Sponsored

355 days later, my truck has finally been built.

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure I'm the longest waiting 2022 Maverick orderer left in America. Others I knew that ordered the same day or one day prior, the first day possible to be Confirmed, all recieved their trucks long ago. Projected to recieve my truck in Maryland roughly 13 months from the time of order.

All there is left to do...practice the very long and angry speech(threats) I'm going to say if they add on a mark-up.

Ford Maverick 355 days later, my truck has finally been built. Screenshot_20220601-114646_Chrome
Sponsored

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure I'm the longest waiting 2022 Maverick orderer left in America. Others I knew that ordered the same day or one day prior, the first day possible to be Confirmed, all recieved their trucks long ago. Projected to recieve my truck in Maryland roughly 13 months from the time of order.

All there is left to do...practice the very long and angry speech(threats) I'm going to say if they add on a mark-up.

Screenshot_20220601-114646_Chrome.jpg
After reading all the statements that your truck was NOT going to be built, I am just glad it was and is on the way - I hope the dealer shoots straight and you get to enjoy your new truck...

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats!!! I've only been here since Oct but I remember you patiently seething with the rest of us :)

MaineMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150
Congrats!!! I've only been here since Oct but I remember you patiently seething with the rest of us :)
I seem to remember someone being adamant that their order was being pushed to a 2023........once again, don't believe a word that comes out of your salesman's mouth.

You know how to tell when a car salesman is lying? Their mouth is moving.....

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope you get your truck with no problems and don't have to give that speech.

I'm guessing you didn't get a signed agreement when you ordered the truck and the dealer either refused to sign one later or you never asked them to. A lot of people in that situation have gotten their trucks without any problem so there's a decent chance you will too.

On the brighter side (and despite what your dealer told you) your order didn't get rolled over to 2023 so at least you won't have to go through all this again.

Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congratulations! You're in the stretch run now. Hope the dealer transaction goes smooth for ya!

UncleDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
Nope I too have a 6/10 order, just got the window sticker today.

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How long was yours marked as "In production" before your production date appeared below it? Mine as been in production since last Thursday but I still don't have a production or build date listed.

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered June 19 and received confirmation email from Ford 6/23 for a fairly well loaded Lariat Hybrid. A few weeks ago I called Ford and they told me it would be built week of June 13. I notified dealer who did not have a clue about this, just like he has had no clue about anything since the order date. He checked and said the truck should be built 6/17, basically a year after order date. However, I will believe it when I see it.

OP
OP
Mite-o-Dan

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After reading all the statements that your truck was NOT going to be built, I am just glad it was and is on the way - I hope the dealer shoots straight and you get to enjoy your new truck...
I'm still not that happy or confident yet. I won't celebrate for joy until after I pay and it's sitting in my driveway. I made a LOT of calls this past year to my dealership, the Ford Customer line, the complaint line, and sent lots of messages to Ford Chat, Fords official Facebook page, their Instagram, Twitter, random emails I found online, and LinkedIn accounts. And a lot have wrote back to me. I was being a pest because I was pissed. There probably isn't a bigger Ford Maverick customer in the world more deserving to be an angry pest than me. There are guys that ordered a Maverick in January and February that are already driving their Mavericks. There is no excuse for someone that ordered June 10th to not even have theirs yet.

Sponsored

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered June 19 and received confirmation email from Ford 6/23 for a fairly well loaded Lariat Hybrid. A few weeks ago I called Ford and they told me it would be built week of June 13. I notified dealer who did not have a clue about this, just like he has had no clue about anything since the order date. He checked and said the truck should be built 6/17, basically a year after order date. However, I will believe it when I see it.
June 24 confirmation. No build date yet.

Called Ford Customer Service this morning. They gave me a VIN and a 7/25 build week. The build on their web site does not list the luxury pkg. I have a call into the dealer regarding that as they have it on the build sheet I signed. I need my heated seats!

Last edited:

AndrewinMD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is on a train somewhere in North America, on its way to Maryland. Which dealer are you with? I'm up in Harford County and ordered through Plaza Ford.

OP
OP
Mite-o-Dan

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I seem to remember someone being adamant that their order was being pushed to a 2023........once again, don't believe a word that comes out of your salesman's mouth.

You know how to tell when a car salesman is lying? Their mouth is moving.....
I was. Others from my dealership are still getting rolled over. I was one of the lucky ones because stated in another comment...I contacted and bitched to EVERYONE every week since January. Eventually, my dealerships got more allocations. I was the very first person at my dealership to order a Maverick, so I was one of the lucky ones. There are still others that ordered in the fall getting rolled over. The rest of America will get notified about getting rolled over probably within the next 45 days.

But also, in a way, I was still partially rolled over. I won't get my Maverick until July at the earliest. The year is half over and that's only a few months away from when new model years of other vehicles usually get in. If I had to wait another month, I would WANT to get rolled over.

OP
OP
Mite-o-Dan

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope I too have a 6/10 order, just got the window sticker today.
Wow. Guess I'm number 2 then. At least you'll have a lot of fighting power if they try to charge you extra considering how long you waited. Hopefully you at least got $100 Ford bucks of whatever. I was never even offered that. Let me guess...Lux, or hybrid with just 2 or 3 features, one had restraints and you ordered from a small dealership?

OP
OP
Mite-o-Dan

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How long was yours marked as "In production" before your production date appeared below it? Mine as been in production since last Thursday but I still don't have a production or build date listed.
Just under a month. It bothered me for a while. But once you get the In Production notice and window sticker, the truck usually gets built a week later, and then a week after that, you get a built or shipping notice. Basically one month after your In Production notice.
Sponsored