First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice look. As you drive a few weeks, please advise on road noise.

During past visits to NY, always dismayed to view newer vehicles failing inspection due to rust. What rust prevention treatment (if any) are you planning?
Sponsored

OP
OP
MB33

MB33

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick (ordered)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice look. As you drive a few weeks, please advise on road noise.

During past visits to NY, always dismayed to view newer vehicles failing inspection due to rust. What rust prevention treatment (if any) are you planning?
Full undercoating of the underside was done, rustproofing done in all the doors, hood, tailgate, etc. last night a full graphine coating was applied on all paint, plastic and wheels. Hopefully that should take care of it along with upkeep on the undercoating and rustproofing once a year.

As far as road noise it definitely was slightly louder than stock obviously with the more aggressive tires, but for myself itā€™s not a bother at all. I actually prefer feeling like Iā€™m driving a truck, but I havenā€™t had any other AT tire to compare it to so itā€™s hard to say how it stacks up

shadow76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Full undercoating of the underside was done, rustproofing done in all the doors, hood, tailgate, etc. last night a full graphine coating was applied on all paint, plastic and wheels. Hopefully that should take care of it along with upkeep on the undercoating and rustproofing once a year.

As far as road noise it definitely was slightly louder than stock obviously with the more aggressive tires, but for myself itā€™s not a bother at all. I actually prefer feeling like Iā€™m driving a truck, but I havenā€™t had any other AT tire to compare it to so itā€™s hard to say how it stacks up
What brand of undercoating/rust proofing are you using? Someone mentioned fluid film, applies it annually.

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL, 2023 XLT Tremor
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

Picked up my brand new 24 Maverick yesterday. Today I put on new wheels and tires. Went with RRW gunmetal wheels with the new Falken Wildpeak AT4W tires. Size 245/65/17. Tires are close to rubbing with no lift but donā€™t rub. I canā€™t tell you how pleased I am with the turn out. I absolutely love my maverick. Such a cool little truck now with the more aggressive look. Thanks to the forum for letting me see all the different tire sizes. Let me know what you guys think.

IMG_4940.jpeg

IMG_4954.jpeg

IMG_4959.jpeg

View attachment 147105

IMG_4961.jpeg

IMG_4948.jpeg

IMG_4974.jpeg
Booyah šŸ‘ŠšŸ½ šŸ˜ šŸ‘šŸ½ šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø
Now you need some fog lights

Sponsored

OP
OP
MB33

MB33

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick (ordered)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
do you know the weight of the rims?
I donā€™t. I never put them on the scale and I canā€™t find it anywhere on the boxes

Headbanger

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, that really looks sharp! Wheels and tires do so much for the overall appearance. You certainly picked a good combo! šŸ¤˜

BLUE1870

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT and '24 Chevy Trax
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks familar. Glad to see you got the rims. I think I might like the black mirrors better than the color matched ones on my truck.

OP
OP
MB33

MB33

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick (ordered)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got my Switchbacks installed tonight. Love the look of them compared to stock. Iā€™m really debating on getting those new Dynamic Diodes fog lights but Iā€™m really hesitant in cutting apart my bumper and splicing into the electrical system.

Ford Maverick 245/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT4W tires + RRW wheels on 2024 Atlas Blue Maverick XL IMG_4991

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice, I have the same wheels but in black, same tires too but larger size 245/70/17, they DO rub and have worn through the felt liner on the rear pinch weld. I have a one inch level kit that may fix that.

As for the fog lights, just get a switch panel and by-pass any splicing.

Sponsored

Krischievous

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL AWD Iconic Silver
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picked up my brand new 24 Maverick yesterday. Today I put on new wheels and tires. Went with RRW gunmetal wheels with the new Falken Wildpeak AT4W tires. Size 245/65/17. Tires are close to rubbing with no lift but donā€™t rub. I canā€™t tell you how pleased I am with the turn out. I absolutely love my maverick. Such a cool little truck now with the more aggressive look. Thanks to the forum for letting me see all the different tire sizes. Let me know what you guys think.

IMG_4940.jpeg

IMG_4954.jpeg

IMG_4959.jpeg

View attachment 147105

IMG_4961.jpeg

IMG_4948.jpeg

IMG_4974.jpeg
hi! I think im buying the rr5-s version for my truck (thought i like these too and im confused LOL) but I wanted to ask about the lug nuts. Which did you get if you dont mind me asking? Thanks!

OP
OP
MB33

MB33

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick (ordered)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
hi! I think im buying the rr5-s version for my truck (thought i like these too and im confused LOL) but I wanted to ask about the lug nuts. Which did you get if you dont mind me asking? Thanks!
https://a.co/d/gn4Tp7P

These are the lug nuts I went with. Iā€™ve heard others with this same rim using the McGaurd lug nuts as well. Basically just need to get something thinner than stock and I preferred splined.

Krischievous

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

These are the lug nuts I went with. Iā€™ve heard others with this same rim using the McGaurd lug nuts as well. Basically just need to get something thinner than stock and I preferred splined.
Thank you!!

Krischievous

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I have one more question that im not sure if you have the answer to, but I couldnt find an answer and didnt want to start a whole new post if i could avoid it. Could your wheels have fit the stock tires on it? (225/65/r17)? I hear a little back and forth about whether the wheels can fit on a 17x8 which are the rrw size, though it seems to lean to mostly yes. I dont want to upgrade my tires yet if i can help it.Thanks again!

OP
OP
MB33

MB33

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick (ordered)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have one more question that im not sure if you have the answer to, but I couldnt find an answer and didnt want to start a whole new post if i could avoid it. Could your wheels have fit the stock tires on it? (225/65/r17)? I hear a little back and forth about whether the wheels can fit on a 17x8 which are the rrw size, though it seems to lean to mostly yes. I dont want to upgrade my tires yet if i can help it.Thanks again!
I believe it will work because of how loose the sidewall is on the stock tires. They will likely just stretch to fit the slightly wider wheel. I wouldnā€™t be worried about doing it.
Sponsored