BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks boyoys for the info., especially since you got the miles.

So, you didn't have to install brake pads? that is real good to know, and interesting especially since i would like to do my own.e

If you do your own brakes would really love to see video on it. Seeing a bunch of
conflicting info about putting the truck in maintance mode. Some say they can do it
others say they can't.
Funny you asked coz I just checked my brakes Friday. They still look good. Still original.
Ford Maverick 98K Miles Blackstone Lab Oil Report Analysis (Maverick Hybrid) 20240116_181011

I do the brakes on all our cars but idk about this Maverick, esp because of the problem you mentioned about putting it in maintenance mode. Hopefully by the time I need new brakes, somebody has figured it out and shared it on here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BoboysTruck

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP, did you say you got 120,000 miles on your original tires? That blows me away. I always thought tires were good for 30,000 to 50,000 (maybe 70,000 with a super hard tread) depending on how hard they have to work.
103,100 when I had it replaced yesterday.
Ford Maverick 98K Miles Blackstone Lab Oil Report Analysis (Maverick Hybrid) 20240115_115100

Went to @Discount Tire and I gotta give them a shout out here. They were busy but these guys hustle. Ands the customer service is excellent. It helps to make an appointment. You'd wait a little longer if you just walk in.
Here's the final look of the original tires.
Ford Maverick 98K Miles Blackstone Lab Oil Report Analysis (Maverick Hybrid) 20240116_181845

Last edited:

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
103,100 when I had it replaced yesterday.
View attachment 142778
Went to @Discount Tire and I gotta give them a shout out here. They were busy but these guys hustle. Ands the customer service is excellent. It helps to make an appointment. You'd wait a little longer if you just walk in.
Here's the final look of the original tires.
20240116_181845.jpg
What about that time your wife changed the tires while you were out of town?

😎😆

scotty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sent an oil sample to Blackstone Labs after my last oil change at 98K miles and here is the result. I have done a total of 11 oil changes since day 1 using Mobil 1 oil and OEM filter. Good Report they say so that's awesome. I think my Mav was made on a Wednesday. :giggle:

Screenshot_20240112_172130_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Hi boboy
I sent an oil sample to Blackstone Labs after my last oil change at 98K miles and here is the result. I have done a total of 11 oil changes since day 1 using Mobil 1 oil and OEM filter. Good Report they say so that's awesome. I think my Mav was made on a Wednesday. :giggle:

Screenshot_20240112_172130_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Still amazed that you went that many miles with original tires. I can't find where you posted that you listed a summary of things done on truck, oil changes, tire rotations etc.
I can't find that post. How many times did you rotate the tires during that time?
Did you do the cross pattern?

I saw your summary of tranny fluid change with the pics. I want to do it eventually when I cruise more miles. so you drain from one plug and filled the fluid in a different plug. I wish someone
would eventually do a video of this. I always did this with my van by pumping out a quart every time oil change was done. But no tranny stick on this one, so weighing in one caution, thats why the questions. Thank you, thank you for all your posts.

OP
OP
BoboysTruck

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What about that time your wife changed the tires while you were out of town?

😎😆
Haha. Nah. My wife has driven my Mav once, because she had to. She's not the type to drive another car except hers.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BoboysTruck

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi boboy

Still amazed that you went that many miles with original tires. I can't find where you posted that you listed a summary of things done on truck, oil changes, tire rotations etc.
I can't find that post. How many times did you rotate the tires during that time?
Did you do the cross pattern?

I saw your summary of tranny fluid change with the pics. I want to do it eventually when I cruise more miles. so you drain from one plug and filled the fluid in a different plug. I wish someone
would eventually do a video of this. I always did this with my van by pumping out a quart every time oil change was done. But no tranny stick on this one, so weighing in one caution, thats why the questions. Thank you, thank you for all your posts.
I would have gotten the same set of tires but they're a little pricey. I got something cheaper with a 50000 mile warranty. I will get those regularly rotated every 6k-8k miles at DT for free.
I know I rotated the original tires three times only and I did do the cross pattern. Crazy thing is I don't have a record of when I did them. I know the last one was a long time ago. Tire rotation is not easy to diy.
There's a ton of youtube videos on how to drain and fill the transmission. I watched one on a Ford Escape Hybrid and just followed that.

scotty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would have gotten the same set of tires but they're a little pricey. I got something cheaper with a 50000 mile warranty. I will get those regularly rotated every 6k-8k miles at DT for free.
I know I rotated the original tires three times only and I did do the cross pattern. Crazy thing is I don't have a record of when I did them. I know the last one was a long time ago. Tire rotation is not easy to diy.
There's a ton of youtube videos on how to drain and fill the transmission. I watched one on a Ford Escape Hybrid and just followed that.
[/QU
Thank you very much

midcoastme

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 PT Cruisers & Maverick Lariat Hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And here I thought I was one of the few who have sent samples to Blackstone.

When I had my oil changed last December, I asked the service manager for a sample of the oil. He looked at me funny, and asked why. I said I wanted to get a baseline sample for the truck, that I have done this on other cars as well. In fact it was Blackstone who notified me that some antifreeze was present in my Cherokee with 100K on the clock. They even called on the phone to let me know that it wasn't critical...that I could still drive the vehicle...but be aware there may be a leak. I added some stopleak to the antifreeze, and had another analysis done after 3000 miles...problem solved. I don't think the service manager was completely convinced, but did as I asked. This is my report...

Oh, and this was my 3rd oil change, the first at 5K, second at 15K, this at 25K.
Ford Maverick 98K Miles Blackstone Lab Oil Report Analysis (Maverick Hybrid) 1705791859692

Last edited:

Clark6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Buick GrandNational 1996 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would have gotten the same set of tires but they're a little pricey. I got something cheaper with a 50000 mile warranty.

BoBo If you got 100K miles out of same set of tires, I would be buying the same kind no matter the price... in fact let me see how much a set from Ford cost anyway . My truck has 33K so far on them they still look 90% Good.
OK I just looked at the dealer I bought the truck from the continentals like I have now are$708 for 4---- Michelins $908 with a $100 rebate.

Last edited:

shadow76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That would be nice. But unfortunately, it does not. However, the amount of the driving that is ICE, is one of several factors taken into consideration by the Oil Life Monitor.
I for one would like this claim confirmed by a Ford rep. Not that I think you’re throwing this out unilaterally, but I have not yet found this mentioned in the 500+ page owner’s manual.

shadow76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow I thought I didn't drive much but you win hands down. Mine will be in the garage for the next month or two Kentucky just salted all the roads when it got below freezing. It's amazing they can't mow the right of ways in the summer but can salt every road in 12 hours.
When visiting KY last month, read somewhere several states are backing off on right of way mowing to allow the growth of plants beneficial to pollinators, nesting birds and Monarch butterflies. Monarchs feed on milkweed pods which mature later in the summer.
Sponsored