First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
23' XLT Iconic Silver w/ 245 65 17 Falken Wildpeak trail on 17" Sparco Gravel rims. Eibach Springs, 1/4" spacers In rear. A great stable ride and feel, without having to worry about bumps or rough roads, (Like with low profile tires).

10" sub w/ amp by Rockville (fits nice behind back seat, sounds great, ez hookup), Skar Audio spkrs. In front doors. Xlint sound on a budget. Budget friendly 3 fold hard cover for bed (very secure) and Ford bed mat.

25" single row LED outfront.

Ford Maverick Lowered Silver Maverick Hybrid w/ big boots (245-65-17 Falken Wildpeak Trail tires on 17" Sparco Gravel wheels) 20231110_084848

Ford Maverick Lowered Silver Maverick Hybrid w/ big boots (245-65-17 Falken Wildpeak Trail tires on 17" Sparco Gravel wheels) 20230813_125806

Ford Maverick Lowered Silver Maverick Hybrid w/ big boots (245-65-17 Falken Wildpeak Trail tires on 17" Sparco Gravel wheels) 20231110_084848

Ford Maverick Lowered Silver Maverick Hybrid w/ big boots (245-65-17 Falken Wildpeak Trail tires on 17" Sparco Gravel wheels) 20231111_121353

Ford Maverick Lowered Silver Maverick Hybrid w/ big boots (245-65-17 Falken Wildpeak Trail tires on 17" Sparco Gravel wheels) 20231214_104955
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks good but why the Wildpeaks instead of something like an all season tire in the same size?

OP
OP
TomCrooz

TomCrooz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks good but why the Wildpeaks instead of something like an all season tire in the same size?
Wildpeak trail Has a tighter lug pattern, but still looks gnarly better gas mileage and I don't do a lot of off roading, no snow, Corners great, softer ride.

r8drskullz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Douglas J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
23' XLT Iconic Silver w/ 245 65 17 Falken Wildpeak trail on 17" Sparco Gravel rims. Eibach Springs, 1/4" spacers In rear. A great stable ride and feel, without having to worry about bumps or rough roads, (Like with low profile tires).

10" sub w/ amp by Rockville (fits nice behind back seat, sounds great, ez hookup), Skar Audio spkrs. In front doors. Xlint sound on a budget. Budget friendly 3 fold hard cover for bed (very secure) and Ford bed mat.

25" single row LED outfront.

20231110_084848.jpg

20230813_125806.jpg

20231110_084848.jpg

20231111_121353.jpg

20231214_104955.jpg
Ford Maverick Lowered Silver Maverick Hybrid w/ big boots (245-65-17 Falken Wildpeak Trail tires on 17" Sparco Gravel wheels) IMG_0197

Sponsored

Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting choice going with the 245's. I have 245/65R17 KO2's on mine but if I was going your route I think 235's would fit much better. Hell, once my 245's are done I'm stepping down to some 235's.

OP
OP
TomCrooz

TomCrooz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting choice going with the 245's. I have 245/65R17 KO2's on mine but if I was going your route I think 235's would fit much better. Hell, once my 245's are done I'm stepping down to some 235's.
Why don't you like the 245?Bigger is better fills the wheel well better. Heftier look. just my opinion. No rubbing issues at all, And the ride is great.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why don't you like the 245?Bigger is better fills the wheel well better. Heftier look. just my opinion. No rubbing issues at all, And the ride is great.
It's not that I dislike them, it's the hit on the MPG's isn't worth the trade off and 235's look great without being too aggressive. I've always had bigger tires and lifts on every truck I've owned and after my previous Tacoma with 285/70R17's and a 3" lift I went for the 245/65R17 KO2's just because I had never owned the KO2's before and also, like you, wanted to fill that wheel well. But it's really not necessary. I look at Tremor's with the stock 235 Wildpeaks and I think it just looks perfect. Nothing against your decision, but from my experience after 6 months on the 245's, I'd rather have the 235's to save that extra couple MPG's. Since you got the WIldpeak Trails the hit won't be as bad as if you went with some Wildpeak AT3W's. Either way, great choice in tire. I had the Trails on an Escape and loved them. AT3W's on the Tacoma and now the KO2's and I'll definitely be going back to the Trails next time. I just kinda went against my better judgement on the 245's since the overall goal was to bridge the gap between a Hybrid Escape and a lifted Tacoma with the Maverick in general. Still getting about 25MPG, which technically is the middle between those two vehicles, but it could be around 28 with the 235's.

Out of curiosity, are your wheels any lighter than the stock ones? I kept my stock wheels for winter tires but I decided to skip the snows this year since I drive less, and my wheels are quite a bit heavier than the stock ones, so I might swap back to the stock ones as well... when the 245's are done for that is.

Your truck does look good btw... hope you don't think I'm being a critic here. Just sharing my experience.

OP
OP
TomCrooz

TomCrooz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's not that I dislike them, it's the hit on the MPG's isn't worth the trade off and 235's look great without being too aggressive. I've always had bigger tires and lifts on every truck I've owned and after my previous Tacoma with 285/70R17's and a 3" lift I went for the 245/65R17 KO2's just because I had never owned the KO2's before and also, like you, wanted to fill that wheel well. But it's really not necessary. I look at Tremor's with the stock 235 Wildpeaks and I think it just looks perfect. Nothing against your decision, but from my experience after 6 months on the 245's, I'd rather have the 235's to save that extra couple MPG's. Since you got the WIldpeak Trails the hit won't be as bad as if you went with some Wildpeak AT3W's. Either way, great choice in tire. I had the Trails on an Escape and loved them. AT3W's on the Tacoma and now the KO2's and I'll definitely be going back to the Trails next time. I just kinda went against my better judgement on the 245's since the overall goal was to bridge the gap between a Hybrid Escape and a lifted Tacoma with the Maverick in general. Still getting about 25MPG, which technically is the middle between those two vehicles, but it could be around 28 with the 235's.

Out of curiosity, are your wheels any lighter than the stock ones? I kept my stock wheels for winter tires but I decided to skip the snows this year since I drive less, and my wheels are quite a bit heavier than the stock ones, so I might swap back to the stock ones as well... when the 245's are done for that is.

Your truck does look good btw... hope you don't think I'm being a critic here. Just sharing my experience.

MT., I'm not worried about mpg's I average around 40 all day long, I'm in it for looks, handling and comfort. I believe they are lighter than my stock alloys... Don't overthink it... Different strokes for different folks!