First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Friends a dealership ( Oracle Ford ) near me has a 24XL Cactus Grey Hybrid on the lot for sale. The salesman’s name is Danny. He told me the price is $2500 over MSRP. It was turned down buy the person that ordered it.

Ford Maverick 2024 XL hybrid in Oracle AZ 20240227_181325

Ford Maverick 2024 XL hybrid in Oracle AZ 20240227_181708
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mav_RICK

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They also have a used 23 Tremor as well.

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if waiting all that time when the buyer came in they tried bumping him ( jacking the price up). So the original owner bailed, that's why it's now it stock. Or if it was for so e other reason. Still no dealership should be selling over MSRP, IMHO. Most states AG may consider that price gouging. If they don't, why the H--- not?

OP
OP
Mav_RICK

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if waiting all that time when the buyer came in they tried bumping him ( jacking the price up). So the original owner bailed, that's why it's now it stock. Or if it was for so e other reason. Still no dealership should be selling over MSRP, IMHO. Most states AG may consider that price gouging. If they don't, why the H--- not?
Hybrid Mavericks on the lot have been consistently selling for at least 2500k over MSRP. At least when I was following prices closer. They may not be now. I have a special ordered MY23.

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hybrid Mavericks on the lot have been consistently selling for at least 2500k over MSRP. At least when I was following prices closer. They may not be now. I have a special ordered MY23.
Like I said, I wonder how the state's AG would look at it? I would bring it to there attention. Most states have laws of price gouging to protect the residents in there state. If they don't I would be flying to pick one up out of state and driving back. That's just my humble opinion.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mav_RICK

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like I said, I wonder how the state's AG would look at it? I would bring it to there attention. Most states have laws of price gouging to protect the residents in there state. If they don't I would be flying to pick one up out of state and driving back. That's just my humble opinion.
MSRP is just a suggested retail price. No dealership is limited to selling at that price anywhere. There was a time most of us payed below MSRP and I think it’s going back that direction but certainly not for the past couple years, especially for high demand vehicles.

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
MSRP is just a suggested retail price. No dealership is limited to selling at that price anywhere. There was a time most of us payed below MSRP and I think it’s going back that direction but certainly not for the past couple years, especially for high demand vehicles.
You are correct MSRP is exactly that. A little history lesson trucks for years didn't come with MSRP, they just had the options or equipment with no price or prices like cars had. Consumers complained, basically demanded and this caused the manufacturers to start MSRP on trucks.

What this tells me and it should you that the consumer is always right. I would believe the manufacturer in this tight market would want or need to satisfy the buyer or lose it to a competitor. Especially if a dealership decided to over charge more than the MSRP. Keep in mind at one time trucks didn't have MSRP and why MSRP on trucks came to be.

Edit I also want to add another reason manufacturers don't want vehicles sold over MSRP. All have they're own financing so they make money selling the product but they also make money on the interest on the loan. Keeping this in mind money borrowed over retail is referred to as water. Just like water runs through your fingers, is similar to if the truck is repo it has water besides the loss of a used vehicle. So many times they are extremely backwards. So they don't mind borrowing money on the vehicle but they don't want to borrow money on water, or more than the vehicle is worth.
Sponsored

Last edited: