SWFLGulf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been reading the posts on this site for 9 months while waiting for my truck. I have read some interesting threads about how Ford dealers are taking advantage of people who ordered the Maverick. Here is another....Tamiami Ford in Naples Fl.
I Special Ordered my truck on July 17, 2021. Base price plus the options I ordered and the destination charges totaled $22,085.00. During the following 9 months, I spoke & emailed with 2 Internet Sales Associates at the dealership. I reminded them I was looking for a fair price for my trade in and they both stated that the dealership was paying top dollar for trades. "Our name means a great deal" was the dealership tag line that they used over and over again. Other than a request for a deposit, there was no mention of any other costs to my order. Sure, I expected the "document fees" and the "dealer prep" (aka expensive car wash) when i picked up the truck, but this dealership wanted more.
The truck came in on Monday April 18th. On Tuesday the 19th, I brought my 2012 trade in (more on that later) and we started the paperwork with a 3rd sales associate. While examining the paperwork, I saw that 1- They did not include my $500.00 deposit and 2-there was a $1,295.00 item labeled "Dealer Aftermarket". When I asked about it, I was told " That is a package that we put on every car that comes into our dealership..Tinted windows, LoJack subscription etc". I explained that this was a special order and if I wanted tinted windows and other things, I would have added them when I ordered the truck. Well, there was no further discussion other than " That's what we do here" & " The internet associates should have told you. Oh well, its on your truck now".
So, after waiting 9 months, they had me. I knew that if I walked out, they would slap another 5k minimum on it somehow and sell it before the end of the day. Asking to speak with someone about the aftermarkets and a low trade in amount got me nowhere. Who that mysterious man or woman was in the back office who set the policy and trade in amount is I'll never know. And, they never gave me a written breakdown of the "Dealer/Other Aftermarkets" items.
So, if you are waiting on a Maverick, I advise you to make sure, and get it in writing, what you will be paying for when it arrives. I messed up on that. I should have told them "add nothing to that vehicle upon its arrival. It is a custom/special order. I want it as it left the factory. "
FYI: The "Pre delivery fee" was $778.00 and the "Elelctronic Registration Filing fee was $189. That is separate from the State DMV Title/Registration & License fee of $125.00. On the trade in, I was told it was a "high mileage vehicle" hence the low trade in amount. 2 days later on their site, they were stating that my 2012 "is 8009 miles less than the average mileage for that year vehicle".
I am happy with the truck. Its what Ford said it would be. If I had been treated better by Tamiami Ford in Naples, I would be even happier.
Sponsored

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dealerships are struggling and their only recourse is to try to screw as many customers as they can, all the while, they want you to be sympathetic about “Your Hometown Dealership” going out of business… let ’em! This industry is ripe for an overhaul.

Make sure you tear their ass up on the Ford survey and don’t be sympathetic, they weren’t!

OP
OP
SWFLGulf

SWFLGulf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh- No worries there. Besides the survey, I have told anyone who asks about my dealer to stay away from him. Yes, the next dealer is a bit of a drive, but worth it not to get screwed.
I have been buying my accessories online from another dealer. I want nothing to do with Tamiami Ford unless its a warranty issue.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Blast their ass on EVERY social
media, Google review, FORD survey, and your local gloryholes;)

cowmeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That sucks, I had a much better experience from Lakeland Ford. Maybe because I've now bought 3 new vehicles from them but I haven't ever felt like I got taken advantage of there
I originally ordered the Maverick last winter (Hybrid XLT) right when the bottom dropped out of the expected Hybrid production, so after a month or so I cancelled my order since nobody could even guestimate a production date.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago:
Frank Uria from Lakeland Ford called me out of the blue and said he knew I had cancelled my order last year but that my Maverick was at the dealership if I was still interested. He had dug around and found my number and wanted to give me first shot since he remembered from last year I had only cancelled because they couldn't give an eta on production. I went down there that day, actually drove it from the parking lot to the service center with all the wrapping still on the interior, and a couple of hours later drove it home. They sold it to me for the original cost quoted last year even though I had cancelled the order, with only their usual processing fees tacked on.

Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealerships are struggling and their only recourse is to try to screw as many customers as they can, all the while, they want you to be sympathetic about “Your Hometown Dealership” going out of business… let ’em! This industry is ripe for an overhaul.

Make sure you tear their ass up on the Ford survey and don’t be sympathetic, they weren’t!
[/QU
I am not sure dealerships are struggling. That is their story and they have been sticking to it.. for the past fifty years. Some of their employees may be struggling if bottom line profit is management's only guiding principle. Sadly, some departments called "Human Resources" do not really see employees as resources. Dealerships that manage that way have low morale and customer care is not on the lips of the average employee. We need to let others know if our experience sucks!!

Fat Willie

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 2022 XLT FX4 4K Tow
"Rip them on the survey" and in my experience they WILL get back AT you (not to you). It is a great way to stop being welcome at the dealership.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Rip them on the survey" and in my experience they WILL get back AT you (not to you). It is a great way to stop being welcome at the dealership.
Who gives a shit? I don't want to be welcome at a dealership. Being welcome there probably means you're one of the stupid ones who pay whatever they ask.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is up with this massive increase in LoJack nonsense. There are few things more useless than LoJack, and I won't buy a vehicle with it installed. When we picked up the 2022 Civic Touring for my mother, I agreed to pay the window tints and trunk tray... but LoJack was a deal breaker. They backed down.

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When we ordered ours we traded the car in at that time and we have a signed agreement with EXACTLY what we will pay no matter how long it takes. I had them send me a screenshot of what they have in their computer. BTW, we got more on trade in than we paid new for our 2020 CRV.

Sponsored

Fat Willie

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 2022 XLT FX4 4K Tow
Who gives a shit? I don't want to be welcome at a dealership. Being welcome there probably means you're one of the stupid ones who pay whatever they ask.
Well, I do, for one. I bought a service plan for the truck and an extended warranty with Ford. It would have been nice to be welcome at the nearby dealership where I had planned to use my service plan.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I do, for one. I bought a service plan for the truck and an extended warranty with Ford. It would have been nice to be welcome at the nearby dealership where I had planned to use my service plan.
Well this makes sense then. Both of those things are just pure profit for dealerships and wastes of money for the consumer. So I'm sure you'll be welcome.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is for others and you. A lot of times the packages they “already have installed” aren’t. Knowing that trucks are partially tinting from the factory pays dividends.

When confronted with the “already installed” get up and go to the car to see it all. Have them walk through it. Make sure you can speak to factory completed things. Make sure they tell you the value and ask specifics like brand of product and if you can meet the installer. I’m sure at minimum you will cut the cost down by half. I would continue to get the list.

ALWAYS read the fine print of your dealer online. The dealer installed stuff legally has to be mentioned online or it would be false advertisement. See pic below

When ordering anything, get a signed agreement on price. Did you pay the price increase from when you ordered too? You didn’t need to. And did they find your $500 deposit?

All the talk about X plan and other dealer discounts on this site and you ignored them?

this dealer isn’t great, but not the worst. You failed to put up a fight and read the fine print. Dealers look for ways to take advantage of people, defense is a must.

Ford Maverick Another dealer playing games... DE3164DD-C8ED-4FD5-BDA9-6BCE610C47BF

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
What is up with this massive increase in LoJack nonsense. There are few things more useless than LoJack, and I won't buy a vehicle with it installed. When we picked up the 2022 Civic Touring for my mother, I agreed to pay the window tints and trunk tray... but LoJack was a deal breaker. They backed down.
What a great way to find a vehicle you want to repossess and have the customer pay for it.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What a great way to find a vehicle you want to repossess and have the customer pay for it.
Never thought of it that way, but also never had any sort of repossession thing going on either. I think if I were in that situation, I would voluntarily surrender the car.
Sponsored