First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife and I was just discussing this. I've ordered the Oxford White and have been trying to figure out which night reflective to put on the back.

Was wondering the white with black letters during the day works. Not sure about the reflective at night on the white. How would that work? Can you see it?
It would look something like this picture when the light hits it. You can also do white reflective letters, which would produce something called "ghosting". Basically the letters are there and aren't very easy to see during the day, but at night when the light hits the letters they "light up". In AZ some State Trooper vehicles are labeled with near vehicle color matched hi-viz vinyl marking so that during the day you might not realize it's a police vehicle at first or second glance, but at night it's very visible when light hits the vehicle. This way the vehicle still meets certain regs as a "marked" vehicle, but isn't obvious to the causal view. I went this route when I had my buddy make vinyl letters for my Maverick and Harley. I want something that isn't in your face during the day, but definitely visible at night. On my CGM Maverick the dark letters I'll have will stand out a bit, which is fine and at night they'll slap you in the face when the light hits it! 😁
Ford Maverick Black & reflective tailgate letters installed on Area 51 Maverick 1635222358757
Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
That ebay user is going to make some money. I paid $99 for my OEM set.

tfer

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes Benz GLK250, Volvo C70
I ordered the carbon fiber ones. Maybe they will still stick if I ever get my truck built!

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had this on my motorcycle helmet and it was great. I’ll probably do matte black on my carbon gray.

Sponsored

botb70

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey

IdahoMaverickMom

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Faye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really dig this, especially on the Area 51! Kind of follows the theme with the Area 51. It looks different in different light. Anyway, super cool! I’ve been convinced to change from carbonized gray to Area 51. I might have to get these now too!
I ordered Area 51 for my XLT so white at night would be great and black lettering in the daytime! I'll be checking it out when my Maverick arrives!

botb70

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey
It would look something like this picture when the light hits it. You can also do white reflective letters, which would produce something called "ghosting". Basically the letters are there and aren't very easy to see during the day, but at night when the light hits the letters they "light up". In AZ some State Trooper vehicles are labeled with near vehicle color matched hi-viz vinyl marking so that during the day you might not realize it's a police vehicle at first or second glance, but at night it's very visible when light hits the vehicle. This way the vehicle still meets certain regs as a "marked" vehicle, but isn't obvious to the causal view. I went this route when I had my buddy make vinyl letters for my Maverick and Harley. I want something that isn't in your face during the day, but definitely visible at night. On my CGM Maverick the dark letters I'll have will stand out a bit, which is fine and at night they'll slap you in the face when the light hits it! 😁
1635222358757.png
I just ordered the white based on your input, thank you.

Mark Rash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice! Looks like reflective black (which I assume is what's in the picture) is sold out for now, but I'll keep an eye on it. I kind of like the factory look for the most part, but the reflective effect is cool!

Sponsored

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like this and was thinking about ordering. Are these legal in Kentucky and Ohio? That is where I do most of my driving and do not want to get pulled over due to this l?
As for KY, I noticed when I moved here 13 years ago, there does not seem to be much enforcement on vehicle add-ons or safety conditions. I have seen many death traps on the road that would be pulled over and towed in any other state. So, don't worry about KY.l

Snoopcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Honda Accord, 70 Mustang Convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice! Looks like reflective black (which I assume is what's in the picture) is sold out for now, but I'll keep an eye on it. I kind of like the factory look for the most part, but the reflective effect is cool!
I just ordered the reflective black so it must be back in stock.
Picking up my truck Thursday.

jcnnjc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST , Alto Blue Maverick awd fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They look great, how were they to install? Any issues with getting them centered correctly?

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am thinking about this on my velocity blue! The black would go excellent with any of the colors (even the school bus yellow!!)
I just ordered the Black Reflective one for my Hybrid Maverick in Velocity Blue.

This picture was from the State Fair of Texas and the Black lettering will make the "M A V E R I C K" stand out in the daytime and matches up well with the black bumper and tailgate latch.

The white at night will be cool looking and an additional safety feature.

Ford Maverick Black & reflective tailgate letters installed on Area 51 Maverick Maverick - Rear View.JPG

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They look great, how were they to install? Any issues with getting them centered correctly?
I did letters like these on my 2000 Mustang bumper back in the day and they aren't hard. I recommend using a spray bottle of soapy water. spray the surface then lay on a letter and you can slide it around to position it then squeegee the water out to adhere it.

Here's a tutorial:

Sponsored