Sponsored

Anyone Regret not Getting the Bronco Sport ?

stevhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My father in law, who is a mechanic at a Ford dealership, says to avoid anything with the 1.5L like the plague.
And why is that?

I remember the 2 Ford mechanics who criticized my decision to buy a new Bronco II in 1988. Ten years and 230,000 miles later (with few problems - oem brake rotors were junk) I traded it in on a pos 1998 GMC Safari van.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nah, never had any interest in it. The "real" bronco is neat, but I have no need for a thirsty SUV with limited utility. I'm trying to move from my Tacoma to a kinder, gentler, more efficient truck that's great for road trips and my wife will be comfortable driving. The Hybrid Maverick fits that need to a T.​

nick112288

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And why is that?

I remember the 2 Ford mechanics who criticized my decision to buy a new Bronco II in 1988. Ten years and 230,000 miles later (with few problems - oem brake rotors were junk) I traded it in on a pos 1998 GMC Safari van.
I didn't ask because I have no interest in one.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I debated back and forth. I have body on frame trucks and the Mav was basically to have a car like vehicle with better fuel economy and more suited for dd stuff like groceries, kids etc

Side swing tailgate would make it more functional for me. As is kids canā€™t grab their stuff from bed without help. Plus the Bronco Sport storage area is more secure.

this thing feels like a car with a bed which I guess is what I signed up for.
Way too small for my needs.

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We have one (Badlands) and Wifey always says ā€œā€¦I would still be driving the Jetta if the Maverick would have been released firstā€¦ā€

Sponsored

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope, was going to buy a Bronco Sport Badlands but me and the wife thought we needed a bed more then a true 4wd system.

So we got a Maverick Lariat awd 2.0, all packages plus moonroof and full size spare. The nice thing about it is we got 4% under invoice price so we paid a good but less then what a Bronco Sport Badlands or Maverick at MSRP would have been.

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350ā€™s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Realistically the hybrid Mav is a car. The AWD EB with 4K has some truck credentials. Love the trucklet , just thinking a small SUV would have fit my needs better

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
Fair comparison between a Bronco Sport Badlands and Maverick FX4. I guess it comes down to how much you want/need a bed in the back. Hard to imagine people are cross shopping a hybrid Mav and any kind of Bronco.

F1PRB22GA

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Realistically the hybrid Mav is a car, just thinking a small SUV would have fit my needs better
Car vs Suv, seems like a no brainer, at least in your mind :rolleyes:

Just wondering if you have ever considered the Santa Cruz as a possible option ?

Last edited:

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had a day 2 - Bronco reservation- Gave up after a year when seeing the 4 dr in person, too big for us as a daily driver- I like the BS buts it just too small.

Sponsored

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew Sport XLT
Engine
Undecided
So I debated back and forth. I have body on frame trucks and the Mav was basically to have a car like vehicle with better fuel economy and more suited for dd stuff like groceries, kids etc

Side swing tailgate would make it more functional for me. As is kids canā€™t grab their stuff from bed without help. Plus the Bronco Sport storage area is more secure.

this thing feels like a car with a bed which I guess is what I signed up for.
I currently have a 2019 Ranger, installed the bakflip for the bed, makes for a nice trunk.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 Ranger, ā€˜22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there a hybrid?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not at all. Didn't even look at one.
same here. I have a low mileage 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee purchased new, so no need at all for a CUV with less of everything the GC has.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought one of each.

2021 Bronco Sport Badlands (2.0L EB)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux

Both are nice. I don't get to drive the Bronco Sport as much as I want as my son seems to have commandeered it. That's ok, because I'm digging getting 41 MPG average in the Hybrid, and also have a 2015 F-150 when I need a "real" truck. (For example today I filled it up with firewood.) Note: I had no desire to get anything other than the Badlands edition.

One thing that drives me crazy. Both the Badlands and Maverick have similar interior front layouts, and both have keyless ignition (push button start), but the frickin button is in different places.
Sponsored