First Name
BEAU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm about to buy one tonight. Just wanted to make sure I'm getting the right one.

FORScan has two recommended adapters for Windows on their website.
The First one (OBDLink EX) is twice the price but I can't seem to find out the differences between the two. I'm just going to go with the cheaper one (Vgate vLinker FS) unless the OBDLink EX has advantages that the other one does not.

-OBDLink EX
VS
-vLinker FS

Thank you for your help on this guys. I just don't want to buy the wrong one and have regrets.
Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have always used the OBDLink products. They have been around a long time and provide good support for their products.

But at almost 1/2 the price, if I needed a new one now, I might try the vLinker.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm about to buy one tonight. Just wanted to make sure I'm getting the right one.

FORScan has two recommended adapters for Windows on their website.
The First one (OBDLink EX) is twice the price but I can't seem to find out the differences between the two. I'm just going to go with the cheaper one (Vgate vLinker FS) unless the OBDLink EX has advantages that the other one does not.

-OBDLink EX
VS
-vLinker FS

Thank you for your help on this guys. I just don't want to buy the wrong one and have regrets.
OBD Link EX works right out of the box for me. VLinker failed to even load with driver installed. Too much work. If you want plug and play go with OBD Link EX.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No issues with the $35 Vlinker for me.

Enabled Traffic Sign Recognition the day I bought my truck.

MJ Heat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Powerboost, 2019 RCLB 5.0 F150, 2001 Pwrstrk
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought OBD Link. It has worked easy for an old fart right out of the box for me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MAVERICK OCD

MAVERICK OCD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
BEAU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just want to close this out by saying thank you. I didn't want to but went with the "OBDLink EX". I just want to limit as many single points of failure as possible.

Side Note - I never used FORScan Before. If anyone is willing to walk me on to activating Road Sign Recognition please send me a DM. If I get the hang of this I would like to buy some hardware and attempt a SYNC4 install in the future. Thanks.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just want to close this out by saying thank you. I didn't want to but went with the "OBDLink EX". I just want to limit as many single points of failure as possible.

Side Note - I never used FORScan Before. If anyone is willing to walk me on to activating Road Sign Recognition please send me a DM. If I get the hang of this I would like to buy some hardware and attempt a SYNC4 install in the future. Thanks.
Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions
Sponsored