First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got my window sticker today, and I noticed the roughly $1,000 price increase on my base XLT hybrid. I ordered on October 5th, and haven’t made any changes to my order over the summer. Should I ask my dealer to honor the original MSRP we agreed to, or do I eat the additional cost? Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks!
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As I understand it, you are covered with Fords price protection. The window sticker is showing the current pricing because of the price increases. When you sit down to purchase the vehicle, the dealer should make a selection referencing purchase date in the Smart Vincent system so your original agreed pricing will be honored. There are lost of post about this, search price protection on the forum, tons of info about it

OP
OP
Pacman

Pacman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I understand it, you are covered with Fords price protection. The window sticker is showing the current pricing because of the price increases. When you sit down to purchase the vehicle, the dealer should make a selection referencing purchase date in the Smart Vincent system so your original agreed pricing will be honored. There are lost of post about this, search price protection on the forum, tons of info about it
Thanks for the info--just did a little searching. We'll see.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, you should be able to get price protection for original MSRP. You will have to ask your dealer about this (some try to resist, some will give it to you without you asking).

The Smart Vincent process mentioned is for "incentive protection", not price protection. You'll want them to check for original incentives as well. You can probably get low financing rates.

xiaowei

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Xiaowei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, you should be able to get price protection for original MSRP. You will have to ask your dealer about this (some try to resist, some will give it to you without you asking).

The Smart Vincent process mentioned is for "incentive protection", not price protection. You'll want them to check for original incentives as well. You can probably get low financing rates.
Low financing rates as the rate of October, 2021 ?

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think so. The rates offered to vary depending on market/region, so I can't guess your exact details. But yes, I do expect that you'll have protected low financing rates from Oct 2021.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are a few dealers around that are offering MSRP, but they are getting harder and harder to find. Hixson Ford in Alexandria, LA does MSRP on all there vehicles.

xiaowei

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Xiaowei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think so. The rates offered to vary depending on market/region, so I can't guess your exact details. But yes, I do expect that you'll have protected low financing rates from Oct 2021.
Thank you for the information, I live in MD and I am hoping that I can get the last year's rate :)

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for the information, I live in MD and I am hoping that I can get the last year's rate :)
If you have a VIN, you can message me with your VIN and Zip and I can check what your protected rates are.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The rates at the time were 0% for 36, 0.9% for 48, 1.9% for 60, 3.9% for 72

Can't get those rates anywhere anymore.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pacman

Pacman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@KevCuRaoi Thanks so much for the explanation—that info was exactly what I needed. So far my dealership, Parks Ford of Hendersonville, NC, has been good to work with, but understanding how things are supposed to be before I sign the paperwork is very helpful.

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have some questions that I don't see referenced above:

1. Did you sign a purchase contract laying out all of the fees and pricing? If not, and if Ford increased the price to cover higher costs, you're probably out of luck. If the extra $1K came from Ford, that is likely now the new MSRP. Do you have a copy signed by the dealer?

2. Did you arrange financing with Ford Credit or with a bank and did you sign a loan agreement? If it was all verbal based on then-current rates, it may prove difficult to get them to honor those rates now.

Anything verbal is not really relevant if the dealer wants to be sticky about it.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The rates at the time were 0% for 36, 0.9% for 48, 1.9% for 60, 3.9% for 72

Can't get those rates anywhere anymore.
I just got the price protection AND 3.9% for 72 months. But then I got a good dealer. (Van Bortel Ford in East Rochester)

OP
OP
Pacman

Pacman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got the price protection AND 3.9% for 72 months. But then I got a good dealer. (Van Bortel Ford in East Rochester)
Outstanding! That’s exactly what I’ll aim for. Good credit and putting a chunk down should help.

OP
OP
Pacman

Pacman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have some questions that I don't see referenced above:

1. Did you sign a purchase contract laying out all of the fees and pricing? If not, and if Ford increased the price to cover higher costs, you're probably out of luck. If the extra $1K came from Ford, that is likely now the new MSRP. Do you have a copy signed by the dealer?

2. Did you arrange financing with Ford Credit or with a bank and did you sign a loan agreement? If it was all verbal based on then-current rates, it may prove difficult to get them to honor those rates now.

Anything verbal is not really relevant if the dealer wants to be sticky about it.
1- no
2- no
I think my dealership will do the right thing. It’s a small town here and everybody knows everybody. They depend on word of mouth.
Still though, you’re right. It’s a risk.
Sponsored