First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been thinking about using Ford Pass Reward Points to get one. Wondering if they hold water and debris underneath like the old plastic bedliners though.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I've been thinking about using Ford Pass Reward Points to get one. Wondering if they hold water and debris underneath like the old plastic bedliners though.
Per the web site:
" The ¾" thick foam is similar to that used in life jackets and will not absorb water, resisting mold and mildew. Water will simply run off the surface."

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Per the web site:
" The ¾" thick foam is similar to that used in life jackets and will not absorb water, resisting mold and mildew. Water will simply run off the surface."
Yeah I read that. I'm sure nothing will soak through it. I'm wondering about what might get underneath it and be trapped. I had a Ford OEM plastic bedliner in an F150 and it was a mess of dirt, old leaves and miscellaneous crap underneath it. I never really understood how it all got underneath it.

Erniek

First Name
Earnest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GLK350, Ford 1997 F150 4x4, 2019 civic ex
I may just have to get one of those.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Yeah I read that. I'm sure nothing will soak through it. I'm wondering about what might get underneath it and be trapped. I had a Ford OEM plastic bedliner in an F150 and it was a mess of dirt, old leaves and miscellaneous crap underneath it. I never really understood how it all got underneath it.
I had a BedRug in my F150. It got wet. I know this because of the openings in the floor for the tie downs.

But it is Velcro'd in so you can pull it up, rinse it out and but it back in.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the information....I have been watching their site so you scooped the news! I have one in the Ranger and the Mav will be getting one as well!
Does your Ranger have an open bed (no cap)? Does the bedrug hold water in it? How's it look under the bedrug after you go through a carwash? Wondering/worrying about rusting underneath the bedrug.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
is there cutouts to access the tiedowns in the bed floor?

Sponsored

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does your Ranger have an open bed (no cap)? Does the bedrug hold water in it? How's it look under the bedrug after you go through a carwash? Wondering/worrying about rusting underneath the bedrug.
I have a BakFlip tri-folding tonneau so the bed stays dry. I am not collecting anything under the rug as well. I do have the version that covers the bed floor and then up the tailgate so the gap between the tailgate and the bed floor is covered keeping the water out. I also have the drop in bedliner that came with the truck so there is a whole lot of stuff in my bed at the moment.

The bed rug is plastic fiber so it does not soak up/retain water. It is also easy to clean and boxes/groceries do not slide around back there as well.

Yar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux - VB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just ordered one from Realtruck dot com for $165 with the MTC Forum Discount. This will go under my Truxedo Sentry CT hard roll-up tonneau (TRX-1594716) also purchased from RealTruck . Now I just need Ford to deliver my Mav. (y)

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Loved the rug in my F150 but that was the whole liner. This one is floor only
Sponsored