Sponsored

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Without resistors, yes.

I'll be installing resistors tonight. I'll update the OP once I get them wired in.
Ok thanks. After reading the thread I had been under the impression that it was a Lariat only issue because of its inability to use the switchback function. Thanks for answering.
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Somebody posted somewhere how to change a setting from incandescent to LED!

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks really nice, and I never realized how slow incandescents were to flash. Probably something I'd consider except I would never ever see it in action on my own vehicle, so that really diminishes the motivation. Especially if it causes hyper flash in the cabin - that sounds incredibly annoying

Reactions: JJC

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today I installed a pair of Alla Lighting 4257NA Switchback LED Bulbs*. Since I have a Lariat, I am not able to utilize the switchback functionality of the bulbs as I expected. I was primarily looking for a set of bulbs that would eliminate the amber glow when the signal lights are off, these accomplished that. Additional benefits are that they're brighter and they illuminate much quicker than halogen bulbs.

There is hyperflash with these, but only on the inside of the vehicle, the bulbs themselves function as intended. I'll update with how to turn that off via ForScan once I figure it out. Resistors would be an option as well.

View attachment 23734 View attachment 23735 View attachment 23736

OEM bulb on the left, Alla LED on the right.
View attachment 23740

Here's a short video, OEM bulb on the passenger side, LED on the driver side.

View attachment 23739

*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made via the referenced link, thank you.
Just went onto Alla lighting and they have the resistors for the hyperflash issue in your Maverick 50W 60HM #16897338 and the best part is today only $9.99

Sponsored

michaelmac8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Won't canbus bulbs solve the hyperflash? I think they have resistors built in. I used to buy mine from superbrightleds.com for my Jetta.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hyperflash doesn't bother me inside. I just don't want hyperflash outside. Catches cops attention, and you're more likely to get pulled over thinking one of your signals is out.

I have aftermarket LED taillights on my Lincoln Mark LT. They have built in resistors. But one set the resistors failed and the left turn signal started to hyperflash. I just ignored it for a year, but then got pulled over twice in a month. I had to demonstrate to both cops my signals were indicating everywhere, the hyperflash is not because of outtage. One tried to argue with me the hyperflashing is not a legal turn signal.

I got tired of that and just ordered some resistors and spliced them in. It solved the problem.

I'm not anti-cop or anything and have nothing to hide. But I still don't want to get pulled over and deal with all that. I want to be invisible to the cops. That will be hard with a Cyber Orange Maverick.

Mavman123

First Name
Joe Shmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick XLT
Without resistors, yes.

I'll be installing resistors tonight. I'll update the OP once I get them wired in.
Any luck with the resistors?

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my delivery, they are installed but I will need to edit the video before I can post anything- file size too large.

No weird flickering very smooth transition. The whites are very clear and bright when DTL's are on.

They only thing I notice is it takes about one second after you switch the turn signal off to go back to white.
So question do U have the XL or Xlt that you put these Alla switch back bulbs in?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks really nice, and I never realized how slow incandescents were to flash. Probably something I'd consider except I would never ever see it in action on my own vehicle, so that really diminishes the motivation. Especially if it causes hyper flash in the cabin - that sounds incredibly annoying
It is designed to be annoying so that you replace the burned out bulb😇

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
Did you get those resistors wired in? I went to the link you shared and those seem like they may be overkill for just signal bulbs.
Without resistors, yes.

Did you get those resistors wired in? The ones you linked seem like they may be overkill for just signal bulbs, idk though, maybe not.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you get those resistors wired in? I went to the link you shared and those seem like they may be overkill for just signal bulbs.

Did you get those resistors wired in? The ones you linked seem like they may be overkill for just signal bulbs, idk though, maybe not.
the only thing with that is to install the resistors you have to cut the wire(could be a warranty issue) Let us know if you another way to install the resistors without cuttin the wire

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have them as well. They look and work great on the outside but I can't stand the hyper blink on the inside. If it was muted I wouldn't mind so much.
So question? did you put them in an XL or XLT, The guy was saying he put his in the Lairt and is getting the Hyper Flash!
Sponsored