First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just wondering if the trans that comes with the ecoboost is sealed or if it has a recommended interval for fluid change?
Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wondering if the trans that comes with the ecoboost is sealed or if it has a recommended interval for fluid change?
Sealed is maybe not the correct word. You won't find a dipstick readily available to check fluid color or level. Usually there is a little plug near where pan bolts to body of transmission with a very short dipstick attached. This also fill port. Really important to do at prescribed temperature.

Ford really wants to discourse do-it-yourselfers.

Unless this is important for you to maintain yourself just ask dealer next time in for any type of maintenance

The old manuals described how to change a tire, now they warn you not to drink the water in the battery.

Last edited:

Stevospeedo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W
NORMAL MAINTENANCE INTERVALS
At Every Oil Change Interval as Indicated by the Information Display
Inspect the automatic transmission fluid level, if applicable with dipstick. Consult your dealer for requirements.

Every 150,000 mi (240,000 km)
Change the automatic transmission fluid

SPECIAL OPERATING CONDITIONS SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE
Towing a Trailer or Using a Car-top Carrier
Every 30,000 mi (48,000 km)
Change automatic transmission fluid.

Extensive Idling or Low-speed Driving for Long Distances, as in Heavy Commercial Use (Such as Delivery, Taxi, Patrol Car or Livery)

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
NORMAL MAINTENANCE INTERVALS
At Every Oil Change Interval as Indicated by the Information Display
Inspect the automatic transmission fluid level, if applicable with dipstick. Consult your dealer for requirements.

Every 150,000 mi (240,000 km)
Change the automatic transmission fluid

SPECIAL OPERATING CONDITIONS SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE
Towing a Trailer or Using a Car-top Carrier

Extensive Idling or Low-speed Driving for Long Distances, as in Heavy Commercial Use (Such as Delivery, Taxi, Patrol Car or Livery)
Really a huge difference in change intervals.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really a huge difference in change intervals.
Yeah it really makes you think. This vehicle will be my daily driver and I do a lot of stop and go driving in dense suburbia. If the base is 150k, will my habits mean 75k would be better? I will probably keep this truck for the long term.

Thanks for the info Stevo!

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sealed is maybe not the correct word. You won't find a dipstick readily available to check fluid color or level. Usually there is a little plug near where pan bolts to body of transmission with a very short dipstick attached. This also fill port. Really important to do at prescribed temperature.

Ford really wants to discourse do-it-yourselfers.

Unless this is important for you to maintain yourself just ask dealer next time in for any type of maintenance

The old manuals described how to change a tire, now they warn you not to drink the water in the battery.
This is exactly what I wanted to know. The sad fact is that everything has been dumbed down. I don't have the vehicle yet so I don't have the manual but even if I did it's not clear if it would have this kind of information in it. Thanks for the information!

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is exactly what I wanted to know. The sad fact is that everything has been dumbed down. I don't have the vehicle yet so I don't have the manual but even if I did it's not clear if it would have this kind of information in it. Thanks for the information!
You could probably google a picture of this transmission. you may find exactly what you are looking for.

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You could probably google a picture of this transmission. you may find exactly what you are looking for.
What triggered my original question was a video showing the ecoboost. The oil dipstick was clearly visible but I couldn't see any trans fluid dipstick. I honestly never worried about trans fluid on any of our cars beyond making sure that they had some. Since my goal is to tow a small camper it suddenly became more important. I am not ever going to try to change the fluid myself but it's nice to be able to keep an eye on things.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What triggered my original question was a video showing the ecoboost. The oil dipstick was clearly visible but I couldn't see any trans fluid dipstick. I honestly never worried about trans fluid on any of our cars beyond making sure that they had some. Since my goal is to tow a small camper it suddenly became more important. I am not ever going to try to change the fluid myself but it's nice to be able to keep an eye on things.
I suspect some of the issue is current transmission fluid requirements. Some are specific to types of transmissions. No more going to Walmart and buying type F for your 2019 mustang.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I suspect some of the issue is current transmission fluid requirements. Some are specific to types of transmissions. No more going to Walmart and buying type F for your 2019 mustang.
Oil gets weirder every year as well. More stuff the dealer or my mechanic can worry about.

Jjj

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Google Maverick owner manual or go to ford.com

Attachments