First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apples to oranges. Your Maverick Hybrid will be like the escape. The Ecoboost will be closer to Bronco Sport. Could you talk to dealer about passing on hybrid and getting dibs on a passed over Ecoboost?

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick, '17 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the Bronco Sports, but you have to get a Badlands or above in order to get the 2.0 EB. You're then pushing $40k and above with a few options. Pretty sure I wouldn't be happy with the 1.5.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. I thought that initially. However, the the BS OB I test drove had a 1.5L Turbo pushing 181 hp and didn't seem to want for much. The Mav Hybrid is only 162 HP, and the weigh comparison does not favor the Ma Hybrid.

Bronco Sport Mav Hybrid
Curb weight
3,467 lb.
Curb weight
3,674 lb.

So the Bronco Sport 1.5L weights less and has more HP. Will be interesting to compare the two. My primary reason was fuel mileage. I am keeping the F350, so the truck v SUV comparison for the Mav to BS means nothing to me. But, I'm getting older and I've gotten use to my extremely quiet F350. The Escape Hybrid was shockingly loud. I don't know how people can deal with that road noise. Hopefully, the Mav Hybrid is not the same and this discussion is all a moot point.
The Maverick hybrid is 191 hp. I haven't driven the escape hybrid, but I don't consider the Maverick hybrid loud.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the hybrid and find it smooth. This is my first hybrid vehicle.

Sponsored

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apples to oranges. Your Maverick Hybrid will be like the escape. The Ecoboost will be closer to Bronco Sport. Could you talk to dealer about passing on hybrid and getting dibs on a passed over Ecoboost?
I really wouldn't say the EcoBoost Maverick is closer to the broncos sport. I took a bronco sport for a test drive before my Maverick came in. Didn't really care for it. Seems like I was looking straight over the dash and hood instead of down at it, and I'm around 6' tall. I don't have that feeling in the Maverick. I love my EcoBoost Maverick 💙

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I know it is apples to oranges. That is why I asked if anyone has moved from one to the other as I'd like their feedback on the two. I wasn't suggesting there would be the same, I asking for a comparison from someone who has had both.

Also, if anyone has driven the Escape Hybrid PHEV and the Mav Hybrid and can compare the two, that'd help me out.

If I end up with the Bronco Sport, it will be because I got it at the same price as the Mav OTD. In WA state, your trade in amount is deducted from your total sales tax on the new vehicle, so, I could buy the Mav Hybrid and pay the sales tax, and find a Bronco I liked with a higher price point and see if I can get the dealer to swap. Lots of Bronco Sports on the lot and seeing some discounted, so not letting the Mav go back to the dealer with nothing to show for it.

Mav hybrids are still going for At least $5k over MSRP here right now, but you really can't find one on the lot. All the dealers I called that have one listed didn't actually have one as I wanted to drive one.
I have a Maverick hybrid. I've driven my mother's AWD hybrid Escape and my brothers PHEV hybrid Escape. They are all very similar. I wouldn't consider them loud.
Escapes have nicer interior than the Maverick. Better backup camera. And seem slightly more peppy than the Mav hybrid to me, but overall the driving experience if very similar.

Falco

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I owned a Bronco Sport Big Bend with the 1.5L 3-cylinder engine for about a year before trading it in when my Maverick Hybrid finally arrived.

Over 12,000+ miles I found the BS to be loud, brash, and underpowered. The auto-stop feature felt clunky. In general I felt the whole setup was pretty unrefined. Plus - it is noticeably shorter than the Maverick (and obviously doesn't have a truck bed) - a lot less usable cargo space.

I find the Maverick Hybrid to be much smoother and much quieter. Because the Maverick often can accelerate from a stop using only the battery and without having to turn on the engine until the 5-10 mph mark, it's so much smoother of an experience compared to the Bronco's auto-stop feature. The Maverick seems more responsive when trying to pass on the interstate than the BS which whined and complained. I do have a Lariat Maverick so maybe the special acoustic windshield makes a difference with the sound, but the Maverick is very quiet.

FWIW - before my Maverick, I owned several Chevy Volts. Very similar to the Escape PHEV. You simply cannot beat a PHEV - it's so awesome to be able to drive on pure electricity most of the time, yet drop everything and do a longer trip with your gas engine whenever you feel like it. I used to go thousands of miles in between fill-ups on my Volt and years between oil changes, and I think you can do the same thing in an Escape PHEV. I'd give my right leg for a Maverick PHEV. Plus, you get a $6000+ tax credit for buying a PHEV? If you don't need a truck bed - you may really like the PHEV lifestyle.

OT18

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Escape, Ecosport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a CMax and it was very quiet.

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
you can find bronco sport anywhere if you can find the 2.0 bs badlands though you can start to compare at least..

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have both vehicles on order. BS BB for the wife, hybrid Mav for myself. Each of us will use the hybrid for farm stuff, and the BS BB for more off road situations.

For my wife, I wanted BS BB with the CP360+ and active cruise. The taller driving position will make this a safer vehicle for longer trips.

For the mav, I did not want to get the Lariat's luxury stuff and mingle that with farm chores. Went XLT Hybrid Lux CP360 (wanted cloth seats but also lumbar). The CP360 just good to have and should pay for itself from reduced insurance.

You ask great questions. I wish I had more hands on experience with these vehicles. Each appears to fill a unique niche for various duties and I expect I'll be happy with them.

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went from a 2020 ford Escape hybrid all wheel drive to a 2022 ford maverick eco boost all wheel

MAGPLM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands & 2023 Maverick AWD FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have a 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands and love it! And have a 2023 Maverick inbound to Dealership now. Plan on keeping both. Nothing like two 2.0L Ecoboost engines in the garage. 2023 AWD XLT FX4 Maverick w/4k. Apologies now to all Hybrid owners! lol

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay, Mav Hybrid is going to be here in a few weeks. Was at the dealership the other day and they had an Escape Hybrid PHEV that would actually qualify for the IRA tax incentive, so I took it for a ride as it was a titanium that would have been cheaper than my Loaded Mav Hybrid with the incentive.

Long and short of it is that I wasn't terribly impressed with the Hybrid. Loud, a bit clunky IMHO. My normal sales gal said the Mav Hybrid is going to be close to the same, so I might not like that either? She gave me the keys to a Bronco Sport Outer Banks and I took it for a drive. I really dug it. I haven't had a chance to drive the Mav Hybrid yet, but if it is similar to the Escape Hybrid, I am thinking I am not a fan.

Anyone have real world experience between the Bronco Sport and the Mav Hybrid that could their thoughts on both.

Thanks
Just bronco vs hybriid? I have an eco and spend a few days with a bronco sport… lemme know if you want that comp. since… yknow, theyre more comparable lol
Sponsored