2.5L Hybrid

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Anyone else interested in fitting your 2022 XL Maverick with front tow hooks (aftermarket)?
Several folks are interested, most are skeptical it is possible

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The FX4 tow hook location is apparently NOT a removable insert in the bumper according to a video Tim Bartz put out. I was hoping they were covers so the flat towbar connections could come through there.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Depends on what aftermarket front bumpers hit the market or a plastic trim piece you can insert/glue in place since you will have to cutout to get to hooks

All assuming there is a bolt on underneath

Anybody have a 3d printer who wants to sell trim pieces?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought a set of OEM front tow hooks for my 2015 Colorado which like the Maverick there were no cut outs for them so they sat on the shelf for 5 years and when I sold the truck I gave them away.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Anyone else interested in fitting your 2022 XL Maverick with front tow hooks (aftermarket)?
I'm hoping to use that space for Fog Light adds. I've been chatting with the Diode Dynamics guys and they are already looking at it.

The64

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like to add them to a Lauriat Hybrid. Is the thinking that this is not possible?

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have never had a use for tow hooks... fog lights however, those could be useful.

For those who do want tow hooks, I wonder if you could get the lariat bumper. Would the mounting points be there though on a XL or XLT? I would think they would be there.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I'd like to add them to a Lauriat Hybrid. Is the thinking that this is not possible?
You'd have to cut the plastic out I believe. The question is is there something behind the plastic to mount the lights to. That is what I'll have to find out when I get the truck. But maybe Diode Dynamics will know before I do.

Sponsored

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford made the Hybrid Flat Towable so there has to be a way to get the baseplate tow hookups to the front of the truck. When I saw the pictures early on I thought those were plugs that were removable. Reports from the field looking at pre-production units say they are not removable. There must be a way to get a baseplate on there if the capability is promised. I hope we do not have to buy a different bumper out of the accessory catalog or something.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

jeffdeq

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Platinum Energi, 2020 F150 King Ranch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are creative and resourceful enough to find some OEM fog lights with the attached mounting brackets, there are unlimited ways to install a set of lights, tow hooks or tow brackets. I installed some Super Duty fog lights on my car hauler to allow for night loading. There are also plastic bezels on the internet that could be used to dress up the bumper plugs after cutting. Also, 3D printing is a great idea for custom trim bezels.
I ordered my Rapid Red First Edition Hybrid Maverick today. I plan to flat tow it. I also plan to install some OEM style Ford fog lights while I install the tow brackets In the front bumper.
This is my Sundowner car hauler the loading lights that I installed. They were not expensive and came with the plastic mounting brackets. I changed the halogen bulbs to led bulbs. The lights are tied into the brake battery and do not draw on the battery like incandescent bulbs would.

Ford Maverick Aftermarket front tow hooks E549AA23-44DC-4934-9286-EFD07ED43A06
I

Ford Maverick Aftermarket front tow hooks 4FF8AA27-F159-459C-8775-515FC128345C
Sponsored