First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick and Honda CR-V
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I specifically asked my salesman "Does your dealership have any allocations left? I'm seeing nearly exact same builds as mine getting scheduling dates that were ordered after mine. Only difference is location and size of dealership. "

His reply was "The dealership size and location have nothing to due with vehicles getting built sooner. We can remove the CoPilot 360 to see if that is holding up your order".

Am I confused about the allocation system or is my salesman? I thought the more volume, ie.. $$$ and number of vehicles sold by a dealer affects the number of vehicles allocated to that dealership.
Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I specifically asked my salesman "Does your dealership have any allocations left? I'm seeing nearly exact same builds as mine getting scheduling dates that were ordered after mine. Only difference is location and size of dealership. "

His reply was "The dealership size and location have nothing to due with vehicles getting built sooner. We can remove the CoPilot 360 to see if that is holding up your order".

Am I confused about the allocation system or is my salesman? I thought the more volume, ie.. $$$ and number of vehicles sold by a dealer affects the number of vehicles allocated to that dealership.
Allocations are given to dealers on a monthly basis. It changes month to month. Sales volume usually does affect allocation.....but the current shortages have changed things some. I'm sure it still has an influence, but the ROVP process produces allocations for the dealer (spread out over the remaining build time). Allocations are given to regions, and zone managers divide them out to the dealers....based on the orders in the system, I assume. Influenced by sales as well?