First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Shelby
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before anyone ask 26.5 mpg is what I got hauling a 820 lb. Goldwing on an Aluma MC10 motorcycle trailer that weighs 400 lbs for 180 miles. The Maverick on the road gets 30 to 31 mpg with 26 to 27 around town.

1) Concerning the hood shake issue I tried the paper between the hood and the rubber weatherstrip under the hood.
Paper slides out like there is no pressure on the hood from the weatherstripping.

2) I bought the Truxedo top for the Maverick. For what it cost I'm very pleased. Shipping took 7 days.

3) I bought the Ford Tailgate dampner. Greatest thing ever for a tailgate.
I think it's a rip off because it can only be had from Ford and not DeeZee the company that made it.

4) The Ford swing out tool box is nice. I like it.

5) What can I say about the Steeda brace except, I have one on my Shelby GT350 so it's on the Maverick.

6) My Shelby came with satin finished wheels but being a "what can shine will shine guy" the Shelby wheels are shiny. I like that about the Maverick wheels.

SBB

Ford Maverick 3000 miles on the Maverick! Shelby wheel 1 - Copy

Ford Maverick 3000 miles on the Maverick! Shelby on Commander

Last edited:

Doug Wildman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What does the Steeda brace do? Where did you get the MAVERICK lettering? That’s the first I’ve seen outside of the stamping.

OP
OP

SBB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Shelby
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick is almost complete.
Except for whatever you guys deem "must have" except for the rubber bed mat.What the heck, a truck can be built but I can't get a rubber mat for the bed. Anyone else with this issue?

SBB

OP
OP

SBB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Shelby
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Steeda Brace is suppose to stiften up the front end. Does it work, not sure yet?

The pinstriping on the tailgate was done by a local (Charlotte NC) pinstriper. I was worried about it lasting but it's been on for almost two months and a bunch of washing.

SBB

Sponsored

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before anyone ask 26.5 mpg is what I got hauling a 820 lb. Goldwing on an Aluma MC10 that weighs 400 lbs for 180 miles. The Maverick on the road gets 30 to 31 mpg with 26 to 27 around town.
I don't know how you're doing it. Do you run premium gas? I been using 87 octane and I get 23 mpg around town and 26 on the highway. That's my actual calculated mileage, not what the truck's display shows which is always about 1 mpg more than I really get.

OP
OP

SBB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Shelby
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know how you're doing it. Do you run premium gas? I been using 87 octane and I get 23 mpg around town and 26 on the highway. That's my actual calculated mileage, not what the truck's display shows which is always about 1 mpg more than I really get.

Anton I'm driving 45 miles to work so it's 90 miles daily round trip. That trip is 98% highway miles on cruise. When the limit is 70, I'm on cruise at 73, when the limit is 65, I'm on cruise at 68. If anything I'm a consistant driver.

The gas is usually Costco or Murphy 87. I do believe I got a crappy tank of gas at a Quick Trip because the mileage went down approx 2 miles per gallon on that tank, then I filled up again and all was better.

My goal was getting at least 25 mpg hauling one of the Harleys or the Goldwing. I got 26.5 so all is well. When I drove to pick up the Wing I took a bike trailer on the Aluma trailer that was loaded full. Mileage was 27.8 mpg.

SBB

Ford Maverick 3000 miles on the Maverick! blue bikes on drive

Ford Maverick 3000 miles on the Maverick! Maverick pulling Aluma

Last edited:

FE Hyb. 710

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Another factor is that the gasoline dispenser could be off by a couple of tenths of a gallon. So it might read that you pumped 20 gallons, but you actually pumped 19.5, or vice versa. Where I live (Pennsylvania) a state agency will check dispensers every so often for accuracy, and if the dispenser is too far off(less than it should be, they don't care if it is pumping more than reads), then the station has to get the dispenser recalibrated within a certain amount of time. That is something to keep in mind if you are calculating your gas mileage by using the dispenser reading. I don't know how accurate the car display is, but the manufacturers claim they are very accurate. Also, I noticed that my gas mileage goes down when the weather gets colder.

Bayview boy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caravan, Envoy, Focus
Except for whatever you guys deem "must have" except for the rubber bed mat.What the heck, a truck can be built but I can't get a rubber mat for the bed. Anyone else with this issue?

SBB
Yes, the same here. I deleted the rubber mat awhile ago. Then I received a build date the next week. Since then, I'm on my third different build week. Received an email from Ford on Sunday, new build week of December 13th.

GAMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, the same here. I deleted the rubber mat awhile ago. Then I received a build date the next week. Since then, I'm on my third different build week. Received an email from Ford on Sunday, new build week of December 13th.
Same experience on build weeks. Got an email at 12:02 AM Sunday morning changing Dec 6th to the 13th. Started out at Nov. 22.

Sponsored

Kennetha63

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2PA. Hyundai Sonata, 2013 Dodge Challenger SXT,
2022 Ford Maverick ordered on June 18th, took delivery Oct 19th. It has 1800 miles on it now. XL AWD, I put rims, tonneau cover, and line-x bedliner in it.

Ford Maverick 3000 miles on the Maverick! 20211126_162851

Ford Maverick 3000 miles on the Maverick! 20211126_162828

Ford Maverick 3000 miles on the Maverick! 20211126_162757

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My goal was getting at least 25 mpg hauling one of the Harleys or the Goldwing. I got 26.5 so all is well. When I drove to pick up the Wing I took a bike trailer on the Aluma trailer that was loaded full. Mileage was 27.8 mpg.
I have a Goldwing trike and a Valkyrie. I'll be trailering the Valkyrie from NY to FL in February for a week of riding. It would be nice to get the mpg that you're getting. Hopefully I'll be able to do a bit better than I am now.

Reactions: SBB

Coachman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anton I'm driving 45 miles to work so it's 90 miles daily round trip. That trip is 98% highway miles on cruise. When the limit is 70, I'm on cruise at 73, when the limit is 65, I'm on cruise at 68. If anything I'm a consistant driver.

The gas is usually Costco or Murphy 87. I do believe I got a crappy tank of gas at a Quick Trip because the mileage went down approx 2 miles per gallon on that tank, then I filled up again and all was better.

SBB

blue bikes on drive.jpg

Maverick pulling Aluma.jpg
As a Harley rider for many years, gas brands have always been important to me. Shell or BP premium only. Just my personal belief.

angieh101

First Name
angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge journey

SBB
I went to a tractor supply and bought a stall mat 4x6 and trimmed it for $50.00 its a little thick but it looks nice! beats paying $200 +
Sponsored