Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
Escape hybrid is $2500 more
$30,425 for AWD SE Escape
$31,425 for AWD SE Escape Hybrid.
$28,280 for FWD SE Escape.
$29,920 for FWD SE Escape Hybrid
After title and delivery before tax. And incentives
you can’t get an Escape S trim in hybrid. So that’s why your getting the $2500. So apples to apples is $1000-$1500
Sponsored

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am very uninformed when it comes to hybrids. Why should I not get a hybrid? In other words, why is a hybrid not worth the extra expense? My daily commute is 40 miles roundtrip.
I drive much less than you, so for me a hybrid's lower fuel costs won't justify the higher purchase price for years and years.
However, if the base powertrain for a non-hybrid Maverick is a 3-cylinder engine with cylinder deactivation, a turbocharger, and an 8-speed transmission, that's several potential points of failure that a hybrid won't have. Of course, I don't know yet for how long Ford will warranty the hybrid's battery.

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Engine
Undecided
$30,425 for AWD SE Escape
$31,425 for AWD SE Escape Hybrid.
$28,280 for FWD SE Escape.
$29,920 for FWD SE Escape Hybrid
After title and delivery before tax. And incentives
you can’t get an Escape S trim in hybrid. So that’s why your getting the $2500. So apples to apples is $1000-$1500
Also to add, this is MSRP. If there is one thing we can expect from Ford, it that there will be some sort of incentives a year after launch. The question is how much will the incentives take off. If I'm honest, even if the Maverick fit me perfectly and rode exceptionally, I probably wouldn't look to get one until summer 2022. With the Maverick being a mass production vehicle, I'm hoping for some nice incentive like when I got my Escape (brought my 2020 Escape SE down to ~$22k).

With that said on the hybrid topic, I currently have about 90-95 miles round trip and drive on site frequently. I also visit my girlfriend at least once a month, so that's a 300+ miles round trip on those weekends. The gas savings and range would benefit me a lot.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
Also to add, this is MSRP. If there is one thing we can expect from Ford, it that there will be some sort of incentives a year after launch. The question is how much will the incentives take off. If I'm honest, even if the Maverick fit me perfectly and rode exceptionally, I probably wouldn't look to get one until summer 2022. With the Maverick being a mass production vehicle, I'm hoping for some nice incentive like when I got my Escape (brought my 2020 Escape SE down to ~$22k).

With that said on the hybrid topic, I currently have about 90-95 miles round trip and drive on site frequently. I also visit my girlfriend at least once a month, so that's a 300+ miles round trip on those weekends. The gas savings and range would benefit me a lot.
Currently there are ~$500 off on the Gas Escape and $2000 off the hybrid. now that’s it’s in its 2nd full year. So you can bet the Maverick will likely fallow a similar deal. So if your looking the best bang for your buck. Fall 2023.
Sponsored