First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well the Austin Auto show is this weekend and I am hoping to finally sit in a Maverick and see what I think. I am hoping that they have at least one of each trim and at least one of each engines since I am curious how different the back seat feels with that 1" less legroom in the Hybrid. The show seems like it will be missing some of the normal ones ones that have been there in the past. No Honda, no Lexus, only Chevy from GM, are some of the ones I remember when I looked recently.
Sponsored

Kameron512

First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick lariat hybrid lux cp360
I'm too going this weekend, I'm pretty sure they will have a few. I went to the San Antonio show last yr and they had a few but all were locked. If your dealer hasn't contacted you to see one, you have a crappy dealer. My dealer called me and even let me test drive a Lariat.

OP
OP

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm too going this weekend, I'm pretty sure they will have a few. I went to the San Antonio show last yr and they had a few but all were locked. If your dealer hasn't contacted you to see one, you have a crappy dealer. My dealer called me and even let me test drive a Lariat.
When does SA normally have their auto show?

I have not gone out of my way to try to get in one, some of the first on the ground that I saw at a dealer the sales guy that met me outside when I was looking was like 'these are sold' and I didn't press it. Since I am not looking to purchase till next year I have not checked with a dealer etc. If I like it as well as I hope I I do, I will probably get more aggressive about trying to get a test drive in this summer and when orders open back up try to place an order then.

Kameron512

First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When does SA normally have their auto show?

I have not gone out of my way to try to get in one, some of the first on the ground that I saw at a dealer the sales guy that met me outside when I was looking was like 'these are sold' and I didn't press it. Since I am not looking to purchase till next year I have not checked with a dealer etc. If I like it as well as I hope I I do, I will probably get more aggressive about trying to get a test drive in this summer and when orders open back up try to place an order then.
I believe it was around November, and I didn't realize you didn't have one order sorry. But yes let's hope we can play around at least one this weekend. And the SA show was SPARSE also kinda sad to see. But for 6 bucks it's a good way to kill a couple of hours. When I test drove one it was bigger and roomier than expected.

OP
OP

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe it was around November, and I didn't realize you didn't have one order sorry. But yes let's hope we can play around at least one this weekend. And the SA show was SPARSE also kinda sad to see. But for 6 bucks it's a good way to kill a couple of hours. When I test drove one it was bigger and roomier than expected.
Thanks for the input, I keep seeing/reading it is bigger roomer than expected and that is what I am hoping it feels like to me.

When I am buying something I always sit behind myself to see how it feels because I plan to have people regularly in the back seat.

I currently have a 2014 Nissan Rogue so I think as long as it matches that inside I will feel good about it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well this show was a big disappointment in general, with less MFR's than normal. I get it with low inventory everyone is experiencing, but the thing that got me the most was the Maverick. hey had 2 and they were on display tables and locked. This was 90% of the reason I went. Not many people looking at them either, I assume because they were not accessible.

They did have the lightning there which was nice to see, and of course blocked off. The frunk was a little smaller than expected.

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The State Fair had several, and both engines. The Dallas auto show last month only had one (an XLT) and I can't remember which engine. Maybe you'll get lucky and they will have more than one, but I bet the set of vehicles is pretty standard from show to show.

Kameron512

First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well this show was a big disappointment in general, with less MFR's than normal. I get it with low inventory everyone is experiencing, but the thing that got me the most was the Maverick. hey had 2 and they were on display tables and locked. This was 90% of the reason I went. Not many people looking at them either, I assume because they were not accessible.

They did have the lightning there which was nice to see, and of course blocked off. The frunk was a little smaller than expected.
I went Sunday and man, it was sad to say the least no one was there. Shame the Mavericks where in stages, but it was nice to see the XLT with the doors open. I'm glad I went because I got to see what VB looked like in person and I'm glad I went with that color it was beautiful. But big names were missing I overheard Toyota saying the reason why they didn't have all the models was because there were other auto shows across the country and they were spread thin. I agree it was nice to see a lighting in person and boy that thing is going to sell like hot cakes.

OP
OP

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went Sunday and man, it was sad to say the least no one was there. Shame the Mavericks where in stages, but it was nice to see the XLT with the doors open. I'm glad I went because I got to see what VB looked like in person and I'm glad I went with that color it was beautiful. But big names were missing I overheard Toyota saying the reason why they didn't have all the models was because there were other auto shows across the country and they were spread thin. I agree it was nice to see a lighting in person and boy that thing is going to sell like hot cakes.
Yeah I figured that was the case..... I am sure I will see it at some point in the near future. I was surprised at how much I liked VB in person, it looked really good!

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last year on September 30th I went to the State Fair of Texas in Dallas. They had three Mavericks outside that you could sit in. Two were XLT's and one was a Lariat. They also had one inside but it was on a pedestal and roped off.

Thread is here with lots of pictures and impressions

4 Mavericks on display at TX State Fair Auto Show - Impressions & Pics

This link about the Mavericks at the State Fair has more pictures and impressions (mine included)

TX State Fair Auto Show

Last edited:
Sponsored

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Connect, if you ever go to houston on business send me a note and you can test fit and drive mine. i go to COTA regularly but never in my maverick.

OP
OP

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid