Sponsored

Any other 2.0 orders hoping the power is enough?

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same boat here. The corners is where it’s at. Suspension, brakes, wheel/tires should be chosen accordingly. As far as the lift issue, I’d like to see someone pull off a functional spoiler designed into a smooth tonneau cover. It may be close to 40k by the time I’m done, but an ST Maverick would be a good goal.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. I've owned a g37x and q40, along with a challenger (AWD GT) and Focus ST. All of those cars were similar in terms of power to weight and handling. I got my Ranger late 2019 and it handles like a truck but have plenty of power to make it fun. I expect the maverick will have better handling, and is slightly better power to weight in stock form.

I couldn't quite pull the trigger on the ford performance tune for the Ranger, but if one comes for the Maverick I will much more likely pick it up.
Sponsored

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought this truck was designed and marketed to transition young people with no money who drive a Honda w/250K miles into an economical compact truck that doesn’t get 10mpg. Now we’re talking about +300hp being barely adequate, road race suspension, Brembo brakes and even aero modifications to reduce rear end lift at high speeds. Am I missing something here?

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I thought this truck was designed and marketed to transition young people with no money who drive a Honda w/250K miles into an economical compact truck that doesn’t get 10mpg. Now we’re talking about +300hp being barely adequate, road race suspension, Brembo brakes and even aero modifications to reduce rear end lift at high speeds. Am I missing something here?
Millennials

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Millennials
Don't be roping me into this, but I say Gen Z. Haha!

I would take a factory ST or RS trim level, but wouldn't go out and create one, but to each their own.

Some of us Millennial's aren't broke nor in debt nor had anything handed to us. Lol.

Abox5

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Explorer Sport Trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Ranger has the 2.3L turbo and is a heavier truck. It will leave most other V6 mid size trucks for dead from a stop light. I expect a little drop off in acceleration, but I think it will still be a quick truck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mav

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Yes

tebowed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 2.0T
I think It'll be quick, loaded and unloaded. Can't wait to see the aftermarket for this. I feel like there will be a lot of lowered minitrucks at the dragstrip like there used to be.

Barefootdan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y
Since we’re on topic of power. I wonder how the rear diff will handle the distribution. I bet there will be a way to take the bronco sport badlands dual clutch unit and retrofit it here

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I could have fun in the 1972 Maverick Grabber with the 250 ci straight six (105hp). You will be surprized by what the new one can do. I drove and Escape with the 2.0t and it was VERY quick, it had AWD and the TC never cut in due to the AWD activating when giving it some beans.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJC
Sponsored

Iceman27

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorento
I read the expectations is for 2.0l EB to go from 0 to 60 in about 6seconds

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since we’re on topic of power. I wonder how the rear diff will handle the distribution. I bet there will be a way to take the bronco sport badlands dual clutch unit and retrofit it here
If the Maverick AWD would have had the dual clutch, I would not have switched my order to the hybrid. There are just too many compromises for me to lay out $4K for the AWD setup with tow package.

H0pelessOpus

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat - 2022 Explorer Timberline
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Mav I've driven a Bronco Sport Badlands with the same powertrain, plenty of power even at altitude. It's not 'fast' per se but is more than adequate. Similar curb weight as well.

Reactions: Mav
OP
OP
Mav

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
@Mav I've driven a Bronco Sport Badlands with the same powertrain, plenty of power even at altitude. It's not 'fast' per se but is more than adequate. Similar curb weight as well.
Thanks. I’m not expecting a lot. Just some potential.
Sponsored