First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a hard cover and bed extender on my 2002 Sport Trac. The bed extender when folded forward creates a wall or shallow bed. So when grocery shopping or for just a few bags of something. I threw the stuff in the bed and the extender kept the items from going all the way forward out of reach. The extender depth was short so easy to reach items when unloading. My extender also was easily removed and light enough to hang up. Not sure I will buy an extender. It depends on how flat the rear seat folds down. The Sport Trac was pretty flat.
Sponsored

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not 100% sure since I don't have a Maverick yet but I don't believe you are correct. There shouldn't be any problems with having BOTH in use.

In the snapshot below, the Extender is inside of the tailgate box or frame: NOTE YELLOW CIRCLE

The damper is outside the box and fastens just below the tailgate cable and to the tailgate itself. NOTE RED CIRCLE

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 16.08.16.png
still wondering if there are pre-drilled holes for the latches/ brackets for the bed extender?

TruckVille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue, 4K Tow, Luxury Package, Flux Capacitor
Great video Jeremy! Do more! Good looking truck, makes me glad I ordered Alto Blue.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanted the bed extender but my dealer said I couldn't order it with the tri-fold cover so I deleted it. Will get one after deliver though.

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
still wondering if there are pre-drilled holes for the latches/ brackets for the bed extender?
@pnorwood54
The brackets holes are already there as I understand. The hold down straps click into the tailgate latch. Just click them in and when you want to release just reach under the tailgate and pull the handle as if you were opening the tailgate and they release.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

bwf4

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xlt awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a hard cover and bed extender on my 2002 Sport Trac. The bed extender when folded forward creates a wall or shallow bed. So when grocery shopping or for just a few bags of something. I threw the stuff in the bed and the extender kept the items from going all the way forward out of reach. The extender depth was short so easy to reach items when unloading. My extender also was easily removed and light enough to hang up. Not sure I will buy an extender. It depends on how flat the rear seat folds down. The Sport Trac was pretty flat.
You can find pics on the forum of people folding the rear seat back down....it doesn't fold flat in any useful way. In my opinion you would barely ever have an advantage with the folded forward. Just something to keep in mind.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can find pics on the forum of people folding the rear seat back down....it doesn't fold flat in any useful way. In my opinion you would barely ever have an advantage with the folded forward. Just something to keep in mind.
I agree, but with them leaving the rear of the truck bare and open like they did. I can see why they didn't worry about making the rear seat lay flat. Nonetheless, the bed extender and tonneau cover is a great solution.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why does the website for the BAKFlip MX4 22 Maverick only show "coming soon" and no price?

https://bakindustries.com/product-detail/448324/bakflip-mx4-22-maverick

Where was the cover in this thread purchased from?
price?
I purchased from BakFlip.com, but it looks like they are now out of stock too. I think when several of us noticed they had them in stock we ordered. I would say just continue to monitor them for stock. When they do have them in stock it ships next day via fedex ground. Bak industries is the manufacturer and it would appear that they drop ship for all these web site, like BakFlip, Tonneau Covers World, Real Truck etc.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Update:

Here's how easy the extender is to use and how secure the BakFlip cover secures your bed items. Hope this helps.

I have the Bakflip MX4 cover installed with the Ford Bed Extender and it works great. When the cover is closed, the extender while inside the bed has roughly 2 inches to spare. The height inside the bed with the cover shut is a tight 18 1/2 inches from top of the cover to the base of the bed. The extender is extremely light weight and "installs" with ease. Simply raise to a 45 degree angle where the insert is and it slide right in and out. Hope this helps for anyone looking to maximize their storage/hauling needs.

1 closed cover extender.jpg

2 closed extend.jpg

3 non extend.jpg

4 open.jpg

5 closed inside view.jpg

6 extender mount.jpg

7 extender attachment.jpg
Updated You Tube video on what to look out for when installing your Tonneau Cover.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Updated You Tube video on what to look out for when installing your Tonneau Cover.

Thank you for the update. Once again very helpful. Glad to know the plugs can just be removed to run the drain hose. Also the info on where the unibody comes together added the additional padding there.

Hoagie69

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hoagie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone else that order a Bakflip MX4 recieved an estimated delivery schedule? I have had one on order since 8/31 and the only response I get is...
"There is no ETA at this time per BAK Industries when they will start production. We are hopeful it will be soon."

Just picked up my XTL yesterday and was hoping to have this to install right away
Sponsored