Sponsored

Anyone else "in production" for over a month?

JustAnotherLurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Been lurking on this forum for a while. This isn't meant to be a complaint, and I'm fortunate enough to not have any urgency, but I'm curious how long it's been taking to build everyone's truck. I haven't called Ford or the dealer because I'm in no hurry and I'm sure it'll be finished when it's finished, but I'm just wondering what the average turnaround has been.

On June 28th, I ordered a Hybrid Lariat Area 51 First Edition with no extras outside of all the included packages. I made no changes from the day I ordered. It went into production on the online tracker on December 20th, and I received a VIN and a window sticker. On January 5th, the tracker changed to say it went in production on Jan 5 (also rec'd an email saying production date changed). From that point forward it's been crickets. Still just shows as in production since January 5.

Anyone else waiting a while to finish building? How long did it take to go from "in production" to "built" for yours?
Sponsored

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the exact same timeline as you. Ordered 6-28, scheduled for 12-20, moved to 1-3, in production date 1-5. Only difference is I am a hybrid xlt. Still says in production, although my dealer says it shows as being produced on his end, and estimated delivery of 2-9 to 2-20

FE Hyb. 710

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Been lurking on this forum for a while. This isn't meant to be a complaint, and I'm fortunate enough to not have any urgency, but I'm curious how long it's been taking to build everyone's truck. I haven't called Ford or the dealer because I'm in no hurry and I'm sure it'll be finished when it's finished, but I'm just wondering what the average turnaround has been.

On June 28th, I ordered a Hybrid Lariat Area 51 First Edition with no extras outside of all the included packages. I made no changes from the day I ordered. It went into production on the online tracker on December 20th, and I received a VIN and a window sticker. On January 5th, the tracker changed to say it went in production on Jan 5 (also rec'd an email saying production date changed). From that point forward it's been crickets. Still just shows as in production since January 5.

Anyone else waiting a while to finish building? How long did it take to go from "in production" to "built" for yours?
I ordered a FE Hybrid on 7/10. Last I heard from Ford was that it was in production as of 1/20/22. Then yesterday, I received an email from my dealer who advised me that it is due to arrive at the dealership between 2/22 & 2/28/22. So this tells me that Ford is not keeping up with informing customers of when the vehicle is built. Maybe your Mav is already built and soon your dealer will contact you? I would advise you to call your dealer and see if they know any current information. With that said, this system is absolutely insane so they may not know either. Good luck!

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ask your salesperson for your truck's status on the vehicle visibility report. This seems to give more detail than the tracker. I believe it is updated weekly.

Mine was stuck in "in production" for a month. I learned from the VVR that the time was spent sitting in the offsite body shop for SIBL. The truck just returned to the plant and my expected delivery date was adjusted in the online order tracker. At this point my truck is built w/ bedliner and I'm hoping this latest ETA is accurate.

Last edited:

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like @bentley72, mine has been "In Production" since early January, but my dealer showed me that his internal "vehicle history" screen shows the status as "Produced" and a delivery window of 1/28/22 to 2/3/22.

I've come to think that the Ford tracker just doesn't get updated the way the dealer's systems do. So I don't pay much attention to the tracker anymore. From what I've seen of others reporting their experiences, I expect mine to show up on or before 2/3/22. But I've been disappointed before...

Sponsored

cjholmes

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Equinox
I am in the same boat as you all. My XLT Hybrid Lux with SIBL and moonroof was order on 07/17, confirmed 7/25, scheduled 12/20, pushed back to 01/10 and been “in production”. Original ETD was 02/20, then push back this past week to 05/21. I am really hoping that’s dates moves back up. I see posted other people with similar detail with June 2021 orders are just now being scheduled for production in mid-march and April so who knows.

nelsont

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
mine has been in production since 1/14. delivery got bumped out to 3/13 from 2/13.

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only FORD knows, I keep getting pushed week by week on June order. When will it be built and delivered?

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine went "In Production" on October 26, "Built" on December 1, "Shipped" on December 2, and I took delivery on December 30. So a little over a month in production, and about another month to receive it after it was built.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Almost exactly a month for me, depending on how you count it.

My truck was "In Production - Body Shop" on 1/8/22 and "In Production - Produced" on 1/11/22.

I just got the email saying it was "Built" as of today - 2/11/22.

I don't know exactly what it did wrong, but it spend 30 days in Maverick jail.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JustAnotherLurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Thanks for all your replies. Seems like everyone's situation is a little different, and even the folks who've seen their VVR report aren't sure exactly why.

To close the loop with some good news, I finally got my "built" email today. In total, it was in production for exactly two months from the first "in production" email (12/20/21 - 2/20/22).

Officially, I guess you'd say it was in production for 46 days, since the "in production" date was changed to 1/5/22.

Expected delivery is now 3/7-3/13. I've read a handful of threads with folks sitting in "built" status purgatory as well, but for now I'm cautiously optimistic. Fingers crossed.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I always believed that they start at one end of the production line and by the time it gets to the other end its done 🤔
Sponsored