Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Lux Ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes. My state NJ you can have them as long as you are not committing a crime with it. I'm a Firefighter/EMT so I tend not to worry about it but it is good to know the individual state laws.
Just know them before you cross a state line.
Sponsored

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
CBs are still a thing? Is there an 8 track user base still out there? 🤔

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You spent all that time on the install but you need to upgrade your CB antenna. 2' isn't going to do much even with a SSB radio. You need a 4' antenna minimum to really start getting some good performance. I'd suggest a nice base load with a 40" plus steel whip. Difference will be day and night. I talk regularly on my setup to Australia and made some nice contacts into Europe this year from the truck.

shadow76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I suppose. Many newer radios have the ability to use wireless headset/mics. I would risk a ticket to report hazards on the highway or get traffic updates and directions. As a 1st responder we use radios and phones while driving, police do as well. They want to give me a ticket oh well.
When I was with a volunteer FD, the driver was forbidden to use a comm device while underway.

Yet the local PD has had several accidents while using such devices. One officer killed a pedestrian in a crosswalk without receiving so much as a ticket.

Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Back in the day, I had a Royce 28 channel with a magnetic mount antenna. Upgraded to more channels and more power, a permanent antenna and switched to Craig. Miss those days. All mini trucks in SoCal in the 70's had this set up. You would talk to fellow members of truck clubs and meet up this way.

OP
OP
RFEJR

RFEJR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You spent all that time on the install but you need to upgrade your CB antenna. 2' isn't going to do much even with a SSB radio. You need a 4' antenna minimum to really start getting some good performance. I'd suggest a nice base load with a 40" plus steel whip. Difference will be day and night. I talk regularly on my setup to Australia and made some nice contacts into Europe this year from the truck.
So far I have not found that to be true. The firestik II 2' antenna has recieved and transmitted just fine. Have been able to talk to people around the country during skip no issues. I believe it being a 5/8 wave antenna helps. Of course bigger antenna will have better performance. I had a 4' firestik II on there but did not like the look of it on my Maverick.

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In the center storage area under the climate controls. I was able to tuck it in by using a right angle antenna wire adapter (pictured). The scanner is temporarily in the cubby in front of the center console. I plan on putting it inside the center console and wiring a speaker out of the console at some point.

Mav 8.jpg

Mav 9.jpg

mav 7.jpg
Where did you put the 300 watt linear amp?? ;)

Sponsored

Bilbo_B

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

CBs are still a thing? Is there an 8 track user base still out there? 🤔
About a year ago I fired up the old Midland CB by connecting it to the boat battery charging in the basement called for a radio check and got a response back. We live about 400 yards from I-80 here in eastern Ohio. Still got my reel-to-reel machine and the old turntable with my vinyl Led Zeppelin collection. Yeah, we're still out there.

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
About a year ago I fired up the old Midland CB by connecting it to the boat battery charging in the basement called for a radio check and got a response back. We live about 400 yards from I-80 here in eastern Ohio. Still got my reel-to-reel machine and the old turntable with my vinyl Led Zeppelin collection. Yeah, we're still out there.
Had to put down the Thigh Master and turn off the Walkman to read your post.

Bilbo_B

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Had to put down the Thigh Master and turn off the Walkman to read your post.
t took me a while to respond. I was sittin at the lake with my trusty Popeil Pocket Fisherman.
Sponsored