athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-ar...k-delay-prompts-exclusion-from-rate-lock-deal

2023 Ford Maverick Delay Prompts Exclusion From Rate-Lock Deal

August 5, 2022

Ford has abruptly dropped the 2023 Maverick from a summer rate-lock incentive. According to a bulletin sent to dealers, Ford says that 2023 Maverick order banks are "expected to open outside of the promotional period." The delay could cause buyers to miss out on the chance to lock-in interest rates before they go up.

As we reported last month, Ford's Summer Supercharged Sales Event offers a rate lock program timed to match the opening of order banks for a slew of 2023 Ford models. Non-hybrid Maverick 2023 order banks were due to open on August 2nd. Now, Ford says orders will open in September after the program ends.

iven that the incentive ends on September 5th, 2023 Maverick order banks appear to have been delayed by over a month. Currently, over half a dozen 2023 Ford models qualify for the rate lock program, which promises interest rates starting at 2.9% APR for 60 months, with 72 and 84-month rates at 3.9% and 4.9% APR.

Earlier this week, Ford revealed the 2023 Maverick Tremor Off-Road Package. Available on XLTs and Lariats, the option costs $2,995, though a Tremor Appearance Package has an MSRP of $1,495. There are no signs as to whether the 2023 Maverick Tremor will be excluded from incentives like the larger F-150 Tremor.

A number of manufacturers have rolled out new car price protection programs as an incentive for shoppers forced to wait amid an inventory shortage. With interest rate hikes likely to continue due to high inflation, deals like these offer the chance to avoid a price increase in the event the vehicle you want isn't available.
Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Makes perfect sense, since as the article notes, the current program is expiring prior to MY23 Maverick order banks opening.

Considering that the Maverick is an entry-level vehicle, I'd expect that Ford will offer some type of incentive rates for those who place orders next month. However, we will just have to wait and see the details...

OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It has been a strange couple of years in the auto industry.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The article mentions rates for multiple models. The actual current rates for a 22 are: 1.9/36, 2.9/48, 3.9/60, 5.9/72, 6.9/75 and 7.9/84.

ALL of those offers expire on 10-3-2022.

https://www.ford.com/finance/payment-calculator

Scroll down to the maverick pic, click and use the term drop down menu.

A screen shot might come in handy the day you place your order so a shady dealer won't be able to play dumb about the price protection in the Smart VINCENT when you take delivery of a future 23.

It remains to be seen if Ford creates a separate webpage for 23's or tells dealers to grandfather the 22 rates.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Makes perfect sense, since as the article notes, the current program is expiring prior to MY23 Maverick order banks opening.

Considering that the Maverick is an entry-level vehicle, I'd expect that Ford will offer some type of incentive rates for those who place orders next month. However, we will just have to wait and see the details...
coincidence hummm :unsure:

BingoDingo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The whole reason I'm getting a maverick XL is because that's how much I saved up. Paying 2.9 or more in interest is going in the wrong direction.

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I picked my Mav up yesterday which was ordered on 11-17-22 and got the old locked in rate of 1.9% for 60 months through fomoco. I think the sales guy indicated the current rate thru fomoco is around 5% so I got really lucky. Calling the credit union and the rates were similar. Hopefully there will be some special financing coming up for the Mav.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t forget, you can join Farm Bureau for only $20 and you get $500 off your Maverick purchase. You do not have to be a resident of Illinois, be a farmer, or own farmland. The discount is good for all states. Phone number to join is 309-663-6497.

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don’t forget, you can join Farm Bureau for only $20 and you get $500 off your Maverick purchase. You do not have to be a resident of Illinois, be a farmer, or own farmland. The discount is good for all states. Phone number to join is 309-663-6497.
I think that I recall that your Maverick delivery must be before 1-03-23 to receive the credit. If this is correct, probably not much reason to join Farm Bureau now if ordering a Hybrid.

Fine print for the the Farm Bureau cash offer:
*Farm Bureau Exclusive Cash Reward is exclusively for active Farm Bureau members who are residents of the United States. $500 Exclusive Cash Reward on the purchase or lease of an eligible new 2021/2022/2023 Ford Maverick, Ranger, F-150 or Super Duty®. This incentive is not available on F-150 Lightning, F-150 Raptor, F-650 and F-750 Super Duty®. This offer may not be used in conjunction with most other Ford Motor Company private incentives or AXZD-Plans. Some customer and purchase eligibility restrictions apply. Must be a Farm Bureau member for 30 consecutive days prior to purchase or lease and take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford Dealer's stock by January 3, 2023. Visit FordFarmBureauAdvantage.com or see your authorized Ford Dealer for qualifications and complete details. Note to dealer: Claim in VINCENT using #38326.

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think that I recall that your Maverick delivery must be before 1-03-23 to receive the credit. If this is correct, probably not much reason to join Farm Bureau now if ordering a Hybrid.

Fine print for the the Farm Bureau cash offer:
*Farm Bureau Exclusive Cash Reward is exclusively for active Farm Bureau members who are residents of the United States. $500 Exclusive Cash Reward on the purchase or lease of an eligible new 2021/2022/2023 Ford Maverick, Ranger, F-150 or Super Duty®. This incentive is not available on F-150 Lightning, F-150 Raptor, F-650 and F-750 Super Duty®. This offer may not be used in conjunction with most other Ford Motor Company private incentives or AXZD-Plans. Some customer and purchase eligibility restrictions apply. Must be a Farm Bureau member for 30 consecutive days prior to purchase or lease and take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford Dealer's stock by January 3, 2023. Visit FordFarmBureauAdvantage.com or see your authorized Ford Dealer for qualifications and complete details. Note to dealer: Claim in VINCENT using #38326.
You don't think they'll continue the program in 2023? They did in 2022. My guess is they will again and members will be able to generate a 2023 certificate if/when necessary.

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You don't think they'll continue the program in 2023? They did in 2022. My guess is they will again and members will be able to generate a 2023 certificate if/when necessary.
That would be cool! Probably just wishful thinking though. I hope I'm fula chit.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think Ford would have little reason to offer incentives on Maverick given how a lot of companies are buying them for their fleet.

They could easily discount bulk orders and still come out ahead.

If anything, it'll only make getting the hybrid version more difficult to get! If you have one already, thank your lucky stars! If you have an order, don't cancel it!

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid