Sponsored

355 days later, my truck has finally been built.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
I heard they blackball pests.

No, seriously, enjoy your truck!

I'm still not that happy or confident yet. I won't celebrate for joy until after I pay and it's sitting in my driveway. I made a LOT of calls this past year to my dealership, the Ford Customer line, the complaint line, and sent lots of messages to Ford Chat, Fords official Facebook page, their Instagram, Twitter, random emails I found online, and LinkedIn accounts. And a lot have wrote back to me. I was being a pest because I was pissed. There probably isn't a bigger Ford Maverick customer in the world more deserving to be an angry pest than me. There are guys that ordered a Maverick in January and February that are already driving their Mavericks. There is no excuse for someone that ordered June 10th to not even have theirs yet.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mite-o-Dan

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is on a train somewhere in North America, on its way to Maryland. Which dealer are you with? I'm up in Harford County and ordered through Plaza Ford.
When did yours get built or shipped out? I'm I'm in Upper Marlboro. Basically between Washington DC, Annapolis, and Waldorf. Although I'm surrounded by highly populated areas, the dealership itself is in a very small town, tucked away, and easy to miss and has one of the smallest lots I've ever seen a dealership have.

MaineMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150
I was. Others from my dealership are still getting rolled over. I was one of the lucky ones because stated in another comment...I contacted and bitched to EVERYONE every week since January. Eventually, my dealerships got more allocations. I was the very first person at my dealership to order a Maverick, so I was one of the lucky ones. There are still others that ordered in the fall getting rolled over. The rest of America will get notified about getting rolled over probably within the next 45 days.

But also, in a way, I was still partially rolled over. I won't get my Maverick until July at the earliest. The year is half over and that's only a few months away from when new model years of other vehicles usually get in. If I had to wait another month, I would WANT to get rolled over.
I doubt it. Ford cut off ordering for a reason.

OP
OP
Mite-o-Dan

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I doubt it. Ford cut off ordering for a reason.
They didn't do it soon enough. Look how many Mavericks had been made so far. Such a tiny amount. Such a tiny amount for such a popular cheap truck people are going crazy for that wasn't just bringing in truck buyers, but first time truck buyers, and Ford isn't even on pace to build 1/3 the amount of trucks that other manufacturers build a year for their popular vehicles. Now I know of the supply chain issues and all companies making less now...but that doesn't mean that many less were ordered. There are still tens and tens of thousands of orders our there. 100k open orders wouldn't even be crazy. Hell, Ford said they had that many reservations alone by the end of August. Once you see the new May production numbers soon, and how little they are again, you'll see.

I'm willing to bet at LEAST 15% of total Maverick orders get rolled over. That's probably over half of those that haven't been scheduled yet.

But also at this point, if you don't get scheduled by the end of June, you should WANT to get rolled over. Let's say you get a scheduling notice the beginning of July. Your truck gets built and maybe shipped the beginning of August. If you're lucky, you get a 2022 sometime in September. A 2022 in September of 2022? Screw that. Id much rather have a 2023 in December of 2022 or even Jan or Fed of 2023.

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford greatly underestimated the demand for the maverick especially the hybrid. And then how many would add on the lux, 360, etc optional packages. The budget xl for them interested like me but then upgraded to pricier versions.

They still want the F150 to be the money maker. But the maverick will be still be printing money for them if they can keep up with demand and as they become not common people realize they can have a truck instead of a car without sacrificing mpg or parking and garage limitations of a bigger pickup.

Sponsored

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just under a month. It bothered me for a while. But once you get the In Production notice and window sticker, the truck usually gets built a week later, and then a week after that, you get a built or shipping notice. Basically one month after your In Production notice.
Thanks, that is the timeline I needed

AndrewinMD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When did yours get built or shipped out? I'm I'm in Upper Marlboro. Basically between Washington DC, Annapolis, and Waldorf. Although I'm surrounded by highly populated areas, the dealership itself is in a very small town, tucked away, and easy to miss and has one of the smallest lots I've ever seen a dealership have.
Mine was built on 2 May and shipped right at the same time, according to the emails and tracker. Delivery is scheduled 7-11 June, but I have no idea if that's going to happen at this point.

OP
OP
Mite-o-Dan

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was built on 2 May and shipped right at the same time, according to the emails and tracker. Delivery is scheduled 7-11 June, but I have no idea if that's going to happen at this point.
Seems about right. 6 weeks is about average. For a long time 2 months was the average from time of build. You should get it by mid to end of June for sure. I would hope.

BEXXX

First Name
BEX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Mine is on a train somewhere in North America, on its way to Maryland. Which dealer are you with? I'm up in Harford County and ordered through Plaza Ford.
Mine is also going to Plaza Ford. Got shipping notice on 5/7 and waiting for it to arrive. Are you expecting any problems with Plaza? So far they seem to be OK but I'm dreading the process.

millertyme15

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano, Chrysler 200, Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure I'm the longest waiting 2022 Maverick orderer left in America. Others I knew that ordered the same day or one day prior, the first day possible to be Confirmed, all recieved their trucks long ago. Projected to recieve my truck in Maryland roughly 13 months from the time of order.

All there is left to do...practice the very long and angry speech(threats) I'm going to say if they add on a mark-up.

