Lock in interest rate

AbbatheHutt

First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Hi all. My truck has an approximate ETA of 10/14-10/20 at the dealership. If I apply for credit on Ford's website today can I lock in the interest rate? I asked my dealer about it. He said he thinks the current rates will be extended but was supposed to get me a definitive answer last week. Still no word from him. 😒
Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all. My truck has an approximate ETA of 10/14-10/20 at the dealership. If I apply for credit on Ford's website today can I lock in the interest rate? I asked my dealer about it. He said he thinks the current rates will be extended but was supposed to get me a definitive answer last week. Still no word from him. 😒

Ordered 9/8. Just an XLT white and hitch is only option. On Sept 17th I noticed Ford had 1.9% financing that was going to expire 10/4 so I asked my dealer if that could be locked in with my Maverick order. Figured 1.9% would be fine since I have more than half down.

He later texted me that it was locked in at that rate and that it was scheduled to be built 11/8. Seemed like he was positive about it and sent me a screen print showing it was locked in and I noticed it actually had a Vin Number on it. Time will tell I guess.

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
You can also lock in the interest rate by applying online, according to Ford Finance. Even though their system doesn't have the 2022 MY showing, you can generate the loan application for a similarly priced 2021 vehicle and get approved to lock the rate. They don't care which vehicle you end up buying. The lock through the online application is 30 days. Once you are pre-approved, your dealer (selected while applying) will e able to save the approval step when you get your vehicle.

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
You can also lock in the interest rate by applying online, according to Ford Finance. Even though their system doesn't have the 2022 MY showing, you can generate the loan application for a similarly priced 2021 vehicle and get approved to lock the rate. They don't care which vehicle you end up buying. The lock through the online application is 30 days. Once you are pre-approved, your dealer (selected while applying) will e able to save the approval step when you get your vehicle.
Verified that with my dealer today too. The Finance Manager I spoke with told me that even though the online application processes generates at 72 months, you get locked into that rate block and you will still get the 0.9% at 48 months when you go in to purchase the vehicle.

The Ford Credit website chat will try to mislead on that and try to get you in the dealer as soon as possible. Talking with a real person with Lincoln Automotive Financial Services at 877-350-6148 is much more productive than the chat function.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A Ford bulletin has already been posted in other threads - the rates that are showing in the Ford Build and Price tool for financing (0@36, 0.9@48, 1.9@60, 2.9@72) are available for the Maverick, and will be in place at least until March of 2022.

Edit to say - the rates being provided are excellent - I would strongly recommend anyone financing to keep with the 1.9 @ 60 months on the high end. That extra percent doesn't sound like much, but the cost of the interest going from 1.9 for 60 months to 2.9 for 72 months almost doubles, while the payment difference will be low to mid $100 extra. IF that extra payment isn't financially doable, well, a new vehicle should probably not be in consideration in the first place...

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A Ford bulletin has already been posted in other threads - the rates that are showing in the Ford Build and Price tool for financing (0@36, 0.9@48, 1.9@60, 2.9@72) are available for the Maverick, and will be in place at least until March of 2022.
Can you post a link to that thread/post/bulletin? I'm very interested in this issue.

The only post like that I have found is this one, which guarantees approval under certain criteria, but doesn't say anything about rates.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...roval-program-valid-until-march-31-2022.2417/

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you post a link to that thread/post/bulletin? I'm very interested in this issue.

The only post like that I have found is this one, which guarantees approval under certain criteria, but doesn't say anything about rates.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...roval-program-valid-until-march-31-2022.2417/
Thanks for finding the thread. I'm not sure where I specifically read the values outside of the build and price tool on Ford's site. I know those numbers were discussed in that thread as well.

Perhaps there isn't specifically a published file with the rates, however I am financing part of my truck (rates are too good to ignore), and submitted my details with Granger today - they confirmed 0% at 36 or 0.9% at 48, which were the 2 options I was considering.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure where I specifically read the values outside of the build and price tool on Ford's site. I know those numbers were discussed in that thread as well.
Rates were discussed, but no one came up with any source for after 10/4. I think some folks just misread the "guaranteed approval" announcement, thinking it extended the rates until March.
I am financing part of my truck ... with Granger today - they confirmed 0% at 36 or 0.9% at 48
Right. Today is 10/4, the last day on the current offer -- so that rate is still available.

My hybrid apparently won't be built for a while and I haven't found a way to lock in the current rates for an undetermined amount of time. So I guess I just hope they extend the offer.
Sponsored