First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick XLT white
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw this displayed at the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg today. The rep said they're also working on a fiberglass cap and to keep an eye out "in the next few months" 🤫😎

Ford Maverick ARE Bed Cap for Maverick (First Look Pics) ARE Bed Cap Ford Maverick 1

Ford Maverick ARE Bed Cap for Maverick (First Look Pics) ARE Bed Cap Ford Maverick 5

Ford Maverick ARE Bed Cap for Maverick (First Look Pics) ARE Bed Cap Ford Maverick 2

Ford Maverick ARE Bed Cap for Maverick (First Look Pics) ARE Bed Cap Ford Maverick 3
Sponsored

Deeunicorn

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang
ohh I love it!

LineNoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
I get they did what they had to do to make it functional and maximize space.

But it goes above the roof line and there's clearly a gap between the cap and back glass. Where is all that water going? That would be frozen nasty mess during the winter wherever it snows and I want no part of that.

ebxltfwd

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost XLT Carbonized Gray
I get they did what they had to do to make it functional and maximize space.

But it goes above the roof line and there's clearly a gap between the cap and back glass. Where is all that water going? That would be frozen nasty mess during the winter wherever it snows and I want no part of that.
That’s a great question. In a regular truck this isn’t an issue, but on a unibody that could be a huge problem.

Sponsored

LineNoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
That’s a great question. In a regular truck this isn’t an issue, but on a unibody that could be a huge problem.
This is a definite situation of WHEN not IF.

That gap is so big I'd be worried about it building up with snow and shattering the glass after a few freeze/thaw cycles.

I really wish we had better pictures. I'd like to see how it was addressed by A.R.E. I always thought they were the benchmark, until I saw this fucking nonsense.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's a contractor cap. Contractors want function over form. I'm sure the consumer caps will be much more aesthetically pleasing

OP
OP
B_kiz

B_kiz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick XLT white
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is a definite situation of WHEN not IF.

That gap is so big I'd be worried about it building up with snow and shattering the glass after a few freeze/thaw cycles.

I really wish we had better pictures. I'd like to see how it was addressed by A.R.E. I always thought they were the benchmark, until I saw this fucking nonsense.
I definitely noticed that gap.. I wish I would have taken a closer picture of it.. 🤦

If anyone is close to Harrisburg it should be there until the end of next weekend!

LineNoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
It's a contractor cap. Contractors want function over form. I'm sure the consumer caps will be much more aesthetically pleasing
Correct.

Leaking water and collecting snow is not funtional. No fleet manager with half a brain would be buying this cap.

Hopefully they just threw something on that would fit to meet a deadline for this tradeshow.

Sponsored

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is how it should be designed.

1644275674086.png
that's a consumer cap. The first cap is contractor, hence the door/window solutions. They need wide swing doors so a design like this is impossible

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs