First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford is going to build every truck they can. Early in the production run, regional and dealer allocations matter. Nearing the end of production, that all goes out the window. They will build whatever they can based on constraints and profitability. That is how MY22 played out.
This. No way an Ecoboost sits not being built if there is capacity considering how far below threshold that build is. I'd be worried about allocations with a hybrid, or if you are concerned with timing. Not going to change things now, but allocations could effect those. But if you're willing to wait. A year for your Ecoboost you'll get it allocations or no.
Sponsored

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you ordered at a dealer that has more allocations than orders, that is good.
If you ordered at a dealer that has more orders than allocations, that is not good.
Ok it frustrating that why did dealer take orders .

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If someone has a straight answer on dealer allocations that is not different from yesterday and most likely will not change tomorrow, by all means, please clue me in.

The last I knew, Ford had a mathematical equation for computing allacations that would've make Albert Einstein pull his hair out. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If someone has a straight answer on dealer allocations that is not different from yesterday and most likely will not change tomorrow, by all means, please clue me in.

The last I knew, Ford had a mathematical equation for computing allacations that would've make Albert Einstein pull his hair out. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I thought it was more like a toddler with a crayon drawing random numbers and symbols. When they had sufficiently drawn to their liking they threw up their hands and said "da" and the manager took that to mean their child was a savant and solved the system.

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealers don't know how many allocations they are going to get for the year. Even Ford doesn't know. The best they can do is make educated guesses.

Sponsored

minitrucknuts

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
Ford did not tell dealers their allocations until after the order banks were closed, which at this time (and then too) seems like one of the more questionable decisions. A decision that rankled both dealers and customers alike.

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What ford corp already would know what each dealers allocation numbers are the number vehicle they sold and the number that they would replace or give them to replace
Please advise

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The same reason a airline over books for flight.. Not every one will show up that booked... Same thing here kinda.. Not everyone that orders will be able to take possession... Could be just timing and can't wait any longer... Financial... Or just vary bad credit...

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford did not tell dealers their allocations until after the order banks were closed, which at this time (and then too) seems like one of the more questionable decisions. A decision that rankled both dealers and customers alike.
The more questionable decision was to even open up the 2023 order bank with apparently thousands of 2022s (at least hybrids) unbuilt and needing to be rolled over. They took a PR disaster and made it worse. They easily could have opened the order banks for EBs only, and then added hybrids as a Job2 option.

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
have opportunity now to by a base xl 22 EB now tommro
it’s a ways from me , to go , be a cash deal
Nothing at all on it , base , At retail 20,995 plus del.
However in sept
I ordered a 23 xle hybrid w. 360 copilot , hitch
Code priority 19 , placed order sept 21 last day

So I wold pickup this base on till then and trade/ or resale

what to do

Sponsored

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The same reason a airline over books for flight.. Not every one will show up that booked... Same thing here kinda.. Not everyone that orders will be able to take possession... Could be just timing and can't wait any longer... Financial... Or just vary bad credit...
Yeah I suppose as someone said in the comments before that if there had to put down payment would make a difference you gotta have a dog in the fight something to Lose and then so many may not have ordered . Perhaps like $1000 or 2000 so that they would know how serious you really are

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The more questionable decision was to even open up the 2023 order bank with apparently thousands of 2022s (at least hybrids) unbuilt and needing to be rolled over. They took a PR disaster and made it worse. They easily could have opened the order banks for EBs only, and then added hybrids as a Job2 option.
That’s exactly right , to January February open the 23 order bank after they got the 22s done

minitrucknuts

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
They took a PR disaster and made it worse.
PR disaster? Dude, the Maverick is a media darling and people are still falling over themselves to get one, or more. Outside of the relatively small group of people with cancelled orders, there is not a lot of resentment toward Ford.

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford did not tell the dealers about their allocation amounts until after the orders were taken in September. Tim Bartz stated this in late September or early October .Ford just totally mis-managed it Tim may have only been talking about the hybrids, but I think it was dealer allocations.

OP
OP
jesemd

jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tried to place a 22 order and missed the window. I signed up to be notified when the 23 orders opened. Never heard anything so I called the local dealer in September one evening. Salesman said you have two hours before the order banks close and so I pulled a Hail Mary and ordered something based on the 22 info. I told myself I would be zen about if it ever got built as I don’t NEED another car right now.

I kinda want my truck though.

Maybe I need therapy….
Sponsored