First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking at the new build and price for 2023MY, it looks like Ford officially removed the digital display knobs for the dual-zone climate control. Shame because this was one of the features I was looking forward to, and felt it for the 2022 folks who got bait-and-switched.

Ford Maverick 2023 With DEATC - Ford Officially Removes Digital Display Knobs 2022-10-05_17-26-22

Guessing the temp readouts will be on the display like most 2022s, only on certain screens.
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Certain you have every option correct? Seems to be missing more than just that. Plus, build tool is a little inconsistent.

JB330ci

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, BMW M2, Lexus RX450h
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have display on the knobs on my June built 22 Lariat. Ford probably ran out of parts back then. It's a bit inconvenient to check the set temperatures but it's not a big deal either. Just need to turn the knobs to show the temperatures on the screen.

Sponsored

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have display on the knobs on my June built 22 Lariat. Ford probably ran out of parts back then. It's a bit inconvenient to check the set temperatures but it's not a big deal either. Just need to turn the knobs to show the temperatures on the screen.
But can you see it when using Apple CarPlay?

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not a huge deal, but I sure like just looking down and seeing what temp I got it on. I wonder if they cannot get the parts or it's just more cost cutting for them.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
if I'm cold/hot I'll adjust as needed. Displayed numerals, pointless.

Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not a huge deal, but I sure like just looking down and seeing what temp I got it on. I wonder if they cannot get the parts or it's just more cost cutting for them.
It may be that it provides a common part for both Fahrenheit and celsius. Or maybe a cost down. Just a guess.

Brown0

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see the value in the displays. I have them in my suburban and they are helpful to know while the car is getting to temp to either leave it to do its job, or if someone changed it. I tend to leave them on one temperature and trust the system to do what it was designed to do.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Beleiveing those display temereatures are accurate measurments is hilarious no point in even using temp figures just do a zero to 30 or whatever the spread is cause I would bet my ass they arent the correct temp. Also sounds like a form of digitally distracted driving, they took it away for insurance cost reduction. Not to mention hefty fines.

OP
OP

dontblink97

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Beleiveing those display temereatures are accurate measurments is hilarious no point in even using temp figures just do a zero to 30 or whatever the spread is cause I would bet my ass they arent the correct temp. Also sounds like a form of digitally distracted driving, they took it away for insurance cost reduction. Not to mention hefty fines.
Do you have confirmation of this? Seems a bit extreme since many cars on the market have a small digital display for climate control. Not to mention the large 8 inch touchscreen very near to the driver's field of view would eclipse any distraction from a small number display low on the console.
Sponsored