First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima, Tahoe, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just finally got my 2023 Maverick Lariat! So far love it! Am looking to get a bed cover and am curious what other Maverick owners ended up getting?, are they happy with it?, do they wish they got a different type?, etc. Seems to be a wide price range and multiple types - tri-fold, soft roll, etc. I've never had a bed cover on my older trucks, so am looking for other's wisdom.
Thanks!
Sponsored

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FWIW, I got the Ford hard tri-fold. I got it because it makes the bed fairly secure. You can't cut it with a knife to access all the goodies you might have in the bed. You've got to unlock and open the tailgate to get access. I guess you could probably open it with a crowbar, but like they say, locks keep an honest man honest. The bad guy will get in if he really wants to.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FWIW, I got the Ford hard tri-fold. I got it because it makes the bed fairly secure. You can't cut it with a knife to access all the goodies you might have in the bed. You've got to unlock and open the tailgate to get access. I guess you could probably open it with a crowbar, but like they say, locks keep an honest man honest. The bad guy will get in if he really wants to.
I have the same one. It’s secure but leaks on 3 sides and being a smaller, older woman I have a problem latching it at the bEd. It takes all my weight pulling down on it. When my ‘23 arrives in a couple months I will be getting a different one.

Skifletch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have the Ford hard Tri-fold. City boy here so needed something hard to discourage casual theft. As mentioned above if someone came equipped with heavier tools they could pry it open. But where I live it's mostly just door checking and then rummaging for valuables. I chose to go with the Ford option as I was able to roll it into the cost of the vehicle. I stuffed all my cash into bonds, so I preferred that roll-in ability.

I like the cover and may be lucky cause it doesn't seem to have dry-ness (or lack thereof) troubles some complain about. The mounting tracks have a drain hose near the cab which may have something to do with that? Is the bed perfectly dry? No. I wouldn't expect that... It's a truck. I've had experience with the Ford trifolds on friends' F150's. This operates the same. Being a tall guy I have no trouble with it. I will say it seems the build quality might have suffered over my friends' 3-5 year old versions. Decent amount of unfinished edges on it.

My only gripe with it is that you can't really use it simultaneously with bed rails. That's going to be a challenge when I go to do some longer distance camping/hauling with lots of gear. Most bed racks mount on top rails that the Ford Tonneau covers and renders not usable. So if you do want to use bedrails AND a tonneau, make sure you go aftermarket and get a system designed for that. There are more out there than I expected.

bbeverag

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick 2.0 EB Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the rough country hard tri-fold and am satisfied with it. Water can still get in near the tailgate but upon inspection I don't think any tri-fold could prevent that unless it extended past the gate. It was easy enough to install by myself. Only downsides: the third panel does not flip up, so you have to remove it if you need to fill your full bed and it definitely collects dust and dirt easily.

Sponsored

cclark440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought this rollup one.
TIPTOP Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Cover
Fits great, and only took me about 20 minutes to install.
I am pretty happy with it. I think it could be a little tighter. At highway speeds it kinda bulges up right behind the cab.

MiMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Escape, '09 Flex
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The good thing is you have lots of choices. I don't have my Mav yet, but I'm planning on putting on a DiamondBack when I get it. There are some members on here that already have them and have posted pictures. For me the DiamondBack is probably the most secure, most leak resistant, and will last the 12+ years I expect to have the Mav. The down side is that it's expensive and not as flexible in some ways as other options.

Mikerose_11

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just finally got my 2023 Maverick Lariat! So far love it! Am looking to get a bed cover and am curious what other Maverick owners ended up getting?, are they happy with it?, do they wish they got a different type?, etc. Seems to be a wide price range and multiple types - tri-fold, soft roll, etc. I've never had a bed cover on my older trucks, so am looking for other's wisdom.
Thanks!

Mikerose_11

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a gator soft trifold and for me it seems to “balloon” up too much for my taste. Easy to install and remove but just doesn’t seem to be as taut as I would like.

BensNewMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got a Truxedo Truxport soft rollup. I had one for eight years on my 2015 Tacoma and it was still in good shape when I sold the truck -- and my truck lives outside. Of course a soft cover provides minimal theft protection, but at least they don't what's under it unless they take a chance and look.

Sponsored

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Think you should qualify your question with some information about what you expect out of a cover. Security? Flexibility? Ease of temporary installation and removal? Waterproofness (is that a word?)?

That will help others to make a recommendation based on their like experiences.

41Special

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Skis
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The good thing is you have lots of choices. I don't have my Mav yet, but I'm planning on putting on a DiamondBack when I get it. There are some members on here that already have them and have posted pictures. For me the DiamondBack is probably the most secure, most leak resistant, and will last the 12+ years I expect to have the Mav. The down side is that it's expensive and not as flexible in some ways as other options.
I am loving my Diamondback HD. For a working truck it's worth the investment. I never need to worry about my tools disappearing and can strap a skid to the top if need be.

Only downside is getting the front panel adjusted properly. It's a frustrating battle between being able to engage the lock rods and keeping it waterproof since you're fighting the gas springs from the side.

Dano67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Equinox (2023 Hybrid Lariat Lux...some day)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a gator soft trifold and for me it seems to “balloon” up too much for my taste. Easy to install and remove but just doesn’t seem to be as taut as I would like.
I had a Gator soft tri-fold on my 2017 GMC Sierra and it was bone dry and a great cover. I put one on my Maverick and I am also seeing more "ballooning" than I ever did with my GMC. Good cover and good price but I'm with you on this one, don't care for the ballooning.

Mikerose_11

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an aftermarket drop in liner, unsure if that contributes to the issue or not. If u find a remedy please let me know.
Sponsored