Sponsored

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
As for a subwoofer behind your seats.... I think too many people are figuring if they can physically fit a subwoofer behind the seat, bam ! Its all good. But its really not. Whether the subwoofer itself will fit behind the seat really means nothing to good sound. All subwoofers require a certain, specific amount of cubic footage in air space, to operate properly. Sealed requires less space, but I personally hate sealed enclosures. A strong little 6 1/2" or 8" sub doesn't need a lot of airspace, but Id really have to be inside of a maverick measuring the space available, or even making a cardboard mockup to see exactly how many cubes I had to play with.
Too many guys go at this with a, "that should be close enough" kind of attitude, and in the end, those systems always sound like cr@p. I've been around this block enough times to know, the design and airspace of a subwoofer enclosure are totally critical !
I think I will end up designing and building a subwoofer box which will be totally portable, and will normally sit on the floor behind the front passenger seat (my GF is short, so their will normally be a lot of space there ;) ) But it will be possible to sit it on top of the rear seat for 4 passengers, or even, just throw it under my roll up hard cover in the bed, if I needed space for 5 passengers (but for myself, this will be exceedingly rare)
Building it this way, I can make it exactly the optimum air space for a couple 8"s... or maybe a single 10"...

I am totally confident I can make the stereo system in the Maverick which sounds phenomenal :) Heck, if it were only "as good" as the system in my Prius, it will be awesome. But I've learned a few things about these little compact systems, and now, have found out about some really cool new gear {the Kicker Keys Amps}. I really think I can do it even better this time ;)

Tuner_Obsession

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JDM Fairlady Z TT (300zx), 350z, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As for a subwoofer behind your seats.... I think too many people are figuring if they can physically fit a subwoofer behind the seat, bam ! Its all good. But its really not. Whether the subwoofer itself will fit behind the seat really means nothing to good sound. All subwoofers require a certain, specific amount of cubic footage in air space, to operate properly. Sealed requires less space, but I personally hate sealed enclosures. A strong little 6 1/2" or 8" sub doesn't need a lot of airspace, but Id really have to be inside of a maverick measuring the space available, or even making a cardboard mockup to see exactly how many cubes I had to play with.
Too many guys go at this with a, "that should be close enough" kind of attitude, and in the end, those systems always sound like cr@p. I've been around this block enough times to know, the design and airspace of a subwoofer enclosure are totally critical !
I think I will end up designing and building a subwoofer box which will be totally portable, and will normally sit on the floor behind the front passenger seat (my GF is short, so their will normally be a lot of space there ;) ) But it will be possible to sit it on top of the rear seat for 4 passengers, or even, just throw it under my roll up hard cover in the bed, if I needed space for 5 passengers (but for myself, this will be exceedingly rare)
Building it this way, I can make it exactly the optimum air space for a couple 8"s... or maybe a single 10"...

I am totally confident I can make the stereo system in the Maverick which sounds phenomenal :) Heck, if it were only "as good" as the system in my Prius, it will be awesome. But I've learned a few things about these little compact systems, and now, have found out about some really cool new gear {the Kicker Keys Amps}. I really think I can do it even better this time ;)
Whenever you end up making it I'd love to see a write up about the install and possibly share your schematics for others to use as a template.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I don't understand how the B&O sub works like that, it looks like a crazy small chamber.

Wouldn't the best idea be to fit one that drops in one of the storage places under the back seat? You could even use the fits system to help secure it. Butt massage anyone?

Behind the back seat looks like a good place for the amp, to me.

Personally, I've given up on making cars sound good. It's acoustically a terrible place to listen to music; too many reflective surfaces and too much background noise. Still, I'll be interested to see what people come up with!

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I don't understand how the B&O sub works like that, it looks like a crazy small chamber.

Wouldn't the best idea be to fit one that drops in one of the storage places under the back seat? You could even use the fits system to help secure it. Butt massage anyone?

Behind the back seat looks like a good place for the amp, to me.

