Sponsored

4K Tow Package Part Numbers?

BobbyJoe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-max Hybrid, 2022 Maverick, 2.0 EB Lariat.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer (Diamond Ford in Palmdale) really messed up my order. I would not recommend ordering anything through them. Luckily I'm a certified, experienced mechanic. I get to do the 4K tow package myself since they didn't add it to my Maverick package last year and don't seem to be able to get me a quote to add it not. I have the fully loaded Lariat, Off Road Echoboost 2.0 AWD. Does anyone know the part numbers for the radiator, aux trans filter, and other parts Ford uses for the 4K package. I found the heavier duty radiator fan part number on here, thanks.
Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First off the radiators from what I understand are different aka 4K and 4K with FX4. So with that said depending whether you already have the FX4 package find a VIN number on a site like edmunds or such that is the same trim level, options as your truck and also has the 4k tow package. You can use that vin number to hunt down the exact part numbers for the 4k tow package parts online or at the dealer.

Last edited:

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You'll also want to spend $20 or so for 72 hour access to the shop manual for all the wiring diagrams and cooler line hookup including part numbers .If you also install the integrated brake controller plus use forscan or if you have access to ford ids software to program the parameters for it. You can get the as built data using the same vin you use for parts to copy the factory shipped settings sans the your trucks vin number into the module.

Last edited:

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Assuming you don't want to upgrade the tires and keep away from changing the gear ratio on the rear the base parts needed according to Ford's website are the following.

Trailer hitch receiver with the 7 pin connector. It should already have the 4 pin connector, if not make sure it has both the 4 and 7 pin connectors with the hitch.

Transmission cooler and lines.

Upgraded high capacity radiator - make sure you get the one that also pairs with the FX4 package if you have it installed.

Upgraded cooling fan - fan should be the same for 4k with or without FX4 also installed

integrated brake controller.

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The rear suspension and rear end gears are also different between the 4k and FX4 without 4k.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BobbyJoe

BobbyJoe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for all the info and s**t this is gonna be a project. I really really hate Diamond Ford now...

Smooth_criminal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 ford f100, 2022 Ford Maverick ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for all the info and s**t this is gonna be a project. I really really hate Diamond Ford now...
I would think the parts alone would be a few thousand dollars not including downtime of not having the truck functional.

Wouldn't it be easier to just reorder one or trade from another dealership and probably make a little profit on the trade value.

OP
OP
BobbyJoe

BobbyJoe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually that's what I'm thinking now.

OP
OP
BobbyJoe

BobbyJoe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, no two kit available to order, don't see any Lariat with a tow package with in 100 miles.
So The standard transaxle is the NZ6Z-7000-B $2953.43 $1000.00 Core
The tow transaxle is NZ6Z-7000-D. $3048.00 $1000.00 Core.
But may be a little less form your dealer. So I figure maybe since the dealer messes up on my order they'll throw in a belter labor rate if I have them install it and that way the core will be deducted right there, have like 2500 miles on my Lariat. If not the weight is 110 Lbs. so it's pretty light. Have the info on all the other parts looking at any electronic changes if I can find the info on it. That would be the only hold up. We'll see.

Canada Goose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tow hooks can not simply be bolted on with the same functionality. Details are in this Youtube vid.

Sponsored

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Even if you could get and afford all the parts and labor to make it 4k capable, the truck would still not be rated for that from the factory and would be a big liability if you were in an accident that was litigated. Why not just trade up and avoid all of this?

OP
OP
BobbyJoe

BobbyJoe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is no way to trade up in Maverick. You can't even order the 4K tow kit right now and they don't know when you'll be able to. I'm a Stare of Nevada Certified Heavy Duty Repairman and Welder and have been since 1987. I've been doing all types of modifications legally to all kinds of vehicles and trailers since then. Not near the liability to me as a back yard mechanic. If you've priced trucks here in California you'll notice 10 to 15K asking price of more than the sticker price on them, and they won't come down very far. So going to a Ranger is not for me. You cannot simply buy out of state either. You'll spend a lot more money registering an out of state. That's why in a few years when I retire I'm headed north, out of California as fast as I can go.

OP
OP
BobbyJoe

BobbyJoe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking for part numbers. Want to keep it Ford as much as possible fool.
Sponsored