First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Initially received an alert on my Ford pass app there was a recall to reprogram the integrated trailer relay module which said to wait for a letter of the recall notice. Received the letter yesterday and called for an appointment. They got me in next day with their Mobile service.

Ford Maverick 4K Tow Recall B4DED3FD-D651-4EA7-BED6-7752C43E69BF
Sponsored

ddhill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FYI - Several months ago, was told the 4k towing recall was "on hold" due to issues with the display (as in the gain adjustment would no longer show).

Late last week, I checked again, and they said it was 'off hold' and they could now order the part needed (used to be just a software update).

Now scheduled to get it in to be fixed. fingers crossed they have it right this time :)

Jeff klein

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My XLT AWD 4K Tow Maverick is due at the dealership this week. About two weeks ago it was showing the recall for the 4K tow. I already notified the dealer to fix before I pick it up.
When I look on Ford.com and the Ford App shows no recalls. Is Ford doing the recall electronically now.
Of course I will be asking when I get the call to pick it up. Just curious 😗
My XLT AWD 4K Tow Maverick is due at the dealership this week. About two weeks ago it was showing the recall for the 4K tow. I already notified the dealer to fix before I pick it up.
When I look on Ford.com and the Ford App shows no recalls. Is Ford doing the recall electronically now.

The recall for my Maverick in regard to trailer brakes and running lights not working was they said the some of the wiring to the plug was missing. I took it in, and they said the wires were there and the simulator showed it was working-not the case. I took it back and they found that the 5-pin plug adapter (left side of plug) does not have pins that plug into adapter. Another words the wiring to the plug is wrong. It works fine on all other trucks. The problem has been identified and they are notifying the regional ford engineer. The work around may be to take a plug from an F250 and rewire that so the standard universal adapter trailer plug will work. Ford has not adapter for the existing trailer plug.

Azmkat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just had my recall done onsite this week, poor tech was in 110 heat only to NOT find the correct wiring also (at least he was in the shade). Took him just under 4 hours because he was on the phone with factory reps trying to figure out how to rewire it, then document for Ford so they can streamline the repair.

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just had my recall done onsite this week, poor tech was in 110 heat only to NOT find the correct wiring also (at least he was in the shade). Took him just under 4 hours because he was on the phone with factory reps trying to figure out how to rewire it, then document for Ford so they can streamline the repair.
Wow that's insane. So what's the next step for you, do they have to come back and do the actual patch?

Sponsored

Azmkat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford authorized the tech to take power from another source in the gang connection box (under the air filter). So now it's testing good to the rear connection.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost