Sponsored

Anyone Else Getting Looks Wherever They Go?

pgstick02

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2006 Mazda MX5, 1973 Super Beetle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have my Maverick yet but I am used to those kind of situations with the beetle cause it seems to be a magnet for the "I had one of those or knew someone that had one stories."
Sponsored

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am that creepy stalker guy you see in your rearview blinking his lights, honking his horn, waving his arms madly.....

Don't worry. I am actually friendly. I just look completely insane.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you've been around here longer than I have; I seem to remember seeing your photo about the first time I got on here. My order got fouled up for a number of reasons so I'm still waiting too. Lariat/360/AWD/4k HPR
Been here since June - ordered first week of Augustā€¦nothing. Still have not even driven one lol.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know this is a silly question but does anyone else constantly gets looks wherever they go in their Maverick? I have an Area 51 Lariat so it sticks out pretty well. Also, mine is the only Maverick that's actively driven in my town. As a result, literally every time when I go somewhere and park it I catch somebody or a couple of people gawking at it when they pass by or approach their own car. I even had an older lady today who I saw photographing it as I approached it and was just enamored with it. She even pulled over and asked if she could sit in it because she and her husband have been searching for one and have yet to even see one for themselves. Once she sat in the driver's seat she said, "This is exactly what we've been looking for." The driving position is perfect for her, and for me for that matter. It has great visibility with big side windows and an expansive windshield. But in regards to the subject, is anyone else experiencing this? I'm sure there is since it's such an uncommon vehicle right now. I would love to know down below.
No. Because i dont have my truck yet šŸ˜¤ jkjk. I am indeed one of the people looking at every maverick i pass though. Theory confirmed

2022MAVERICKAWDCT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK XLT AWD FX4 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™ve been eagerly watching for this since I got my Mav last week. Alas, in Atlanta, no one cares. Havenā€™t noticed a single person ā€œsurprisedā€œ to see a Mav and no one at any store or building has ever asked me about it.
I feel your pain....All I get is people riding my @ss and cutting me off.....Intimidation stuff...Lots of "Maverick Haters" here in Connecticut and nearby NY!

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Nope, and that's the way we like it. One more reason that an Oxford White Mav is the best Mav.

bomberxl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL, Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel your pain....All I get is people riding my @ss and cutting me off.....Intimidation stuff...Lots of "Maverick Haters" here in Connecticut and nearby NY!
Actually Iā€™ve noticed this too. Coming from driving larger trucks I never experienced this, nor have I while driving a Honda Fit or our Pacifica. I donā€™t drive any different in any of them.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nah, that's just NY and CT in general. Y'all have issues. Don't bring that 'tude down south when you come visit. ;) :cool:

2022MAVERICKAWDCT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nah, that's just NY and CT in general. Y'all have issues. Don't bring that 'tude down south when you come visit. ;) :cool:
No way will I bring the 'tude!...I'm trying to get away from it! A few more years and I can escape "'tudeville" :ROFLMAO:

2022MAVERICKAWDCT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually Iā€™ve noticed this too. Coming from driving larger trucks I never experienced this, nor have I while driving a Honda Fit or our Pacifica. I donā€™t drive any different in any of them.
Thanks for that...It's good to know I'm not the only one out there....(y)

Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No way will I bring the 'tude!...I'm trying to get away from it! A few more years and I can escape "'tudeville" :ROFLMAO:
We left upstate NY (near Rochester) in 2012. Got tired of the winters and high taxes. Coming back home to FL was the best thing ever. Welcome to Freedom!

2022MAVERICKAWDCT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We left upstate NY (near Rochester) in 2012. Got tired of the winters and high taxes. Coming back home to FL was the best thing ever. Welcome to Freedom!
Yes...I am itching to get out of the "TaxU2Death"State in the very near future

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All the time. And always by someone older than the demographics Ford wants to reach.

THEY ARE REACHING THE MARKET THEY WANT TO REACH!!! ...and a whole lot more. Who wants to be associated with a car that is marketed as a car for octogenarians

LILā€™ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know I stared hard at a guys Cactus Gray XLT. Donā€™t think he noticed. Iā€™m invisible in my Priusā€¦
Oh that was you lol!!! Hahaha this happens everyday!

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes...I am itching to get out of the "TaxU2Death"State in the very near future
If you move to FL, let me save you a lot of time and trouble by saying this: There is no reason whatsoever to move to this state unless you can live 10 minutes (driving) or less to the beach, or you live directly lakefront. Otherwise, you will die here. The heat is brutal the further inland you go.
Sponsored