Sponsored

Advice for newbie dealing with dealerships?

Fletch_KC

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY24 Lariat (12/11 scheduled)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey all, I'm considering ordering a new Maverick. Any advice for dealing with dealerships?
Sponsored

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Always count your fingers after you shake their hand to make sure all your fingers are still there. :)
Don't pay overs MSRP and make sure they don't have any additional charges so get it in writing. Some dealers will sell you a Maverick below MSRP so I would check those guys first. Not sure who all of them are but I have ordered with Granger (IA) and Chapman (PA) with good results and expect a long wait.

Last edited:

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

1. Don't pay over MSRP.

2. Make sure you find a dealer that understands Ford's ordering and verification (COVP) process.

3. Ask the dealer to show you a list of 2022 Maverick orders and explain how many of their orders have been scheduled, delivered or pushed to MY23.

4. Get a final, out-the-door price, in writing, from the dealer that shows the price of the truck, any dealer/doc fees and any required "add-ons" they like to slip in like nitrogen in the tires, wheel locks, and ceramic coatings. You don't have to take that crap. If they insist, go to the next dealer.

5. Don't feel you have to put a deposit down to order. Ford does not require deposits. Many dealers do, but that's their choice. Furthermore, IF you put down a deposit, under no circumstances should it be non-refundable. You are likely to wait a year or more for this truck, and despite what the dealer tells you, there is NO GUARANTEE Ford is going to build it for you -- ever. You should have the option to get your deposit back if you change your mind or need to purchase a different vehicle in the meantime.

6. Find a dealer that likes to communicate with customers and does not mind providing regular (monthly, at minumum) updates about the status of your order and what they are seeing overall in Maverick fulfillment for their customers.

Sponsored

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey all, I'm considering ordering a new Maverick. Any advice for dealing with dealerships?
You're 3 hours away from Granger motors in Granger, IA. For a customer oriented, pain-free, discounted deal - consider buying from Granger. You can check their reputation on this board and the bronco6g forum as well.

OP
OP

Fletch_KC

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY24 Lariat (12/11 scheduled)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're 3 hours away from Granger motors in Granger, IA. For a customer oriented, pain-free, discounted deal - consider buying from Granger. You can check their reputation on this board and the bronco6g forum as well.
I noticed that when I checked them earlier. I actually drove through Granger, IA, last weekend. This is a very good option for me.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I noticed that when I checked them earlier. I actually drove through Granger, IA, last weekend. This is a very good option for me.
If you live that close, it's a no-brainer, actually. Just reach out to them and have yourself added to the list of customers who want to place a MY23 Maverick order as soon as the order banks open.

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I flew out and drove 1,100 miles back to pick up my Lariat. (while outrunning a winter storm). Would do it again. To be fair, there are a few other dealers across the country doing business in this model. I'll never buy from a local dealer... unless and until they become 'a Granger'.

DonaldD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DonaldD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put $1,000 down and get everything in writing! Take notes n any follow up communication, record if possible. The dealer has no control on build schedules, but they do have control on their commitments, ie. Price, financing, so again, get it in writing!

Sponsored

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just emailed Ashleigh at Grainger - $1000.00 deposit Non Refundable! Deal Breaker!