MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Skip a cup of sugar at Starbucks one day a week and your way ahead.
"But I need my coffee!"

No, that's mostly sugar with a shot of coffee-like flavoring, and expensive to boot!
Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Keeping the grille shutters open all the time will increase the aero drag on the truck. It appears that Ford lawyers think it will reduce Ford's liability in case of engine fires. They think the additional air flow will extinguish an engine fire. I guess they have never seen what pressurized air does for an iron forge...

Steve
It's not so much that...

More so, IF there was a fuel leak under the hood, fuel vapors COULD accumulate to an explosive ratio. Ventilation should keep the fuel vapors "flushed" out and below the LEL lower explosive limit.

AND the shutters are for warming up the truck, keeping it (and passengers) warm in the cabin, so more cold air is going to require more gas to keep the engine block and you warm.

JT Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m averaging 43.3 mpg in the city with my ‘22 hybrid Lariat. In so many ways, I’m glad that I have a ‘22 as opposed to a ‘23. Ford made some changes to the ‘23 lineup with various packages and accessories that were included in my Maverick w/Lux and CP.
In my case, I'm thrilled that my '22 XLT was cancelled and re-ordered as a '23 model as part of the '22 to '23 transition program. I was slated to be produced at the very end of '22. My '23 was produced and shipped on 1/25/23 (only 4-5 weeks later than '22 would have been). For eventual resale value, now I'll own a Maverick that carries a model year that is one year newer. The do-over was also fantastic as it allowed me to change anything I wanted. I changed my paint selection and that was great. Everything that had been dropped from my XLT Lux package I opted to re-order as standalone options (nothing was lost). For the bedliner, I was really PO'd because for the '22 order Ford had opted to replace the spray-in bedliner with the hard plastic drop-in bedliner. For the '23 order I was able to order the spray-in bedliner that I REALLY wanted (yes!). Icing on the Cake: In terms of cost comparison, my identically equipped '23 XLT's MSRP nets out as $29,150 vs $26,815 for the canceled '22 XLT model. HOWEVER, that $2,335 increase is $415 LESS THAN the $2,750 private offer certificate that will be applied and subtracted from '23 order's bottom line. For me, things have worked out SUPER.

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In my case, I'm thrilled that my '22 XLT was cancelled and re-ordered as a '23 model as part of the '22 to '23 transition program. I was slated to be produced at the very end of '22. My '23 was produced and shipped on 1/25/23 (only 4-5 weeks later than '22 would have been). For eventual resale value, now I'll own a Maverick that carries a model year that is one year newer. The do-over was also fantastic as it allowed me to change anything I wanted. I changed my paint selection and that was great. Everything that had been dropped from my XLT Lux package I opted to re-order as standalone options (nothing was lost). For the bedliner, I was really PO'd because for the '22 order Ford had opted to replace the spray-in bedliner with the hard plastic drop-in bedliner. For the '23 order I was able to order the spray-in bedliner that I REALLY wanted (yes!). Icing on the Cake: In terms of cost comparison, my identically equipped '23 XLT's MSRP nets out as $29,150 vs $26,815 for the canceled '22 XLT model. HOWEVER, that $2,335 increase is $415 LESS THAN the $2,750 private offer certificate that will be applied and subtracted from '23 order's bottom line. For me, things have worked out SUPER.
I feel the same way. The private offer is good but any savings will be eaten up by the higher interest rate on my loan :-(

Sponsored

rJay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Atlas Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I filled up for the first time at 13.419 gallons. $37.56 (with fuel points). 648.8 miles since I pulled it off the lot with a full tank. That's 48.3 mpg. My truck currently says 614 miles to empty after a 2 mile drive from the station, but it's been going up, not down...

So I don't care about the EPA or what they have to say.
I did take pics because my mom wanted proof.
Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick gets new lower MPG fuel mileage EPA ratings 20230130_183756
Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick gets new lower MPG fuel mileage EPA ratings 20230130_183652

Yes, it took driving under the speed limit by five up hills when folks weren't behind me, something I'm willing to do. I'm not in a hurry.

ychuck46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost engine, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With our Maverick hybrid we routinely get better than the old mileage estimates. It all depends on how you drive. Jackrabbit starts and flooring it will mean less, while taking it easy will likely extend the life of the truck as well as your mileage.

slo go

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach-E//on order Maverick Lariat XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
New purchase 23 Hybrid Lariat Lux w/moonroof, spray in liner(heavy weight factor)--36 mpg to 38 mpg. Some high way, mostly secondary and town driving = 659 total miles-1 fill up at dealer @14 miles and 1 fill up on the road.

LADemien

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am still going to accept my Tremor despite the new fuel rating. What are you thinking?

Changes:

2023 Maverick EcoBoost FWD combined city/hwy drops to 25 mpg (down 1 mpg)
2023 Maverick EcoBoost AWD drops to 28 mpg highway and 24 mpg combined city/hwy (down 1 mpg each)
2023 Maverick Hybrid drops to 40 mpg city (down 2 mpg)
2023 Maverick Tremor drops to 20 mpg city (down 2 mpg), 24 mpg highway (down 4 mpg).

I have noticed that it all depends on how heavy that right foot is in my AWD 2.0 also if I remember to put it in ECO mode (Ford needs a fix for this issue) and rely on cruise control. The current tank of fuel is showing 28mpg (indicator on vehicle is about 1mpg better than reality) city driving. I have also seen 24mpg combined if I drive aggressively. I have also had 32mpg on the highway (checked at the pump with a calculator) so never go by the sticker and EPA ratings.

OP
OP
Grand Nat.

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have noticed that it all depends on how heavy that right foot is in my AWD 2.0 also if I remember to put it in ECO mode (Ford needs a fix for this issue) and rely on cruise control. The current tank of fuel is showing 28mpg (indicator on vehicle is about 1mpg better than reality) city driving. I have also seen 24mpg combined if I drive aggressively. I have also had 32mpg on the highway (checked at the pump with a calculator) so never go by the sticker and EPA ratings.
I agree. And I do not have a heavy foot. Individuals do drive very fast today. (y)
Sponsored