Personally, I've given up on making cars sound good. It's acoustically a terrible place to listen to music; too many reflective surfaces and too much background noise. Still, I'll be interested to see what people come up with!
Have you thought about tuning response with a pink noise generator? At least that would allow for changes due to frequency absorption. Definitely not perfect, but a good start.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Butt massage anyone?
Never thought about that as a plus but I like the idea. My F250 had massage seats and I've wanted them ever since I traded it.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you thought about tuning response with a pink noise generator? At least that would allow for changes due to frequency absorption. Definitely not perfect, but a good start.
Even if I got flat frequency response, the typical background noise is not manageable. I'm a musician; if I'm going to listen, I want to sit in front of my studio monitors or sit with my headphones on and really listen, I don't want to be multitasking. I'm sure it'll be good enough for spoken word, which is good enough for me.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even if I got flat frequency response, the typical background noise is not manageable. I'm a musician; if I'm going to listen, I want to sit in front of my studio monitors or sit with my headphones on and really listen, I don't want to be multitasking. I'm sure it'll be good enough for spoken word, which is good enough for me.
When my uncle was a producer they used the crappiest gear they could find to remix the master 16 track and R2R in the thought that if it sounded good on trash then it would sound great on excellent gear and most people had trash. Interesting how times change. I would classify you as an audiophile. Like my 2nd girlfriends dad who in the 80s bought only vinyl and I kid you not it had a laser interferometer (analog) instead of a needle so no wear and he handled everything with white no lint gloves. Music is serious business.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
When my uncle was a producer they used the crappiest gear they could find to remix the master 16 track and R2R in the thought that if it sounded good on trash then it would sound great on excellent gear and most people had trash. Interesting how times change. I would classify you as an audiophile. Like my 2nd girlfriends dad who in the 80s bought only vinyl and I kid you not it had a laser interferometer (analog) instead of a needle so no wear and he handled everything with white no lint gloves. Music is serious business.
Those were the days.
I used to buy a vinyl album, bring it home and listen to it the first time. Then record the second cut and never play the record again. Never wanted to get the pops and clicks. Fast forward and I don't have any vinyl but I have 4 TB of recorded music.

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm a band teacher. So, I get music all day.
I'm a band teacher and my side hustle is contracted live recording. I deal in sound all day and I have the high quality tools to listen to music. When trying to listen in a less than ideal environment, it bugs me. So, I don't. If I'm going to listen, I'm going to do it right. 😁

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm a band teacher. So, I get music all day.

I'm a band teacher and my side hustle is contracted live recording. I deal in sound all day and I have the high quality tools to listen to music. When trying to listen in a less than ideal environment, it bugs me. So, I don't. If I'm going to listen, I'm going to do it right. 😁
I was a saxhorn player, mostly my G&H west German rotary 4 valve. Man I miss tuChristmas in in thanksgiving square (Dallas, TX) each Christmas.

Any suggestions on learning bagpipes or is it still the default Hal Leonard books and a practice chanter? Note I can also play sax and clarinet (not much difference other than key between the two) cello and fake a decent guitar

man auto complete screwed me tuna Christmas’s jello over cello? Come on sperling at least try.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Adding these two new pics posted yesterday.

2022 Maverick behind seats audio wiring amp 1.jpg

2022 Maverick behind seats audio wiring amp.jpg
I ‘d be worried about frequency interference and induction with the speakers and cabling, any intentions to insert a faraday shield behind it?

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was a saxhorn player, mostly my G&H west German rotary 4 valve. Man I miss tuChristmas in in thanksgiving square (Dallas, TX) each Christmas.

Any suggestions on learning bagpipes or is it still the default Hal Leonard books and a practice chanter? Note I can also play sax and clarinet (not much difference other than key between the two) cello and fake a decent guitar

man auto complete screwed me tuna Christmas’s jello over cello? Come on sperling at least try.
I've never seen a bagpipe Hal Leonard book... If you're serious about that, find someone to give you some private lessons. A lot has changed with online learning, but for the most part, learning an instrument is the same. In person, 1-1 is the best and it's gonna take some time. That's one of the beautiful things about it.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

All of the speakers in the B&O system are amplified with the amplifier you see in the picture. The headunit with this model is just the source and sends the amplifier the low input signal.
Is the head unit the same regardless if it's B&O or not?

My M5 has the Bowers & Wilkins what a difference it makes over the stock system. I'd be curious if the ford system is that much better.
Sponsored