Sponsored

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
This kinda pisses me off. Ford makes a huge deal on how many reservations they have and they chose to fulfill the stock orders first.

What's the point of reserving the truck?

Maybe I'm wrong and the news will change Friday.

Tom thanks for keeping everyone in the know
Sponsored

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
People that paid crazy reservation fees ha e to be pissed 😡

bscarpenter

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
BC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick. XL Hybrid, 360, manual slider,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed. Ford has a big opportunity if they get the Maverick right. Many of the people on this forum have not owned a Ford before, others, like me, will be coming back; been driving Subarus for 21 years and Ford has yanked me back with this versatile little truck.
Good point, as it is my first Ford. (Currently driving a 2012 outback)

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I'm sort of baffled by people being upset that Ford is doing test builds before they start production ones, on top of that they aren't delaying production at all. It's still scheduled to start when they always said it would. I'm really glad they are doing some test runs first, there are bound to be some initial hiccups that this will catch. I'd rather a test catch it than me on my way to work one morning.

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
They built the bronco mannequins early in every config to test them and learn how to build. Now that they have the production part down (minus MIC tops) dealers are only getting base and big bend soft tops for stock

Seems like similar logic here. Dealers get the first month of production while they learn what they're doing, and then retails get their custom built trucks as the line is running smoothly

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford set expectations pretty high by heavily promoting the truck, announcing fall delivery, taking orders & reservations, etc. Now their communication is spotty, inconsistent, and confusing. It's not like Ford is a startup that hasn't had experience bringing a new product to market, right? They have generations of knowledge about tuning assembly lines, working with vendors, communicating with dealers, tuning marketing messaging, etc. The semiconductor shortage isn't a new thing, so that can't blame last-minute chaos for disrupting their plans. Kind of dumbfounding that this isn't a smoother process.

It sure would be nice if they could just say when people should expect their trucks. And if they really don't have any idea, despite decades of experience launching new vehicles, they should just say so. Leaving everyone to speculate can't be good!

Last edited:

bschurman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 1961 VW bug
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It sure would be nice if they could just say when people should expect their trucks. And if they really don't have any idea, despite decades of experience launching new vehicles, they should just say so. Leaving everyone to speculate can't be good!
I believe the Ford has said Fall 2021. IIRC Fall runs until the Winter solstice on Dec 21st and I haven't seen any messaging from Ford to the contrary. I think we can start to question Ford's communication after that time.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford set expectations pretty high by heavily promoting the truck, announcing fall delivery, taking orders & reservations, etc. Now their communication is spotty, inconsistent, and confusing. It's not like Ford is a startup that hasn't had experience bringing a new product to market, right? They have generations of knowledge about tuning assembly lines, working with vendors, communicating with dealers, tuning marketing messaging, etc. The semiconductor shortage isn't a new thing, so that can't blame last-minute chaos for disrupting their plans. Kind of dumbfounding that this isn't a smoother process.

We’re all just anxious to get our Mavericks. Patience is very hard. It’s not Fall yet, so Ford hasn’t broken any promises. Speculation is why this forum exists in the first place; and much of that is just guessing. So running down Ford because they’re not doing what WE want is a little counter productive. There are all kinds of of parts, machinery and people that have to go together to make a new vehicle, we have to be patient and hopefully that patience will be rewarded with quality trucks.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

it's funny how things change over time. had you been here 3 months ago there was a vocal minority of people who claimed the Maverick was cancelled- even had 1 guy said his local dealer told him so! Other people said they hoped the reveal and launch would be better than it was for new Ranger bc they NEVER saw any advertising whatsoever (that wasn't true either). Several people shit on Ford for letting Hyundai get the jump on them with Santa Cruz and OWN the compact truck market! :ROFLMAO:

And I'm not seeing/sensing any Last Minute Chaos either, just a fairly normal new product launch cycle.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
it's funny how things change over time. had you been here 3 months ago there was a vocal minority of people who claimed the Maverick was cancelled- even had 1 guy said his local dealer told him so! Other people said they hoped the reveal and launch would be better than it was for new Ranger bc they NEVER saw any advertising whatsoever (that wasn't true either). Several people shit on Ford for letting Hyundai get the jump on them with Santa Cruz and OWN the compact truck market! :ROFLMAO:

And I'm not seeing/sensing any Last Minute Chaos either, just a fairly normal new product launch cycle.
These are just the emotions you go through on the consumer side when you are an early adopter. A company isnt going to give a range on when you should expect your truck until it has shipped. Human nature will only hear the earliest date given and forget there was the word around. When the earliest date comes all the company gets back is bad reviews saying YOU TOLD ME IT WOULD BE HERE TODAY. When that wasnt even close to reality

Bringing a new product to market has many unforeseen challenges especially a first in class auto. Ford isnt going to make any problems of their own making by communicating something to an individual buyer

The next phase of early adopter will be postings that say. How can Ford ship me this truck with this kind of a problem! It will be a problem their testing and research couldnt uncover until it hits a mass number in the market

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Old Ranchero: I still in the midwest (MO) have not seen any prime network ads on the Mav. Seen any in your area?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Old Ranchero: I still in the midwest (MO) have not seen any prime network ads on the Mav. Seen any in your area?
No, and not really expecting to yet. They made a marketing decision to go digital advertising 1st and used a popular celebrity spokesperson on-line to spur interest. Speaks to the age categories they are targeting. I'd expect more traditional advertising once units are shipping and we get some holidays in 2022 to advertise sales deals with inventory on lots. Maybe some tie ins with NFL season too?