Sponsored

I need a dealer that is legitimate - located in Florida?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
isn't there a limited number and ordering cutoff date on 1st Edition? They may have a waiting list and just went to the next person on the list who wasn't going to haggle over a small fee.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WasChops

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
isn't there a limited number and ordering cutoff date on 1st Edition? They may have a waiting list and just went to the next person on the list who wasn't going to haggle over a small fee.
I hope not.... oh well if it is done...

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have had an order in place - won't mention the dealer - since 08/24/21 ... and they sent me an updated DORA today with a small add-on fee. I inquired about it and called out legitimacy in the matter... they cancelled my order as a result.

I need one decent and good dealership that is not playing for a "Participation Trophy"? 1st Edition, Rapid Red, 4K Tow package. Any ideas?
Try Long MacArthur (find them on YouTube) they’ll ship it to your house if you finance through them and if you need to trade a vehicle in go to car max apparently they are decent in what they offer (only know this from posts here in Maine). Good luck and screw the bad dealerships that try to take advantage of the general public On a new release vehicle. They’ll be gone soon, Ford is going to online ordering soon. when they do SMART dealerships will learn to live with a 2 % profit margin and a good service department. The rest will suffer as they should.

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Moyer Ford just across the state line in Foley, Alabama has been fair to work with. No dealer markup on MSRP, small doc fee, willing to honor X Plan discounting. At least all was true when I placed my order. Assuming it still is. Alaina is their internet sales representative.

Last edited:

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I purchased thru Veterans Ford in Tampa. They charge MSRP (Ford Web Price) and some dealer fees. It's fair enough for me. I intend to use them for future service/warranty so I am okay with them making a little money on the transaction. They have so many names for it - It used to be called "dealer prep and delivery" fees. Of course there is invoice price and rebates that they make money on too. We are capitalists, everyone needs to turn a profit to continue in business. They have to pay employees to to do all kinds of jobs.
If you buy from one dealer and ship to another, don't expect them to prep your vehicle or be over-friendly. They will likely have you sign something and hand you a key.
Each time you place an order with a dealer and "cancel", they are gaining a build for their dealership stock. They are not canceling your order, just sucking it up for the dealership. The lowest price = latest delivery? Allocations? Dealers can't order stock Hybrids? If you have an order, you should keep it. You will be upset when you see your truck(s) for sale on their lot in a couple of months, likely for more $$.
What dealer is going to service/warranty your truck in the future? My advice is to accept that they need to make some money and consider your future relations with them.
I believe we will see a lot of builds scheduled in the next few weeks. Think positive!
Kudos for sharing some good advice. I too took the blue pill and swallowed knowing a small dealer fee over MSRP for my order was reasonable considering the shortage and demand.

Sponsored

Lombardidm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, 2016 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I worked with Duval Ford in Jacksonville and they were very straight forward. Since they sponsor the JAX Mustang Club, they offered the X-Plan pricing which knocked off about $750. Additional charges included Tag Fee $125, Tire Tax $5, Lemon Law $2, Agency Fee $100 and Tax for Nassau County at just over $2000. Talk with Rafael Mejia. I ordered the 1st Edition, Rapid Red, Co-Pilot 360 Maverick on 8/31/2021...still waiting, but patient. Rafael invited us to a Maverick Preview when a Ford Tech was there training their sales force. All is good so far!

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had an order in place - won't mention the dealer - since 08/24/21 ... and they sent me an updated DORA today with a small add-on fee. I inquired about it and called out legitimacy in the matter... they cancelled my order as a result.

I need one decent and good dealership that is not playing for a "Participation Trophy"? 1st Edition, Rapid Red, 4K Tow package. Any ideas?
If you won't say which dealer it is. How would we know the dealer we might mention is not the same dealer. And if by chance you are right about them being unscrupulous would it not be your duty to tell the forum?

OP
OP
WasChops

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you won't say which dealer it is. How would we know the dealer we might mention is not the same dealer. And if by chance you are right about them being unscrupulous would it not be your duty to tell the forum?
I am avoiding any legal issues... but they are in PA

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am avoiding any legal issues... but they are in PA
Well who in Florida have you tried but did not use, an why? I live in Florida and don't want to say who I used based on not wanting to screw myself.

