Sponsored

Hope4jsl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux Ecoboost
They have 4 Mavericks at the TX fair total. There is one Velocity blue inside behind barriers (you can’t sit in it or get close to it).
They also have 3 outside that you can sit in and check out. Two hybrids and a ecoboost They aren’t powered on at all. The colors of the ones outside are velocity blue, area 51 , and silver. They have a bronco sport inside in the Alto blue color if you want to see that color in person.

Some things I noticed..
1. They don’t keep the ones outside very clean. The insides are filthy also.
2. The inside seems very roomy to me. The interior feels just as spacious and more modern that the ranger. Just sits lower than the ranger.
3. The lariat “active-X” seats are most certainly brown and navy blue. Very unusual, but it’s different, and I like it. Although the seat material is not as nice as I had hoped. I don’t think it will ever be confused with real leather. They aren’t terrible or anything, just not as great as I had hoped. I’m spoiled to keyless start, so I’m stuck with the lariat trim.
4. The cloth seats in the XLT are really nice. I think I actually preferred them to the active-x seats. Like I said, if I didn’t want some of the other features in the laroat, I might switch to XLT.
5. All the wheels they have looked really nice.
6. Velocity blue is very bright in person and in the sun. Alto blue is really dark, but nice. It actually has some green in the color in person.
7. The reps outside made sure and tell everyone that those were “pre-production” units. They said they had to work hard to get them there for everybody to see. Not really sure that anything much will have changed since the pre-production units.

I will upload a few pictures later…
Sponsored

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester

Video from the fair. It shows the Mavericks on display.

The guy that posted it mentioned that is odd that Ford had no representative present to answer media questions despite all the new models that Ford has coming out this year.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ah bummer, looks like its a Dallas only event, bit of a far drive. I don't think Houston has a big autoshow until late January.

Sponsored

Jlemke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone grab any pics of the bronco? Would love to see more pics of the alto blue

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Hybrid...MPG ? on any of those window stickers????

Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Glad I chose velocity blue. It looks good and it's not another white/black/gray color like two thirds of all cars.
I kind of wish I would have kept the Blue also but I didn't(I mean my wife decided) for the Carbonized Gray...Since it looks good on Mustangs lol I can't change my XL since it's in production

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like they left the XL at home. Glad to see they brought some, 3, outdoors for us to get into and play with. I'll be making a few stops at the Fair and make sure to get some time with the Mavs.

TexasMaverick88

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro
went to the state fair today to check out the Mavericks:
Point to make:
1. If your going make sure to grab your free water bottle and hat.
Ford Maverick 4 Mavericks on display at TX State Fair Auto Show - Impressions & Pics image

fyi the free water bottle does not fit in the side cubby in the door 😂
2. I sat in a ranger, maverick, frontier and the Colorado. The maverick was my favorite to sit in the frontier is Roomie but the Colorado and Ranger felt stuffy. I could be bias but who knows.
3. if you wondering what the back center console looks like without a lux package. It’s just one 12v port only ( No usb)
4. If you on the fence on whether to get the XLT luxury package I say go for it, I’m upgrading my order after see all the extras today.
5. Under the cab is covered so I couldn’t tell if there is a spot to attach aftermarket tow hooks.
6. For you car guru out there here the cars I know are off interest right now:
1. Maverick 3 you can climb inside one to just look at
2. F150 lighting looking only
3. New Escape
4. 3 Broncos Area 51, dark green and I think gray (both 4 door and 2) you can get in them
5. Branco sport
6. Ranger tremor
7. Colorado ZR2 new
8. New Frontier
9. Mach E mustang you can get in it

TexasMaverick88

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro
Point to make:
image.jpg

2. I sat in a ranger, maverick, frontier and the Colorado. The maverick was my favorite to sit in the frontier is Roomie but the Colorado and Ranger felt stuffy. I could be bias but who knows.
3. if you wondering what the back center console looks like without a lux package. It’s just one 12v port only ( No usb)
4. If you on the fence on whether to get the XLT luxury package I say go for it, I’m upgrading my order after see all the extras today.
5. Under the cab is covered so I couldn’t tell if there is a spot to attach aftermarket tow hooks.
3. New Escape
4. 3 Broncos Area 51, dark green and I think gray (both 4 door and 2) you can get in them
5. Branco sport
6. Ranger tremor
7. Colorado ZR2 new
8. New Frontier
Ford Maverick 4 Mavericks on display at TX State Fair Auto Show - Impressions & Pics 60AEAB3A-0B5F-4040-B4DE-81DBAC63F379

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Point to make:
image.jpg

3. New Escape
5. Branco sport
6. Ranger tremor
7. Colorado ZR2 new
8. New Frontier
Great info, thanks!

The water bottle won’t fit in the door! Hahahaha. I’ve said it many times, the whole bottle marketing gimmick is a joke.
Sponsored