Sponsored

Am I crazy for putting in a different order now?

Put in a new order now or wait it out?

• Total voters

mcarneybsa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
I originally ordered in mid-June - a hybrid lariat with the luxury package and a tonneau cover - basically the perfect storm for not getting scheduled. I would just change my order, but it's already been moved to priority 02, and has been for at least three weeks.

I was thinking about putting in a new order with my dealer for an XLT 2.0/AWD/4k (If it's not going to be a hybrid, it might as well do a bit more work and make it easier to find a camper to pull), but no other add-ons. Ordering that specification now in September I can't tell if it would be a toss up on which would actually be built first, especially with the delay in hybrid production (and generally low number of hybrids being pulled for production anyway), or if I'd be so far back in line that I wouldn't see it until July next year anyway.

So am I crazy for thinking about ordering a different version a this point? Talk me into/out of it? Am I just going crazy?
Sponsored

OP
OP
mcarneybsa

mcarneybsa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Up to you and what you want.

One of my favorite wisdom quotes, "Don't give up what you really want for what you want right now".
My biggest problem with the Hybrid was the low towing capacity. It's 400lb more than what I can do now, but still really limiting. And the gas mileage on the 2.0/AWD is still 50% better than what I get now (20mpg Honda Element). Maybe that's the answer, is get the better gas mileage, but not best, but still have the larger towing capacity? Or hell, maybe my wife needs a new car and we get them both 0_o

Didj

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did that exact thing yesterday…scheduled today.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
If your one of us unlucky people that drive near 100 miles a day I would definitely advise the hybrid. If you get the turbo 2.0L, I would highly recommend the premium 91 octane gas Ford recommends. That is more expensive on top of the less MPG $$$$. I understand it can do minimum 87 octane because of the variable timing and lowering boost psi. But you will sacrifice power to do it, with even less avg MPG.

I don't trust the world economy to keep a lid on gas prices, but you do you.

Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Order exactly what you want.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Exactly what I want is a hybrid with a 4klb towing capacity!
A hybrid capable of towing 4K pounds would likely require RWD or AWD and a more powerful gas engine. Since RWD is not likely with this platform, AWD it would be. At that point, I can't imagine the hybrid having much of an advantage over the EB. Ford probably knows this.

OP
OP
mcarneybsa

mcarneybsa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
A hybrid capable of towing 4K pounds would likely require RWD or AWD and a more powerful gas engine. Since RWD is not likely with this platform, AWD it would be. At that point, I can't imagine the hybrid having much of an advantage over the EB. Ford probably knows this.
Subaru's Crosstrek comes in an awd hybrid, though the towing capacity is low (it's also just a small car). It would likely just take a different design, which would produce a different option for users and need significantly more R+D plus additional changes to production lines when it runs, all of which increase cost significantly, and would probably increase the base cost of the vehicle all around. Honestly the vehicle I really, really want is the Rivian R1T, but it's way to expensive. I could buy 3 mavericks for the cost of one of those.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
what's the opposite of smart?

OP
OP
mcarneybsa

mcarneybsa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
So an F-150 PowerBoost or Explorer Hybrid?
the f150 hybrid still only gets 24mpg and the Explorer isn't a truck. Neither are anywhere near the price of a Maverick (The hybrids are double+the cost).

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I being to think in the same way.....Order what you want, sit back build your down $$ grab some popcorn and wait... But at least you got what you want and won't have that thought "I could of had more"
I'm about ready to put all my stuff back on my XL build and screw early scheduling

bsly137

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
I def don't think you're crazy. Going from the hybrid to a 2.0 eco you lose mpg but gain other things/options. If you have a 2.0 eco, you do have to consider if you need AWD and if you need the tow package. It really depends on what you want to do with your life or if your driving conditions need AWD. I live in NC where we rarely get snow, so AWD is really not needed. I currently have nothing to tow so the tow package wouldn't be needed either. My order originally was an XLT hybrid with lux package. I removed the hybrid and lux package but now I'm thinking about adding the lux package back. Unfortunately, my currently vehicle is old (2005 ford ranger with some slight transmission issues) and I cannot wait forever. So, I've decided that if I'm not scheduled with a build date by the end of Oct, I'll likely just buy a sedan off of a local lot. Hell, if Santa Cruz's are available by then, I might would even buy one of them. I tend to think that if you're going with the 2.0 eco, you almost have to logically consider the Santa Cruz unless you're just a Ford fanboy.

inferno

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevy Colorado, 2022 Ford Maverick
Build a new one and then buy both of them. Drive them, see which one you like the best and flip the other for a profit :D
Sponsored