OP
OP
WasChops

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
PA or IA or both? Did you not just start this thread basically saying Granger tried to ding you with an extra $10 fee as well?
Recommendation for a Dealership that will match the 3% discount! Iowa based... will work with anyone! | MaverickTruckClub.com - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Info

How is it that you've had mysterious, rather negligible fees pop up from two of the best dealers on this forum and nobody else has said a word?

If I were the dealer(s) that you've harassed over something tiny such as a $10 fee on a $30k+ vehicle, I would cancel the order and move along as well. A place offering hundreds, possibly thousands off of INVOICE, shouldn't get blasted on here as frauds over a tiny additional fee. I understand the principal of the matter, but they aren't getting rich off the extra $10.. nor are they even obligated to continue offering amazing deals on a brand new model.

I also highly doubt any of them sneak anything else ($$$) in at delivery, or you can bet we'd be reading all about it by now.
Ok.... the PA experience occurred first, then I started down the path with IA - and when I re-visited their revised DORA - once again the "slight of hand" they added the fee.

To address the matter, I did not cancel, I inquired about the fee and indicated concern about legitimacy - then PA flat out cancelled. You may have your opinion on the matter... but once a snake raises its head, I want to discern whether it is poisonous or just a harmless snake. This snake cancelled without further discussion...

You have made your opinion known... please, let's not take this any further - and make this contentious?

Sponsored

MAV-UTE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Yosvani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I placed my order with AutoNation Ford in Miami. My deal is MSRP+dealer fees. I worked in car sales. It's a fair deal by today's standard.

JaxMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bozard Ford in St. Augustine. I made "reservations" at SIX south Florida dealers to see where I'd get the best deal and they were all scumbags. Bozard got my deal done in one day, all via text/email.
Same. My sales person was Frank Serverius at Bozard Ford in St. Augustine. He was great through the whole process. Communicated as quickly as he could whenever I had questions. They were very patient even with me freaking about the delay because of the fuel tank issue. Anything Lincoln or Ford I will be purchasing through them. My deal was msrp + their dealership fees ( which wasnt that much), but I am plenty happy with the price and service. Heck, Frank even texted me about a week later just to see how everything was going with the truck. 5 stars for Bozard Ford.

JaxMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We can be our own worst enemy sometimes over thinking things Or in the name of pride or integrity. Mines scheduled to be built soon and im paying full msrp and some dealership fees but I'm content. Part of the buying new with no leverage.
I agree. MSRP+dealership fees (as long as not crazy amount added on) is a fair deal in this market right now. I priced out a maxed out "pro series" nissan frontier while waiting on a fuel tank replacement. Now, the frontier I inquired about had just about every option, but they still wanted "adjusted market value" of additional 5k over msrp. That made the frontier come out at $57k. Just ridiculous. I joked with the salesman I inquired with that he confused my inquiry with a Titan and not a frontier!

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Yes there is a thread in the Florida section called dealers that charge MSRP. It also contains a list of those that don’t. how much was the ADM? The best I got was $899 as the dealer fee no ADM.

Or you can do what I did and call a bunch of dealers and get on a waitlist for one that arrives that does not get purchased. Of course you won’t be able to choose all the accessories, maybe just the trim level. I ended up with much better than what I ordered! I now have an FE Lariat lux with all the bells and whistles for less than a lEssex model would have cost me at the other dealer (in FL) and their bogus ADM.

If you go that route don’t cancel your order because the dealer well added to their stock and then put an ADM of thousands of $$$! Good luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
WasChops

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you had a written agreement, then you can hold them to it in a court of law. I am not a lawyer and have no legal skills... but a dealer in WI sold to someone else a vehicle my sister & BIL had purchased, and the got them to find an equivalent vehicle at no increase in cost. (newer, actually)
If a dealer tries to pull a fast one, then they should be prepared to take what comes.
tom
A dealership holds the advantage to any legal actions with a Legal firm always on retainer. It is a battle that would cost me and I may not win.
Sponsored