Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
This isn’t a what did you do to your Maverick today post as much as it is this is an accumulation of the first three months post. Also pictured is the Mrs new Badlands Bronco Sport. The Maverick is leveled, new Fifteen52 MX wheels, Falken Wildpeak AT Trail in 245/65’s. Windshield tinted at 55%, front doors at 20% and back doors and glass at 5%. Custom box under backseat with JL 10” sub and JL 5 channel amp. Not pictured Focal component set in the front. And also all 4 doors lined with Soundskins sound mat. On the door skin and both sides of the interior door panels. Tailgate lettering. Lasfit LED light conversion. And also the Ottocast wireless CarPlay adapter. I think that is it for the moment.

Ford Maverick All-Ford Household Now w/ Maverick. Show Yours! 50DC45AB-F642-4AC4-82F4-70F35E3B2963

Ford Maverick All-Ford Household Now w/ Maverick. Show Yours! EB66A87E-F4E8-48D1-9F40-A184441F95C9

Ford Maverick All-Ford Household Now w/ Maverick. Show Yours! 0555BF51-42FF-4D39-80A6-16ABDAA84E94

Ford Maverick All-Ford Household Now w/ Maverick. Show Yours! 31D60849-1C85-4A0F-8018-2C386C35E718

Ford Maverick All-Ford Household Now w/ Maverick. Show Yours! 78C94A63-6A9E-4C22-833A-86830BBA324D
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very Nice, great lookin pair!

OP
OP
LM42

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
You should put a bumper sticker on the back saying "AHP please pull me over".
Nobody cares about window tint unless you are otherwise being an asshole or suspicious. And I hate traffic cops, so I do neither. Also 55% doesn’t even look tinted unless you pay very close attention. And with 20% on the front doors you can still see inside easily in sunlight. I have no worries.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As a former LEO I say BS. Cops need a violation to pull you over and you have a neon one. Tell you what, you walk up alone on a car at midnight with that tinting and see how easily you can see a gun pointing at you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LM42

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
As a former LEO I say BS. Cops need a violation to pull you over and you have a neon one. Tell you what, you walk up alone on a car at midnight with that tinting and see how easily you can see a gun pointing at you.
I know the logic. My best friend is a cop, and I know many others well. In the rare instances I have been pulled over the second lights go on all 4 windows go down. I also conceal carry so I have more reason to be cautious. I am 50 years old, have tinted every car I’ve owned for decades this same way, and you know how many times I’ve been ticketed or even stopped for tint? Zero.

OP
OP
LM42

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
Oh, and very minor. But I did install a tailgate assist and also one of those 2 piece console trays that goes under the armrest. I think from Muslogy.

Adamyoung

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This isn’t a what did you do to your Maverick today post as much as it is this is an accumulation of the first three months post. Also pictured is the Mrs new Badlands Bronco Sport. The Maverick is leveled, new Fifteen52 MX wheels, Falken Wildpeak AT Trail in 245/65’s. Windshield tinted at 55%, front doors at 20% and back doors and glass at 5%. Custom box under backseat with JL 10” sub and JL 5 channel amp. Not pictured Focal component set in the front. And also all 4 doors lined with Soundskins sound mat. On the door skin and both sides of the interior door panels. Tailgate lettering. Lasfit LED light conversion. And also the Ottocast wireless CarPlay adapter. I think that is it for the moment.

50DC45AB-F642-4AC4-82F4-70F35E3B2963.jpeg

EB66A87E-F4E8-48D1-9F40-A184441F95C9.jpeg

0555BF51-42FF-4D39-80A6-16ABDAA84E94.jpeg

31D60849-1C85-4A0F-8018-2C386C35E718.jpeg

78C94A63-6A9E-4C22-833A-86830BBA324D.jpeg
Did you buy or buildthat sub box? I'm looking for ideas

OP
OP
LM42

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
Did you buy or buildthat sub box? I'm looking for ideas
I had it built. My local audio shop is pretty high end, and they did look to see if JL was making one yet, but no. So they just fabbed it themselves.

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I met a guy this weekend who had a Bronco Sport and Maverick, both Cactus Grey. Nice job with the Maverick. That custom sub is nice.

Sponsored

MikeyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking good. Love that box! Do you have anymore pics of it and is it part fiberglass?

Saxapl

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
True. Cops love for you to give them an easy reason to pull you over and this works. Assuming they want to nab you, this is good reasonable articulable suspicion.

As far as the gun comment…If there is a criminal hell bent on killing a cop, the tint is not going to be the difference. Maybe, rather than limit what law abiding citizens can have for tint (and guns) we just get the violent criminals off the street and not let them out. Then we can all have the dark tint we want because we are law abiding. Just a theory…which or government seems to ignore.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
All Ford Household Now
Congrats! We also did the same thing although our second choice was a little different than a Bronco.

Ford Maverick All-Ford Household Now w/ Maverick. Show Yours! PXL_20230218_223059372

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
True. Cops love for you to give them an easy reason to pull you over and this works. Assuming they want to nab you, this is good reasonable articulable suspicion.

As far as the gun comment…If there is a criminal hell bent on killing a cop, the tint is not going to be the difference. Maybe, rather than limit what law abiding citizens can have for tint (and guns) we just get the violent criminals off the street and not let them out. Then we can all have the dark tint we want because we are law abiding. Just a theory…which or government seems to ignore.
The direction is going the other way. No bond required releases, progressive DAs not prosecuting assault on police, shorter sentences. It is safer for citizens to have less tint because most people when pulled over reach around, play with their phone, open their door, and other movements that spell possible danger to a cop. The primary goal for police is to go home at end of watch. Why get in the way of that.

Saxapl

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The direction is going the other way. No bond required releases, progressive DAs not prosecuting assault on police, shorter sentences. It is safer for citizens to have less tint because most people when pulled over reach around, play with their phone, open their door, and other movements that spell possible danger to a cop. The primary goal for police is to go home at end of watch. Why get in the way of that.
Oh I agree with you and lament government is taking the route that because there are bad people, we all lose liberty.

I am certainly not getting in the way of anyone getting home safe. Me having tint would not change that just like me having guns does not change that. If a cop were to come up to my door (which has not happened in 16 years thankfully) they will already know they are dealing with a very low threat situation because of the data available to them now a days…tint or no tint.

I am just not willing to concede liberty to the government for senseless reasons. They have taken enough already. Take the liberty from the violent criminals and both the public and the government agents will be safer.
Sponsored