such luck on something w blind spot radar.

Fortunately, I'm seeing a lot of fairly low profile blind spot mirrors online, that look like they'd blend in about as well as Ford's blind spot mirror.

Ford Maverick Stick-on blind spot mirrors recommendations? 1650423682851

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, the OEM blind spot mirror is molded as one piece, and the BLIS LED goes right where the blind spot mirror is in that pic. I think you could install the factory Blind Spot mirrors on an XL by replacing the glass, but no such luck on something w blind spot radar.

Fortunately, I'm seeing a lot of fairly low profile blind spot mirrors online, that look like they'd blend in about as well as Ford's blind spot mirror.

1650423682851.png
Looks good. Thank You √

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, IDK if you've taken delivery or not, but Mavericks without the blinds spot radar come with blind spot mirrors from the factory. No need to stick anything on.
1648507074116.png
Same as my 2020 Colorado postage stamp sized spot mirrors I added a larger corner one from AutoZone

Sponsored

C from SF

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XL AWD Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thinking about possibly getting some stick-on blind spot mirrors. Any recommendations for ones with truly robust adhesive? Experience with adjustable types (consider or avoid?) versus flat types?
Go on YouTube and search 2RandomScrubbs. They also operate as Refined Truck. They have a video of adding a blind spot mirror to their XL and show what product and where they placed it (upper right/inner corner on driver side). I put them on both sides and then removed the passenger side one - it didn’t add any extra visibility. But I really like the driver side one.

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go on YouTube and search 2RandomScrubbs. They also operate as Refined Truck. They have a video of adding a blind spot mirror to their XL and show what product and where they placed it (upper right/inner corner on driver side). I put them on both sides and then removed the passenger side one - it didn’t add any extra visibility. But I really like the driver side one.
Outstanding ! Thank you very much !
Sponsored