Sponsored

Phoenixxlx

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST
I have a Kuat hitch rack that I also use but wanted the ability to carry 4 big bikes and still use the bed. Have some big gravel races planned for ‘22 and need all the storage.
Coming to ride Barry Roubaix in March??
Sponsored

LDProductions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Ford Escape

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The cross bars were about $500 with a discount code (can provide if people want it), and you can find used Yakima baskets and Frontloaders on Craigslist. Basket was $200 and frontloaders were $100 a piece. Again all of Craigslist.
I've been looking into these too. A discount code would be fabulous if you wanted to share.

DailyMTBRider

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL, 2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking good!
Planning to try the tailgate pads first but something like this is my second option.
Also found this a couple days ago
https://latchitrack.com/collections/preorder-latchit-rack-bike-racks/products/preorder-small-ls100

Looks a great option for the 4.5 bed.
My plan is to use my tailgate pad as well to start. I actually own a latchit rack - it's great for dirving on the road, but I'd highly encourage not using it for serious shuttling (up janky roads) - I busted a few of the clips that went into my tailgate on my tacoma. That being said, the people at latchit are top-notch and help get you up and rolling quickly.

Deleted member 9167

No questions, they look great. I wish they had a T-slot attachment option since they aren't a direct fit for my tonneau cover (X15). And no, I'm not interested in trimming my rails.
So I emailed BillieBars to ask them this question and they responded (almost immediately!) And said they may have something in the world in the future.

Bummer, but they do allow hardware trade-ins if you swap to a different mounting choice. I'm impressed with their customer service for sure.

Sponsored

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
The cross bars were about $500 with a discount code (can provide if people want it), and you can find used Yakima baskets and Frontloaders on Craigslist. Basket was $200 and frontloaders were $100 a piece. Again all of Craigslist.
Man, I wouldn’t mind a discount code. I think I’ll go with this same setup. The trouble for me is that I still don’t have a build date. I’m hoping to have mine by April or May.

I’m making plans of a cross-country trip this summer w/ three bikes in my Mav. Just need the Mav to make that happen. 😂😂😂

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Another question…. Do you happen to have a picture of the bracket on the interior of the bed? If not, no worries. I’d just like to see what the mount actually looks like. I watched the install video for the Tacoma they have up. I’m just curious if it’s the same on the Mav.

Thanks man!

OP
OP
Highlander_42

Highlander_42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Toyota 4Runner SR%, 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Another question…. Do you happen to have a picture of the bracket on the interior of the bed? If not, no worries. I’d just like to see what the mount actually looks like. I watched the install video for the Tacoma they have up. I’m just curious if it’s the same on the Mav.

Thanks man!
The setup depends on whether or not you have the installed sliding cargo holds. I didn’t since I have an XL model so I had to order the universal clips which basically grip the underside lip of the bed. I don’t have a pic right now but it’s the same universal clip that Billie Bars uses on all their installs that don’t have a sliding cargo option. Be sure to chat with them if you are unsure of what you need. They are super responsive.

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
The setup depends on whether or not you have the installed sliding cargo holds. I didn’t since I have an XL model so I had to order the universal clips which basically grip the underside lip of the bed. I don’t have a pic right now but it’s the same universal clip that Billie Bars uses on all their installs that don’t have a sliding cargo option. Be sure to chat with them if you are unsure of what you need. They are super responsive.
Awesome! Thanks man! That answers my question. I’ll have the sliding cargo holds, so I should be good. It looked like those were what the brackets were attached to in the videos. I’ll definitely give them a shout… when I at least get a freakin’ build date for my Mav. 😂

OP
OP
Highlander_42

Highlander_42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Toyota 4Runner SR%, 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Hi all - so I reached out to Billie Bars and they provided me with the discount code: BillieMaverick and is for $35 off a Maverick set. However they have limited it to 20 uses so if you want to use it I suggest you get on it pronto.

Sponsored

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's it like rolling up the tonneau with those bars installed?

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wanted to show folks what I’ve been up to with some bed racks options. Have a bed rack system from Billie Bars, a Truxport tonneau cover, a Yakima LoadWarrior basket and I throw my skis on there as well as two bikes so far. Happy with the system and I can still roll up the Tonneau with a little bit of finagling. Happy to answer questions.

69D9968B-A774-4DD5-AC20-F051C45869CF.jpeg

F640A730-0836-4500-9C14-101025EDD636.jpeg

06D8B111-F314-4C49-9645-4A2C3BDFAC56.jpeg
cactus grey looking good

Skulls Road

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This looks great for road trips with bikes. You can still load up the bed with luggage.

It looks like it has slots on top so you can use flush mount bike racks? It would be awesome to get 2 1up roof racks and slot them in without the need for clamps. I'd probably use security bolts too. Living in the bay area some meth head with a set of hex wrenches could easily steal the bars and whatever is attached to them.

AwdCactusxlt

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 xlt awd ecoboost
Man, I wouldn’t mind a discount code. I think I’ll go with this same setup. The trouble for me is that I still don’t have a build date. I’m hoping to have mine by April or May.

I’m making plans of a cross-country trip this summer w/ three bikes in my Mav. Just need the Mav to make that happen. 😂😂😂
Here's the 3-bike rack I made out of (mainly) 2x6's and some fork mounts.

Ford Maverick BillieBars bed rack installed with photos 20220416_195404

northerncole

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FX4 Tow Package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got a email from BillieBars today to say the new 6.5in riser model is coming out any day. Makes it easier for the Truxedo roll up tonneau. These Billie Bars are built for tanks. Solid.
Sponsored