Sponsored

Auto Dim Rearview Mirror w/ HomeLink built-in?

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like to install a rearview mirror that has HomeLink built-in and if there is already wiring to the rearview mirror in a Lariet / Lux it would be easy enough to just swap out the parts.

I'm handy with tools but pulling the headliner down and splicing into the existing wiring is more than I would care to be involved with, so I'm asking if my truck is going to come with an auto-dim mirror (and thus, wiring)?
Sponsored

Last edited:

thosw

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like to install a rearview mirror that has HomeLink built-in and if there is already wiring to the rearview mirror in a Lariet / Lux it would be easy enough to just swap out the parts.

I'm handy with tools but pulling the headliner down and splicing into the existing wiring is more than I would care to be involved with, so I'm asking if my truck is going to come with an auto-dim mirror (and, thus wiring)?
Nope.👎

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ya, consider that a miss on the Lux package for the Lariat trim.

Strobe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2013 BMW M3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I added a frameless auto dim home link mirror to my 2016 Miata that had no wiring. Came with a cable cover for the windshield and I ran the wire across the headliner gap and down the pillar to the fuse box. Worked perfectly and looked 100% factory besides the add a fuse in the box under the kick panel.

I intend to do something similar to my Lariat Lux. The mirror I bought was a CX-5 upgrade kit so it was designed for another Mazda product. Wonder if there is something similar for another Ford I could buy and retrofit to my Maverick.

OP
OP
raymaines

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wonder if there is something similar for another Ford I could buy and retrofit to my Maverick.
eBay has lots of used Ford Homelink mirrors (some with a built-in compass, if that matters) and I'm guessing a careful shopper could find a good one and make it work. Thanks for the response.

Sponsored

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I suggest Master Tailgaters for this. Plenty of options and top notch customer service.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I'm handy with tools but pulling the headliner down and splicing into the existing wiring is more than I would care to be involved with, so I'm asking if my truck is going to come with an auto-dim mirror (and thus, wiring)?
The sunvisors are illuminated so they have wiring going to them. Maybe the Bronco Sport visors will fit the Maverick. Then you'll just have to deal with the color mismatch.

sophiam

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sophia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Lots of talk about Homelink mirrors, and one that's a great deal, on this thread btw. I ordered one and I'm hoping someone will provide a how-to video on installation.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/cheap-auto-dimming-homelink-mirror.8346/

Wawesson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat FX Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Wawesson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat FX Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Kia order was cancelled. Bought a gntx-453 mirror off Ebay for $50. Same mirror as others have installed. Lots available used off Kias. Be sure and get one with the wire connector. Many for sale do not include the wires. Models without sunroof are easier to install. I have a sunroof so waiting to see if someone else posts himts on installing it. Harder to remove sunroof bezel.
Sponsored