Screenshot_20220601-114646_Chrome.jpg
I may beat that or tie you, unfortunately. Ordered 07/09/21. Schedule to be built date week of June 6. I figured once this thing hits my driveway, I will be past 1 year as well.

Sponsored

AndrewinMD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is also going to Plaza Ford. Got shipping notice on 5/7 and waiting for it to arrive. Are you expecting any problems with Plaza? So far they seem to be OK but I'm dreading the process.
No, I'm not. I've been using them for over 12 years now since I bought a Fusion way back when. My salesman has been pretty upfront about everything, and I don't think they'll pull anything. I've had good luck with their service department over the years, too.

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

After reading all the statements that your truck was NOT going to be built, I am just glad it was and is on the way - I hope the dealer shoots straight and you get to enjoy your new truck...
Ever since I joined the Maverick Truck Club, I have been amazed with what so many of you have had to go through to get your Mavericks. I really lucked out and bought my used ā€˜newā€™ CO XLT Maverick with 666 miles at signing. Apparently, someone ordered my truck from another dealership but after driving it a bit turned it back in. Maybe they didnā€™t like the color (CO isnā€™t for everyone), I donā€™t know. Whatever the reason, it made it possible for me to do a deal and drive it home. It had BAP, AWD, Sprayed in bed liner, 2.0L Ecobeast, and trailer hitch receiver. Iā€™ve since added window tinting, seat covers, knob accents, tailgate assist, hood struts, catch can, retractable bed cover, Napa leather steering wheel cover, LED front signal and cargo/brake lights, console vault (that was free from the dealership), tailgate lettering and cargo nets.

Ford Maverick 355 days later, my truck has finally been built. IMG_0151

Ford Maverick 355 days later, my truck has finally been built. IMG_0139

Ford Maverick 355 days later, my truck has finally been built. IMG_0119

Ford Maverick 355 days later, my truck has finally been built. IMG_0118

Ford Maverick 355 days later, my truck has finally been built. IMG_0078

Ford Maverick 355 days later, my truck has finally been built. IMG_0073

Ford Maverick 355 days later, my truck has finally been built. IMG_0076

Ford Maverick 355 days later, my truck has finally been built. IMG_0054

Ford Maverick 355 days later, my truck has finally been built. IMG_0053

Ford Maverick 355 days later, my truck has finally been built. IMG_1089

OP
OP
Mite-o-Dan

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ever since I joined the Maverick Truck Club, I have been amazed with what so many of you have had to go through to get your Mavericks. I really lucked out and bought my used ā€˜newā€™ CO XLT Maverick with 666 miles at signing. Apparently, someone ordered my truck from another dealership but after driving it a bit turned it back in. Maybe they didnā€™t like the color (CO isnā€™t for everyone), I donā€™t know. Whatever the reason, it made it possible for me to do a deal and drive it home. It had BAP, AWD, Sprayed in bed liner, 2.0L Ecobeast, and trailer hitch receiver. Iā€™ve since added window tinting, seat covers, knob accents, tailgate assist, hood struts, catch can, retractable bed cover, Napa leather steering wheel cover, LED front signal and cargo/brake lights, console vault (that was free from the dealership), tailgate lettering and cargo nets.

IMG_0151.jpeg

IMG_0139.jpeg

IMG_0119.jpeg

IMG_0118.jpeg

IMG_0078.jpeg

IMG_0073.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0054.jpeg

IMG_0053.jpeg

IMG_1089.jpeg
Looks great. Mine is Cyber Orange too. I ordered the side and hood stripes from the Ford site. Nearly a year of ownership later, I still get compliments and questions on it all the same.
I ordered mine way back on June 10th 2021. Final wait time was 410 days. For awhile, I had the second longest wait in the country. I was mad for a long time, but ever since I had I've felt extremely lucky. Hell, last month, Carvana offered me 7k over the MSRP I paid. Would have been a 4k profit...even after 7000 miles. But I'm not selling. It's perfect. Nothing else I'd want.

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great. Mine is Cyber Orange too. I ordered the side and hood stripes from the Ford site. Nearly a year of ownership later, I still get compliments and questions on it all the same.
I ordered mine way back on June 10th 2021. Final wait time was 410 days. For awhile, I had the second longest wait in the country. I was mad for a long time, but ever since I had I've felt extremely lucky. Hell, last month, Carvana offered me 7k over the MSRP I paid. Would have been a 4k profit...even after 7000 miles. But I'm not selling. It's perfect. Nothing else I'd want.
That is very good to hear! :) We ordered ours Oct 23, 2021 and was getting very discouraged this spring. But we finally won the lottery in April and was awarded a VIN, although we're still awaiting delivery.

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

IMG_0151.jpeg

IMG_0139.jpeg

IMG_0119.jpeg

IMG_0118.jpeg

IMG_0078.jpeg

IMG_0073.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0054.jpeg

IMG_0053.jpeg

IMG_1089.jpeg
Iā€™ve only had mine for 2 months and couldnā€™t be happier with my decision to buy even though the price was high $41,500!!! That was the bad news. The good news is that they gave me $21,500 for my paid off Corolla so that knocked off $21,500 right off the top. I wound up financing $18,765! The cool thing? I only paid a little over$22,000 for the Corolla! Best car deal Iā€™ve ever made in buying 26 vehicles! šŸ˜ Like you, I smile every time I get in to drive somewhere!

Ford Maverick 355 days later, my truck has finally been built. IMG_0114
Sponsored