David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco | 2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think Iconic Silver. It goes well with the door panel accent inserts and doesn't clash with the blue/brown interior
Sponsored

zzbaluba

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know there has been a few very old posts discussing opinions on exterior colors to go along or match the standard Lariat Navy Blue / Desert Brown interior. Sorry for the duplication, but they haven't been updated I a long time. Since the Maverick has been out for 2 full model years, I would bet there are a lot more opinions.

The reason for the new thread is because my order for a MY23 Lariat Hybrid did not get built and I now have a MY24 on order as recommended in the emails from Ford. The issue is, I ordered Alto Blue because I liked the color and also because it was the only color I thought went well with the blue/brown interior. But, for MY24, Ford discontinued offering Alto Blue.

Also, I'm a retired old guy who needs luxury (getting rid of my Lincoln) and I don't need the aggressive look of the BAP or Off-Road packages. The most off-roading I do is parking on the grass sometimes.

So now the dilemma. What color to go with? I currently have a Atlas Blue on my order, but I'm having second thoughts. We saw a Hot Pepper Red the other day and really liked it. Does it go with the Lariat interior? Maybe Carbonized Grey, but there are a lot of Grey and silver trucks/cars out there.

My choices limited, because I don't like the new "flat" colors. They remind me of my dad's old 80's -90's powder blue and green Taurus

I know this is opinion based, but I'm willing to listen.

I have time to change my color, so for now, I'll read your opinions and sit back, chill, and wait for my MY24 Lariat Hybrid to be built.

Thanks
I'm right there with you, buddy. I feel the same way. Frankly, I hate the standard interior of the Lariat. So, I got a '23 Alto Blue XLT. But I don't like its interior either and will probably get after market leather.

Joliet Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JolietMike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own 2023 Lariat Eco...Ordered 2023/24 XLT HYBRID
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know there has been a few very old posts discussing opinions on exterior colors to go along or match the standard Lariat Navy Blue / Desert Brown interior. Sorry for the duplication, but they haven't been updated I a long time. Since the Maverick has been out for 2 full model years, I would bet there are a lot more opinions.

The reason for the new thread is because my order for a MY23 Lariat Hybrid did not get built and I now have a MY24 on order as recommended in the emails from Ford. The issue is, I ordered Alto Blue because I liked the color and also because it was the only color I thought went well with the blue/brown interior. But, for MY24, Ford discontinued offering Alto Blue.

Also, I'm a retired old guy who needs luxury (getting rid of my Lincoln) and I don't need the aggressive look of the BAP or Off-Road packages. The most off-roading I do is parking on the grass sometimes.

So now the dilemma. What color to go with? I currently have a Atlas Blue on my order, but I'm having second thoughts. We saw a Hot Pepper Red the other day and really liked it. Does it go with the Lariat interior? Maybe Carbonized Grey, but there are a lot of Grey and silver trucks/cars out there.

My choices limited, because I don't like the new "flat" colors. They remind me of my dad's old 80's -90's powder blue and green Taurus

I know this is opinion based, but I'm willing to listen.

I have time to change my color, so for now, I'll read your opinions and sit back, chill, and wait for my MY24 Lariat Hybrid to be built.

Thanks
I also have a my23 on order. My local dealer called and said he had a my23 w/desert brown interior. First thought was not good but ventured up there. Loved it. Bought it. Those colors look really great together. It's the most popular thing people say about this truck.

Joliet Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JolietMike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own 2023 Lariat Eco...Ordered 2023/24 XLT HYBRID
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also have a my23 on order. My local dealer called and said he had a my23 w/desert brown interior. First thought was not good but ventured up there. Loved it. Bought it. Those colors look really great together. It's the most popular thing people say about this truck.
Forgot to mention truck is hot pepper red. Duh.

Markii56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the Avalon 12/22/23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have to be honest: I went with an XLT in Hot Pepper Red, because I don't like the looks of the Lariat interior AT ALL. Here in Florida, I don't need the heated seats/ steering wheel/ windshieldand I've found the standard sound system to be WAY better than I ever expected. Besides, paying all that money to sit on vinyl seats? IN FLORIDA?! I thought I'd miss the power seat, but the manual adjuster works perfectly for me. This XLT has turned out to be everything I need and want, and nothing I don't, with maybe one exception: I'm having the truck udercoated, in the hopes of reducing the road noise. It's not terrible, but being an old fart, I do wish it were a bit quieter. But, of course, that's just MY opinion.

OP
OP
DadsLariat

DadsLariat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat Hybrid, 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you to all that replied to this thread. Everyone has and opinion and there was no right or wrong answer. Many like the interior with any of the exterior colors. Others just don't like the Navy/Desert Brown Interior with any exterior color. Ford may knew what they were doing with that combo or maybe not.

I've had many cars in my 70 years (54 years of driving and owning cars). Looking back, most of my cars have been black or white with a few blues thrown in. Sorry to those who like, but no silvers or greys or flat/dull colors for me. Not my wifes or my favorite.

I think I'll go to my dealer this week and change my order (For my MY23 to MY24 rollover) to Hot Pepper Red (from Atlas Blue). I'm going to step out of the box and get something completely different. I was paying extra for Alto Blue, so more for HPR is a wash. Maybe I'll change again, but with Fords track record on getting my Maverick Lariat Hybrid built, I do have time.

Thanks again and i respect all of your opinions.
Sponsored

Last edited: