First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Funny because I've used spares at least a half dozen times and maybe more, most recently about 3 months ago. I make a point of checking that it's good and carry a better lug wrench than comes with the car. I also carry a plug kit and a compact 12 v compressor. I seem to clip a curb and blow out a sidewall about every 4-5 years.
Argh! Stop doing that!
Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the "full-size" spare and I'll be leaving it where it sits. In a state like Arizona, once you get off the main highways you could be waiting quite a while for roadside assistance. Assuming you could get a signal to call them.

I realize I could put it back when I was planning on going somewhere inconvenient -- if I knew where I was going ahead of time and remembered to do it -- but that's a bit too much trouble for me. How much difference is it going to make in the mileage, anyway?
Yes, off the main road, sketchy cell signal, plus add in the factor of summer heat, even waiting 15-20 minutes can be devastating to ones health!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, that was what I was saying. What I'm not sure of as I haven't seen a Maverick yet, is if it has the crank hole in the back to lower the tire. I am pretty sure it does, but not 100% sure.
The crank hole (sounds like something I'd say to a person! Like, Shut your crank hole!! 🤣) is that hole between the bumper and the tailgate.
Ford Maverick Anyone planning to remove their spare ? Alto Blue 8-25 (22)
Sponsored