Area 51 feedback request

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Area51 is much more of a darker blue/slate gray to me in most lighting scenarios. Occasionally it looks like a lighter blue but when I've seen the color in direct sunlight in person it has never looked powder blue like it does in some photos. I hate the color blue actually but Area51 is not bad at all.
Sponsored

pjlawton

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition Lariat
My Area 51 looks really Blue in the sunlight but can look more of a darker blue/gray in the shade or on a cloudy day. Doesn't matter to me, I like the color. Catcus Gray would have been my 2nd choice. This is after I had the front windows tinted to match the back.

Ford Maverick Area 51 feedback request 20220206_110343

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
So I just picked mine up last night. It is an amazing color in person for sure. Honestly, if you are on the fence, just go and find a Bronco or Bronco Sport on the lot to see it. One thing folks aren't really mentioning is that it is a non-metallic(flat) color. It has a real retro classic Bronco/FJ Cruiser feel to it. It makes me want to try some off-white accents with it like the Bronco Sport uses in the back.

Ford Maverick Area 51 feedback request photo

Tony_The_Wiseguy

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Area 51
Love my Area 51. Get nothing but compliments from everyone who sees it. Also better differentiates it from the other models.

OP
OP

HS DAN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux - received 10/28/2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got my Area 51 Hybrid Lariat Maverick 10/28, and I can say the color is spectacular. It does tend to look a bit more bluish in direct sun, but not at all what I've seen on pics on this site. I'm sure cellphones don't capture the color accurately.

Sponsored

Aerohead

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aerohead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37S, XLR, 74 G10, 2019 Connect Cargo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™ve had an 39k MSRP A-51 Lariat on order since last year (Iā€™m in for the long-haul with all options) and ran across this Area 51 Lariat just three blocks from where I live. Beautiful color, but just tortures me every time I drive by it not knowing if and/or when Iā€™ll ever get mine. By the way, the owner paid 7k over MSRP bought off the lot.

Ford Maverick Area 51 feedback request 8F5A2F80-5669-4A13-9DEF-F3E45BA808D5

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've ordered a Maverick Hybrid Lariat, in Area 51, but I'm questioning my color choice. Please comment if you have one in this color.
I've seen many pics, showing this color in various lighting conditions, and it seems too blue in some pics.
In particular, when it is in artificial light, it definitely looks more blue, and not as appealing IMHO.
Of course, in natural light, it looks better, in particular, when it's in cloudy or overcast light.
One video also stated that it is not metallic, and therefore shows scratches more than if metallic.
Any comments, pro or con, would be appreciated.
There are only two types of people that have ordered or taken delivery of a Maverick, ones that have White and ones that wish they had......

LOL.... :) :cool:

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Love my Area 51. Get nothing but compliments from everyone who sees it. Also better differentiates it from the other models.
Looking forward to mine. Kinda wanted a teal but the A51 was close and is growing on me.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 Ranger, ā€˜22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking forward to mine. Kinda wanted a teal but the A51 was close and is growing on me.
After having mine for six monthe, Iā€™m thinking itā€™s a teal-gray, but itā€™s hard to pin down with all the variance under different lighting.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

After having mine for six monthe, Iā€™m thinking itā€™s a teal-gray, but itā€™s hard to pin down with all the variance under different lighting.
I like that part.
Sponsored